ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ewalthour
Member since 2013 • 841 Posts

I put my light bar to dim. So has anyone calculated how long the battery last compared to the standard bright setting?

Lhomity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 Lhomity
Member since 2011 • 508 Posts

From: http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/05/04/ps4-1-7-dualshock-4-battery-life-increase-by-dimming-the-light-measured-for-all-settings/

Turns out, not by much. We measured it ourselves with three cycles from full charge to zero at “bright,” “medium” and “dim” settings. Vibration was kept off (or better, the system update turned it off for us) and the controller was left idle on the menu screen. In order to keep the variables even.

On “Bright” setting, the controller ran from 8:48 PM to 7:47 AM the morning after, clocking 10 hours and 59 minutes of battery life.

On “Medium” setting, the controller started its work at 5:25 PM and ran out of juice at 5:25 AM, for a total battery life of 11 hours and 42 minutes. 50 Minutes longer than the “Bright” setting.

On “Dim” Settin it ran from 9:41 AM to 10:02 PM, clocking 12 hours and 21 minutes of battery life. 81 minutes longer than the “Bright” setting.

So, not much. The light bar's effect on the battery is minimal anyway.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

Seems like they cant calculate properly.

5.25pm to 5.25pm is 12hrs...

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

last the same for me

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ewalthour
Member since 2013 • 841 Posts

This doesn't seem like a accurate way of measuring gameplay with vibration off and idle. I would like to see real time with someone playing hrs straight etc. I don't have a game that I would play 8 hrs long now until maybe watch dog comes out.

To me this would let me know real time battery life.

frasefrase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By frasefrase
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I`'m trying to update this post. I found now if you want to increase PS4 controller battery life you can use Power Pak from Nyko. This is the latest gadget. Anyone tried it ?

Here is a short review about it: http://www.techwarn.com/how-to-increase-ps4-controller-battery-life/

Ep1cLoots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Ep1cLoots
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

been awhile BUT I been playing GTAV straight today with a new fully charge controller from 7AM to roughly 330PM. Light was on Dim but there was a lot of "rumble" usage since i been driving offroad and being reckless driving all over the place....

edit: there was no more bars on battery life icon and message said must charge soon. So maybe can pull about 9hrs of battery life.

MikeHockbourns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MikeHockbourns
Member since 2014 • 754 Posts

I don't know but I had bad experience with how long the thumb-sticks last. the rubber comes off on them.

Avatar image for Prince_Denspion
Prince_Denspion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 Prince_Denspion
Member since 2004 • 2748 Posts

Battery life is nothing, In one sitting of maybe 2 hours of game play, battery drops to about 50% from a full charge. Luckily My PS4 is withing USB charging distance so I can connect and play on.