How is the internet browser on the PS4?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BH14
Member since 2005 • 1927 Posts

Anything different from the PS3 browser? Improved?

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#2 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

Well, I didn't get a whole lot of time with it but from what I did, I'd say it's a slight upgrade. It runs a little faster but it's still kinda clunky.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

^^I'm guessing all PS4 users aren't using the internet today. Very little in way of first impressions outside the media.

MFbronz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MFbronz
Member since 2007 • 403 Posts

It ain't bad, while just as clunky as the ps3 browser at times, the ram makes it faster, most sites i frequent work, but no flash as of yet so YouTube is a no go for now. anything you post on say your Facebook as far as videos will play, vine videos play to.

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BH14

I was hoping the browser would be much better.

They really need to get a youtube app. The youtube app used to be bad on the ps3 in the beginning but now it is really awesome. The quality of the videos look like HD, very fast and the user interface especially with the scrolling up and down rather than typing is so much better. The prediction is really good as I would type like 3 or 4 letters and it guessed my text correctly. I don't know why youtube app was on ps3 but no ps4. Hopefully real soon they will get it on ps4.

I am assuming the netflix on ps4 is the same as ps3.... I hope so. I am really liking the new netflix setup on the ps3. Very nice!

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BH14

I was hoping the browser would be much better.

They really need to get a youtube app. The youtube app used to be bad on the ps3 in the beginning but now it is really awesome. The quality of the videos look like HD, very fast and the user interface especially with the scrolling up and down rather than typing is so much better. The prediction is really good as I would type like 3 or 4 letters and it guessed my text correctly. I don't know why youtube app was on ps3 but no ps4. Hopefully real soon they will get it on ps4.

I am assuming the netflix on ps4 is the same as ps3.... I hope so. I am really liking the new netflix setup on the ps3. Very nice!

DeViLzzzWIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 DeViLzzzWIN
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

My biggest thing with both browsers for PS3 and Xbox 360 were that they didn't support enough video playing formats. I would go to watch my uncle race on a certain website and nope I could not watch it. I had all sorts of issues playing certain video formats. Hopefully this will change with these consoles this time around.