how many times can I download my psn games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by fastrozombies (332 posts) -
I am just curious because one of my buddies wants me to download tekken on his ps3 for him. and I have downloaded it twice before, the original date I bought it, and the second time after I recieved my new playstation from sony (got a disk read error, stop reading disks)
#2 Posted by elmo442 (401 posts) -

I am just curious because one of my buddies wants me to download tekken on his ps3 for him. and I have downloaded it twice before, the original date I bought it, and the second time after I recieved my new playstation from sony (got a disk read error, stop reading disks)fastrozombies

you get 5 times of download per game but youll have to give him your account on his ps3 because he can only play tekken on your account.. i think.. well im posotive

#3 Posted by Sirilius (231 posts) -
thats good to know, so if i were to replace my hard drive with a 250gb one, i could just re-dl all the games, including warhawk, from PSN Store?
#4 Posted by c0mplex (15382 posts) -
when replacing your HDD... you can just back up your old HDD on another memory device (a USB flash drive or an external HDD) and load them back up when you install your larger HDD.
#5 Posted by elmo442 (401 posts) -

thats good to know, so if i were to replace my hard drive with a 250gb one, i could just re-dl all the games, including warhawk, from PSN Store?Sirilius

you can only download warhawk once so thats a no

I think youll be fine with the other games

and you need the same account u downloaded them with so you would have to know ur e-mail and your password

hope i helped but im definately sure about warhawk but its best searching google

#6 Posted by johnnythegamer2 (1468 posts) -
For every PSN game it can be downloaded on up to 5 PS3 systems, that is 5 activated systems. U can download it infinately on each of these activated systems. You can activate/deactivate your account on the system by going to Account Management, and then going to the first option, and then going to Activate System. Thus, you can only have 1 PSN account activated on 5 systems. The content will not be downloaded if there has been already 5 activations for the PSN account leading the next person to a message that reads: This content cannot be downloaded. 5 Systems have been activated with this account. To download this content on this PS3, please deactivate one of 5 accounts.

Doing this will lead to the deactivated PS3 to be unable to play any content downloaded from such account.
#7 Posted by johnnythegamer2 (1468 posts) -

[QUOTE="Sirilius"]thats good to know, so if i were to replace my hard drive with a 250gb one, i could just re-dl all the games, including warhawk, from PSN Store?elmo442

and you need the same account u downloaded them with so you would have to know ur e-mail and your password

hope i helped but im definately sure about warhawk but its best searching google

Warhawk follows the same rules. Unlimited downloads for 5 activated accounts. However, Warhawk has a rule that it could only be downloaded EVERY 24 HOURS AND can ONLY be used by the account whom purchased the content.
#8 Posted by Sirilius (231 posts) -

[QUOTE="elmo442"]

Warhawk follows the same rules. Unlimited downloads for 5 activated accounts. However, Warhawk has a rule that it could only be downloaded EVERY 24 HOURS AND can ONLY be used by the account whom purchased the content.johnnythegamer2

You are positive about it? Last thing I wanna do is not being able to re-dl warhawk if I was to purchase and install a bigger hard drive.

#9 Posted by elmo442 (401 posts) -
[QUOTE="elmo442"]

[QUOTE="Sirilius"]thats good to know, so if i were to replace my hard drive with a 250gb one, i could just re-dl all the games, including warhawk, from PSN Store?johnnythegamer2

Warhawk follows the same rules. Unlimited downloads for 5 activated accounts. However, Warhawk has a rule that it could only be downloaded EVERY 24 HOURS AND can ONLY be used by the account whom purchased the content.

you can onlydownload warhawk once i posotive it has a lock on it im sure

hueva started this topic justmake athread saying" can i only download warhawk once? " and you sure get the correct answer

#10 Posted by elmo442 (401 posts) -
[QUOTE="johnnythegamer2"][QUOTE="elmo442"]

[QUOTE="Sirilius"]thats good to know, so if i were to replace my hard drive with a 250gb one, i could just re-dl all the games, including warhawk, from PSN Store?elmo442

you can onlydownload warhawk once i posotive it has a lock on it im sure

hueva started this topic justmake athread saying" can i only download warhawk once? " and you sure get the correct answer

so i got an answer i from my thread and here it is i think i was wrong:

As the owner of the d/l version, you can d/l it for unlimited times on 5 different activated systems. Meaning if you downloaded it on the system you own now and delete it, you can d/l it again and again. Its only limited through 5 activated systems. This means you and 4 other friends can own it, but this also means you cannot play at the same time for it requires you to be logged in as the owner. Even as the right owner, having 5 accounts logged in is not possible, hope that make sense.

#11 Posted by johnnythegamer2 (1468 posts) -
Yeah bro even on the small print on Warhawk it says it can be downloaded once every 24 hours on up to 5 activated PS3 systems.