how do you voice chat with friends while playing games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hyogen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 hyogen
Member since 2004 • 233 Posts

my friend and i tried while playing each other online in NBA 2k7 last night. there didn't seem to be any option to do it. I had my PS eye on with the blue light on too.

thanks in advance.

Choco_Taco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Choco_Taco
Member since 2007 • 573 Posts

my friend and i tried while playing each other online in NBA 2k7 last night. there didn't seem to be any option to do it. I had my PS eye on with the blue light on too.

thanks in advance.

hyogen

It's currently not possible :(

smeags11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 smeags11
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts
during online games you should be able to but on PS3 you cant just chat
hyogen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 hyogen

wow i see........so even using a headset is not an option for games like Socom?

hyogen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 hyogen
during online games you should be able to but on PS3 you cant just chat smeags11
i don't think i'm understnading correctly. so even in games like Socom or whatever, there is NO way to voicechat. wow! that's incredible....... it woudl be so much more fun to be able to play like tiger woods or something and talk while you're playing....what the heck why do they even sell the Socom bundled with the mic then???
jt4mtb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jt4mtb
Member since 2003 • 2352 Posts
[QUOTE="smeags11"]during online games you should be able to but on PS3 you cant just chat hyogen
i don't think i'm understnading correctly. so even in games like Socom or whatever, there is NO way to voicechat. wow! that's incredible....... it woudl be so much more fun to be able to play like tiger woods or something and talk while you're playing....what the heck why do they even sell the Socom bundled with the mic then???

You misunderstand them. I believe it's specifically NBA 2K7 that doesn't support voicechat (I'm not too certain since I don't own the game). A large majority of games do support voice chat within the game. I use my headset all the time whenever I jump on COD4, Resistance 2, LBP, and SF2 online.
Seritonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 Seritonin
Member since 2008 • 423 Posts
And I hear people chatting all the time on Bond and NHL 09. Can you hear people better thru the headset when they are talking cuz when people talk and it comes thru my speakers it sounds all muffled and hard to understand.
dylan417

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 dylan417
Member since 2008 • 5195 Posts
call playstation they will tell u everything u need to know worked for me
Avatar image for TheSilverPlayer
TheSilverPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TheSilverPlayer
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

To be honest, on online gaming when you want 2 talk to friends, your better off creatin a private match between u andur friends, because sometimes voice connections fail when everyone is tryin to talk, or ....... u may of accidently muted a player, when a match is over and the end screen comes up, pressing square cn mute player.

hyogen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hyogen

ahhh whew. thank you :)

smeags11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 smeags11
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts
[QUOTE="smeags11"]during online games you should be able to but on PS3 you cant just chat hyogen

no I mean during online games you CAN chat, but not just in the XMB or anytihng
jojothekid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jojothekid
Member since 2008 • 2108 Posts
if you just wanna chat withyour friend and not play games there is a chat room in the friends section. seems kinda obvious but some people surprisingly dont know its there