How are the Playstation Wireless Gold Headset?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RiKanKiDD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 RiKanKiDD
Member since 2007 • 1059 Posts

Im thinking about upgrading from my TB PX22 to The Gold Headset from Playstation. To any Ps4 users, have you tried them? How are they and how is the quality and comfort.

raydog44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 raydog44
Member since 2006 • 248 Posts

I'm liking them. Right now I also have the Skullcandy PlYR 1s but I think I am going to sell them as my friends have a tough time hearing me. I was skeptical the Gold's didn't have a mic that is right in front of your mouth but all my friends say they hear me much better. Sound is good but not going to say top notch. But I can hear people walking up on me and I know where other shooters are shooting from. Could use a little more bass but really its fine. As far as quality, not bad but the joints that fold in for traveling worry me long term. The ear pads are pretty comfortable and breathable. I do wish there was a little more padding on the bar that sits on top of your head. I do love that you get the power bar indicator on screen so you know when to charge them and I think the companion app is cool (just started using it so can't comment yet). For 99 beans I think they are a solid wireless purchase and must buy if you are looking for a headset in this money range.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

I love my Sony Pulse Elite headset, so I imagine the Gold headset is great too.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts

@raydog44:

There is a lot of buzz surrounding the PLYR1's on the official playstation website since they are $130 at Best Buy. Everybody says their mic is loud and clear except when playing Battlefield.