Holy **** Vanquish is ridiculously fun

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Tigerman950 (2417 posts) -

I can't remember the last time I've played a game so mind-blowingly fast paced and enjoyable that I found myself laughing out loud for no apparent reason. The game is just pure, lightspeed action from start to finish: you've got millions of bullets and rockets being fired in the air from every direction, bright colors from random explosions and gunfire (enemies emitting a cool blue burst when they die) and, NOT to be forgotten, that insane ridiculous jetpack that makes you slide forward super fast, whilst you can shoot enemies in slow motion as you're sliding past them...I could probably describe a million ways the game could blow your mind.

Granted, the dialogue and voice acting are pretty over-the-top, but laughably so, so I don't mind. Apparently it's a short game (4 hours according to one user?) but I wouldn't mind playing through it multiple times. I wanted to put all this out there because surprisingly I hadn't heard about this game before I downloaded it off PSN and started playing it (I got it for free since I just bought a year of Playstation Plus), and even more surprising is it came out back in 2010, so only now did I know of its existence. I haven't played a game that ridiculous or action-packed in ages, but I'm glad I didn't overlook it, so I want to make sure others know about it too.

Who else has played the game, and has had as big of a blast as I have so far?

#2 Posted by MethodManFTW (25783 posts) -
Yes sir. Vanquish is AMAZING. Platinum Games can develop action games like no other.
#3 Posted by destinhpark (4753 posts) -

Indeed it is. And definitely challenging, which I love.

#4 Posted by blackrunie (40 posts) -

i'd heard about vanquish before, but didn't think it was something for me.

then, like you, i got it for free with PS+ and noticed ''platinum games'' on it. that woke me up, i immediately downloaded it and played the hell out of it. it's the good kind of corny B-movie, the one that just makes you chuckle instead of sigh. i loved it all the way through.

#5 Posted by glitch2424 (897 posts) -

Yes sir. Vanquish is AMAZING. Platinum Games can develop action games like no other.MethodManFTW

THIS.

The only problem with them (and arguably their biggest asset) is their sense of style. Luckily, for Vanquish, the gameplay and setting boost it to a phenomal experience.

#6 Posted by Fezzinator101 (231 posts) -

It certainly is:D. One of my favorite games this gen for sure.

#7 Posted by Djmaster214 (3236 posts) -

[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]Yes sir. Vanquish is AMAZING. Platinum Games can develop action games like no other.glitch2424

THIS.

The only problem with them (and arguably their biggest asset) is their sense of style. Luckily, for Vanquish, the gameplay and setting boost it to a phenomal experience.

im so glad you got to experience it lol im always trying to get peopple to play it
#8 Posted by Ballroompirate (23030 posts) -

Honestly it was a waste of $17. The story is hilariously bad, the voice acting is cheesy/bad, enemies are bland and repetitive/re used way too often. Vanquish only had decent shooting/cover mechanics and that was the only positive thing about that game.

#9 Posted by ez_moneymaker (1211 posts) -
Its great. Everything is better when its free.
#10 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
yup, its very good. A bit short, but no filler.
#11 Posted by MrNuttyboh (137 posts) -

yeah i downloaded it today... it has been a rush so far...pretty awesome

#12 Posted by Blabadon (26588 posts) -
Parts in the middle become really dull due to level design issues and the last bosses are cheap as hell on Hard, but the game is fantastic.
#13 Posted by lazyhoboguy (1678 posts) -
I loved it. I want a sequel but it will probably never happen.
#14 Posted by judaspete (418 posts) -
Vanquish has ruined 3rd person shooters for me. Nowadays when I try to play Gears of War or Uncharted, they just feel painfully slow.
#15 Posted by SJ-92klov (15 posts) -

Yup, indeed a really amazing game! I would love to see a sequel or maybe another Vanquish style game made by the same developers. Something that was little dissapointing for me was that I had the feeling the game was short. I had amazing fun in almost all the levels that I wanted a little more. The tutorial level room was a nice touch! Yeah....Vanquish was really fun to play.

#16 Posted by RollinKaos (69 posts) -

Saw it free on PSN last night and downloaded it, figured what the heck. Watched the You Tube of the demo and I cant wait to play this game. I may not play it all the way through but dang it looks like a fun way to kill a couple hours . 

#17 Posted by enz2 (1689 posts) -
Awesome game, one of those hidden ps3 gems that gets unnoticed.
#18 Posted by lild1425 (6757 posts) -

Just downloaded it. My mind cannot comprehend all the sliding. So far it's good.