How much money will you spend this year on games?

#1 Edited by MarcRecon (5389 posts) -

So far my list of 8 games comes up to 500$, and I'm almost ABSOLUTELY sure I'm not gonna spend a dime more!! lol....what about you guys?

#2 Posted by GiantAssPanda (1590 posts) -

Probably not that much. Ground Zeroes and Arkham Knight are my only must have games this year.

2015 is a whole different matter though.

#3 Edited by Bigboi500 (28804 posts) -

I spent way too much on systems and games last year, but this one will be different. Maybe six or seven day one purchases and a few on sale. My backlog is almost overwhelming, so I'll be busy all year regardless.

Day one: Mario Kart 8, TLOU PS4 (did not buy it on PS3), Dragon Age Inquisition (if it comes out this year), Tales of Xillia 2 and Zestiria, Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth, Destiny (PS4).

On sale: Watch Dogs and some already released games.

Also some digital purchases like Child of Light.

#4 Posted by MarcRecon (5389 posts) -

@GiantAssPanda:

Ironically, those are 2 of the games that are on my list as well and let me correct myself, I have estimated what I will spend but when it comes down to it, I will probably spend about half

#5 Posted by MarcRecon (5389 posts) -

I spent way too much on systems and games last year, but this one will be different. Maybe six or seven day one purchases and a few on sale. My backlog is almost overwhelming, so I'll be busy all year regardless.

Day one: Mario Kart 8, TLOU PS4 (did not buy it on PS3), Dragon Age Inquisition (if it comes out this year), Tales of Xillia 2 and Zestiria, Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth, Destiny (PS4).

On sale: Watch Dogs and some already released games.

Also some digital purchases like Child of Light.

Agreed, that's why I usually keep my purchases around 3-4 a year!

#6 Posted by Namgis (3570 posts) -

$0. I get a great deal of my games via free rentals, and my collection of yet to be played games is 50+.

#7 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25406 posts) -

Dark Souls II, possibly Metro 2033 before I play M:LL and any more than that depends when I get a PS4. Which could be next year. So anywhere from approx. £40 to the many hundreds.

#8 Posted by BattleSpectre (5952 posts) -

A fucken lot, that's my answer. I've bought a PS4, and 2 Xbox One's so far (one was a gift to my older brother, he already has a PS4). That's not including the games I've bought across the multiple platforms I own. I don't like sitting down and adding it all up though, what's the point in that? Every hobby you enjoy doing is expensive. Gaming is a privilege not a right.

#9 Edited by withe1982 (450 posts) -

So far I'm up to £160 ($266) with my biggest expense being InFAMOUS:SS, although if you include my PS4 Console I'm sitting at £560 ($931).

This year I plan on buying:

• Octodad: £12
  • TLOU (PS4): £40
  • Watch Dogs: £50
  • Destiny: £50
  • The Evil Within: £50
  • Alien Isolation: £50
  • The Order 1886: £50
  • Dying Light: £50
  • The Division: £50

Making my overall total: £562 ($935)
Including console: £962 ($1600)

To Be fair I don't really see that as a massive amount considering it's my main pass-time. A lot of my friends are football season ticket holders and must spend at least £2000 a season watching their team. For me if you convert the length of time/enjoyment I'll be getting from those games then it's very cheap IMO.

#10 Edited by dipdish (858 posts) -

Well, I don't think I will spend more than a couple of hundred dollars on games. There are so many old games that I want to play, and there are fairly cheap used copies. Plus, the PS Store sales. And, I tend to spend more money on books. We'll see.

#11 Posted by marcheegsr (2424 posts) -

Maybe around $400. But I don't want to add it all up. It's money well spent either way for the amount of entertainment I get from it.

I use to blow that much on weekends going out partying.

