How Do I Get My Old Account Back?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by konradak (1769 posts) -

I bought a PS3 a while ago and I got the red screen of death, I suppose that's a proper name for it, and I returned it to Gamestop for a new one. My question is how do I load my old account into this new PS3, with my trophies? I know I lost the save data, but did I really lose all that other stuff too? Or is it like the 360, where I can recover my GT? I already looked, and could not find anything. Help me pleaseee :)

#2 Posted by zoidsj (2628 posts) -

I bought a PS3 a while ago and I got the red screen of death, I suppose that's a proper name for it, and I returned it to Gamestop for a new one. My question is how do I load my old account into this new PS3, with my trophies? I know I lost the save data, but did I really lose all that other stuff too? Or is it like the 360, where I can recover my GT? I already looked, and could not find anything. Help me pleaseee :)

konradak

just log in with your old account and it'll work

#3 Posted by _SWAG_ (2663 posts) -

create a new user id, dont create a new psn id, retrieve psn id, and you should get it back

#4 Posted by zoidsj (2628 posts) -

create a new user id, dont create a new psn id, retrieve psn id, and you should get it back

_SWAG_

yeah that, i couldnt phrase it right xD

#5 Posted by samuraiguns (11588 posts) -

Red Screen of Death? TC enlighten me.

#6 Posted by konradak (1769 posts) -

Yea, I logged into my PSNid but how about my user account?

#7 Posted by MrGanny (2911 posts) -

Red Screen of Death? TC enlighten me.

samuraiguns

This.

#8 Posted by konradak (1769 posts) -

*sigh* Hold on....

Anyways, so what about my user account?

#9 Posted by Mutt523 (3805 posts) -
[QUOTE="konradak"]

*sigh* Hold on....

Your user account is lost because I beleave that was saved to your original PS3's hardrive.
#10 Posted by MrGanny (2911 posts) -

Wow, now that's new. Anyway for your question just press PS button create a new user and when you're go to the icon to make a new account, and just put your previous info and that should do the trick.

#11 Posted by Duckman5 (18934 posts) -
Wow a red screen of death, interesting. At least it isn't a blue screen. lol
#12 Posted by samuraiguns (11588 posts) -

amazing, I wonder how long it takes before everyone has this?

I wonder what it is...

#13 Posted by konradak (1769 posts) -

Alrighty, thanks a lot everyone :) Appreciate it,,

#14 Posted by _SWAG_ (2663 posts) -

*sigh* Hold on....

konradak

man thats horrible what sku do you have? i have 2 60gb from launch im scared to deaht its going to kick the bucket soon

#15 Posted by konradak (1769 posts) -

[QUOTE="konradak"]

*sigh* Hold on....

_SWAG_

man thats horrible what sku do you have? i have 2 60gb from launch im scared to deaht its going to kick the bucket soon

I bought it in Feb or March. It's the 80GB. It could be because I moved to Germany and it wasn't plugged into a transformer, however it was fine for a few months so maybe not.
#16 Posted by big_drake93 (1 posts) -
I was playing Modern Warfare 2 yesterday and the ps3 was fine, today my bro played mw2 and after him I wanted to play. So I plugged in the cords right and turned it on. I then clicked on Modern Warfare 2 to start playing but it was just a black screen nothing happened. I also tried Black Ops and all of the God of Wars still nothing. So my bro had to delete my file and he placed his on a flash drive but there wasn't enough room for my file. Can someone either give me tips on how to get my ps3 to read disks or give me tips on how to get my old file back because I had a lot of things that took me forever to get on games?