how can one save ps3 games to the hard disc?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by omarloggan (1 posts) -

pleas can anyone tell me how can i save a ps3 game from the CD to the hard disc.

thanx

#2 Posted by emitsu97 (10720 posts) -
You can't save the entire game to HDD.
#3 Posted by jimm895 (7703 posts) -
You can't save the game to HDD but you can save some game data to the HDD. This is to prevent pirateing of games.
#4 Posted by bluezclue (1865 posts) -
anyone notice when ur playing a game and u take out the game.... u can still play the game? i mean yea it dies out after a bit... but yea i just found that cool...
#5 Posted by nvorgang (162 posts) -

anyone notice when ur playing a game and u take out the game.... u can still play the game? i mean yea it dies out after a bit... but yea i just found that cool...bluezclue

That's probably because the game to that point was already loaded in from the disc then it dies out when it can't load from the disc because you took it out.

Anyways, I read somewhere on the net (I think neogaf or vgchartz) that you will be able to install DMC4 onto the ps3 hdd...it'll take about 5 gigs and this option will have no load times and provide true lossless audio. The load times, no big deal, but the lossless audio is something I could care less about.

#6 Posted by nvorgang (162 posts) -

http://www.psu.com/Devil-May-Cry-on-PS3-to-feature-exclusive-content-News--a0002258-p0.php

Go here for what I was saying about DMC4.

#7 Posted by dstryr13 (6521 posts) -

anyone notice when ur playing a game and u take out the game.... u can still play the game? i mean yea it dies out after a bit... but yea i just found that cool...bluezclue

this was possible with the PS2 also, just cant go past a load point