How long can I run my PS3 before trouble starts?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by BuryMe (22017 posts) -

I'm playing Ratchet & Clank and trying to get 150,000 bolts. I've managed to get on to a loop where I get some bolts every few seconds, but it's literally going to take me hours to get them. I might have to leave the PS3 running over night. Will this damage my system or game?

#2 Posted by Rattlesnake_8 (18342 posts) -
No, as long as it isnt over heating it should be fine.. why don't you just play the game to get the trophy?
#3 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -
I left mine on for more then 20 hours before, though why not just save?
#4 Posted by Namgis (3572 posts) -

I've never had an issue with leaving my PS3 on for very long periods. Completed a few 24hr endurance races in GT5. As long as there is ample airflow to keep it reasonably cool, you should be fine. How old is the machine?

#5 Posted by SoNin360 (5281 posts) -
Yeah pretty much as long as it doesn't get too hot then there's nothing to worry about. I've left mine on all night for a game before.
#6 Posted by XereoWarrior (158 posts) -
My cousin left her PS3 running with Modern Warfare 2 in the disk drive for 13 days until it died. (it was a 120gig slim) So my answer is 13 days. You could maybe leave it running longer if there's no game in the Blu-ray drive.
#7 Posted by nick36001 (77 posts) -

i have an old 80gb 2 port fat system and iv left it on for 24 hours multiple times. Its still running fine.

#8 Posted by BuryMe (22017 posts) -

I left mine on for more then 20 hours before, though why not just save? Fightingfan
If I exit the race, the loop I'm using to get bolts won't work any more. Once you exit the race, the boxes disappear.

#9 Posted by BuryMe (22017 posts) -

I've never had an issue with leaving my PS3 on for very long periods. Completed a few 24hr endurance races in GT5. As long as there is ample airflow to keep it reasonably cool, you should be fine. How old is the machine?

Namgis

I honestly don't remember. A year or 2 at the most.

Thanks for all the help guys. I'm going to bed, so I'll see what happens tomorrow.

#10 Posted by pspitus (2396 posts) -

As long as your PS3 isn't under a pile of laundry or something, and has room to breathe...

Your PS3 should be fine :D

#11 Posted by undeadgoon (599 posts) -

it will be fine, my brother used to keep his ps3 on for weeks at a time while going thro a game.. and just pausing it when he wanted to stop...

Ill never understand why he didnt just save it... but oh well ...:)

#12 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]I left mine on for more then 20 hours before, though why not just save? BuryMe

If I exit the race, the loop I'm using to get bolts won't work any more. Once you exit the race, the boxes disappear.

What rachet is this?
#13 Posted by RapidTurtle (329 posts) -

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?