KillerK1ng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 KillerK1ng
Member since 2014 • 135 Posts

Hi all, so recently I came into possession of a debugger unit. After doing a little bit of research I found out what my unit is capable of doing and what its limitations are. How I got my hands on it? I work in the same building as a games studio. The studio that was the previous owner before me were doing some refurbishment, and they were chucking them all out. I bumped into a staff member at the studio and he was on his way to the skip with 3 of these debugger units in his hand, after a small yet brief convocation he offered me one as they were going to be chucked out. I instantly noticed the 'test' on the front of the console and I was aware it was a developers unit but I wasn't sure on what the worth was.

After doing a few hours research online mostly on forums I still haven't found out the exact worth. While some stating they could be up to $10,000 a unit from a few years back, to now $600 currently... of course I don't know what to believe. I've attached some photos to prove my little story is true and also to give you a model number of the console I own. If someone could tell me what its worth, the best website to sell on that would be great. and also just any information that's worth knowing. I do know what they are used for.

Also:

My ps3 debugger can play games, can't play dvds/blurays and can't go online.

I picked up mw2 for £2 (im british) and played it for a while... good fun for £2!

Thanks!

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

I honestly don't know who would want it, besides a developer. It can't play BR/DVDs, nor go online. I just can't see it being worth that much to a normal consumer, and let's be honest if they were worth up to $10,000 that staff member wouldn't be throwing them into the bin. If you're really interested in selling it, your best bet is putting it up on eBay and hope for the best.

xCaZx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 xCaZx
Member since 2015 • 82 Posts

$10,000 was probably a stretch, even a few years ago. As far as I know there is little value to most test units outside of the collector community.

I kind of got into some retro gaming, and I have seen some youtube personalities who spend a few hundred bucks on some older test units, one that comes to mind was a sega dreamcast. It was pretty cool but it didn't do much.

Might be worth holding onto it and seeing what its worth with the collector community 10 or 15 years down the road.

monson21502

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 monson21502
Member since 2009 • 8230 Posts

I would keep it .as more and more get thrown in the trash urs might be worth a lot

Retro_baloch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Retro_baloch
Member since 2017 • 1 Posts

Keep this don't forget these stuff are rare now and this model also plays ps1 games all regions of originals and burned games. I have lots of Dev kits and yes these worth a lot and about DVD and blue ray look this is a damn console for games not for entertainment its a Dev kit people kill them self's to chip a damn ps1 to plays copy games and here you have a damn Dev kit from the company it made in a way you can play copy games and who plays online on ps3 now? And why you wanna play online on a Dev kit? This is a rare baby take a good Care of it these worth a lot I sold one in 700$ long ago where I live.