#12 Posted by bezza2011 (2193 posts) -

Ok here you go, this is from January to December this year, some I've already got which I'll list first

Infamous Second Son
MGS:GZ
Trails Fusion
Evil Within
Watchdogs
The Order
DriveClub
Batman:AK
Witcher 3

there the one's I know about, I guess after E3 I'll add more

So My whole total at this moment in time is

£347 - $577.5

#13 Posted by CTR360 (6851 posts) -

ps4 with infamous 450 euro watch dogs (ps4) 70 euro evil within(ps4) 70 euro tomb raider (ps4) 30 euro killzone SF 30 euro oddworld N tasty (ps4) 70 euro batman AK 70 euro alien isolation (ps4) 70 euro AC5 70 euro dragon age 3 (ps4) 70 euro the order 1886 70 euro nba 2k15 70 euro for curent gen final 13 -3 (ps3) 30 euro final 13-3(xbox360) 30 euro atelier 30 euro thief (360) 30 euro murder souls (360) 30 euro wolfstein (360) 30 euro

#14 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

Super Smash Bros and Dark Souls 2 are the only must buys for the rest of the year. Tales of Xillia 2 and Watch Dogs are probable purchases as well.

I might make a few impulse buys on good deals here or there so I'm gonna estimate $250 tops (should be able to get Dark Souls 2 and Watch Dogs for $30 each).

#15 Posted by elkoldo (879 posts) -

Last year I only paid for Last of Us and Beyond ,and got the rest for free :P However I believe I'm not paying even that much this year ,'cause it seems that Naught Dog and Quantic Dream aren't releasing anything , and still no sign of Last Gaurdian.So there's no game worth 60 bucks.

So far I'm up to £160 ($266) with my biggest expense being InFAMOUS:SS, although if you include my PS4 Console I'm sitting at £560 ($931).

To Be fair I don't really see that as a massive amount considering it's my main pass-time. A lot of my friends are football season ticket holders and must spend at least £2000 a season watching their team. For me if you convert the length of time/enjoyment I'll be getting from those games then it's very cheap IMO.

Really ?!

#16 Posted by MarcRecon (5389 posts) -

Like I said before I have 8 games total on my list, but most likely I'll only buy half on day 1.

Here are my must haves:

Arkham Knight

The Witcher 3

TLOU

The Division

Here's my secondary list:

The Order

Dying light

MG:GZ

Alien Isolation

#17 Posted by jasonredemption (205 posts) -

My Day One purchases:

InFamous: Second Son (I had reward certificates so I paid only about $4)

Watch Dogs - $50

Destiny - $50

Batman: Arkham Knight - $50

Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor - $50 (or less with certificates from previous games)

My wait for Review & probably a sale purchases:

Wolfenstein: The New Order

The Amazing Spider-Man 2

The Order: 1886

Drive Club (?)

Assassins Creed (?) (Black Friday purchase)

Games likely not coming out until 2015 or beyond...

The Division

The Crew

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Uncharted 4

#18 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (5449 posts) -

Hard to say... probably around AU$1000. Give or take.

#19 Edited by Megavideogamer (5230 posts) -

2014 total thus far is $60.00,$60,00 for 2 Playstation 4 games and $200.00 for the PSvita 2000 8GB Borderlands 2 bundle $320 spent for 2014.

So for the rest of 2014? The order 1866, Metal Gear solid 5 Phantom pain, Destiny, and drive club if they have it ready in 2014.

#20 Posted by ewalthour (557 posts) -

Mine is definitely watch dog, barman,....everything else is a toss if it comes this year such as division, drive club, maybe evil within and maybe The Order.

#21 Posted by Carl_W21 (2020 posts) -

Hard to say, I am getting games with my PS+ so does my subscription count ? lol

Just got a 3DS XL - got 8 games for that already, don't plan on getting any more for PS3 or 360, I will get a next gen in coming months, so see how that works out, so far about £150 on the DS games, £33 for the PS+. I will probably get a good handful with PS4, maybe £400-500 worth, hopefully be some good deals on.

Oh wait I forgot Steam Sales - add another £100 for summer and xmas lol.

#22 Posted by MarcRecon (5389 posts) -

For myself I forgot to include used PS3 and 360 tittles!! lol

#23 Posted by guynamedbilly (12917 posts) -

Watch Dogs

The Order (Maybe)

Wolfenstein ( Maybe)

Murdered Soul Suspect (Maybe)

Batman Arkham Knight (Maybe)

Diablo 3 PS4

Mad Max (Maybe)

A handful of smaller games added to that. Will only get some of the above on good sale prices. Probably less than $500.

#24 Posted by sukraj (21585 posts) -

Nice list imo.