How can I listen to PS3 thru bluetooth headphones?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by TheEldestGod (4142 posts) -

I just got myself a nice pair of Bluetooth stereo headphones, but I can't find a way to use them to listen to my PS3. They have a mic attatched and I can use the mic and hear the mic through the headset, but I want ALL my PS3 sounds to go through my headset. I mean, how do I listen to music through them and stuff like that? Any clues? Am I missing something or does it only work for headsets?

#2 Posted by Pvt_r3d (7894 posts) -

I just got myself a nice pair of Bluetooth stereo headphones, but I can't find a way to use them to listen to my PS3. They have a mic attatched and I can use the mic and hear the mic through the headset, but I want ALL my PS3 sounds to go through my headset. I mean, how do I listen to music through them and stuff like that? Any clues? Am I missing something or does it only work for headsets?

TheEldestGod
Go to the sounds settings and set your headset for the output source.
#3 Posted by TheEldestGod (4142 posts) -
[QUOTE="Pvt_r3d"][QUOTE="TheEldestGod"]

Go to the sounds settings and set your headset for the output source.

See, I went to Sound Settings and all it showed was HDMI, Optical, and Audio Input Connector/SCART/AV Multi.
#4 Posted by Pvt_r3d (7894 posts) -
Try Device settings then
#5 Posted by TheEldestGod (4142 posts) -
Yeah, no dice. I set it to output device and it still only plays the microphone audio. There's no option to have the mic off while its set to the output device, either. I'm dumbfounded that this isn't easier.
#6 Posted by idk761 (3229 posts) -
I don't think it is possible with the PS3. You also, would probably need stereo bluetooth headphones or something.
#7 Posted by TheEldestGod (4142 posts) -
I don't think it is possible with the PS3. You also, would probably need stereo bluetooth headphones or something.idk761
It seems to look that way. It blows my mind that the PS3 has Bluetooth but you can't listen to your music through a Bluetooth headset. Its stereo headphones that I have btw. They just have a mic attached, too. Maybe the mic is whats effing it up. Man, this sucks.
#8 Posted by guynamedbilly (12917 posts) -
You can't. If you have a pc nearby with a bluetooth dongle, you can have the ps3 output sound to the pc and then output sound from the pc to your bluetooth. It's a crummy workaround but really the only way.
#9 Posted by TheEldestGod (4142 posts) -
You can't. If you have a pc nearby with a bluetooth dongle, you can have the ps3 output sound to the pc and then output sound from the pc to your bluetooth. It's a crummy workaround but really the only way.guynamedbilly
Well, that sucks. I'll just get myself a BT dongle and listen to my music off my PC instead. I guess if I want to listen to my games through these things I'll use the workaround. Thanks for the tip, man.