How active is final fantasy xxiv rr

#1 Posted by Trinitarian (1299 posts) -

I'm either going to get an x1 or ps4 tomorrow. The only thing that holds me back on ps4. Is the controller. For the life of me I don't see why they don't fix the analog sticks. I hate it with a passion. Anyway, I figure I might be able to deal with it but I have such big hands I fear I might not. Anyhow, one thing that might tip the balance in favor of buying the ps4 tomorrow is how active is the ff xxiv mmo? Also, how frindly would it be for a noob since it's been out for awhile now?

#2 Edited by jsmoke03 (12924 posts) -

ff 14 there are a lot of ppl playing on it. i heard it was like 2.3 million subs. theres always going to be bad apples, but for the most part, friendly community

#3 Edited by SolidTy (43787 posts) -

@Trinitarian said:

I'm either going to get an x1 or ps4 tomorrow. The only thing that holds me back on ps4. Is the controller. For the life of me I don't see why they don't fix the analog sticks. I hate it with a passion. Anyway, I figure I might be able to deal with it but I have such big hands I fear I might not. Anyhow, one thing that might tip the balance in favor of buying the ps4 tomorrow is how active is the ff xxiv mmo? Also, how frindly would it be for a noob since it's been out for awhile now?

I have giant hands and I can palm a basketball with ease.

The PS4 controller is fine. The only reason Xbox has the analog in a different spot was to avoid a lawsuit with Sony, somehow that avoiding a patent infringement gave people the idea that there was more behind the analog placement than that. This was back in 2001 and they stuck with it ever since. It's not some grand scheme, it's just something you got used to over years. Our hands are symmetrical, so the analog placement being symmetrical is fine. However, I can go either way, I will dominate in most MP and SP games with either controller.

I can equally play on my Xbox controllers. I'm a godly gamer with over 125,000+ Gamerscore and over 124+ Platinum Trophies to give you an idea of my stats in videogames. I truly am what I say I am. I have huge hands, I play sports and Basketball especially, and I can tell you there isn't an issue other than in your mind.

I don't play FF14, so I can't help you there. I came to comment about the controllers though. If it's any consolation, the PS4 Dualshock 4 has more heft and a more 360 feel to it.

#4 Posted by starwarsjunky (24735 posts) -

its a very active community that likely isn't leaving anytime soon. its not too hard to jump in and get caught up to the new content, as they make older content easier over time. While some people can be rude, there's also a number that will take the time to help when you ask. if you decide to get it and join on Balmung, i can help you get started. although i play on pc, there's a large amount of people who play on PS3/4.