Hi there, I'm new to having a Playstation

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DigiTMPS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DigiTMPS3
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

Just traded my Xbox with all it's games for a PS3 so I can catch up to some of the titles before getting PS4. For me it's hard to say which is the best game since I've come from Xbox and PC, and I am currently finding a LOT of the PS3 games a much better experience for me. Had the console for a month so far.

It's hard to describe but it feels like it's brought back a true gaming feel to me , so much so that I have raced out and put a deposit down on a PS4.

So out of 10 I have played Last Of Us....10/10. Uncharted - 9/10, Uncharted 2 - 10/10, Uncharted 3 - 8/10, Infamous 1 and 2 8/10, Heavy Rain 10/10, Killzone 2 - 10/10, Killzone 3 - 9/10, Shadow of Colossus - 10/10, Final Fantasy 13 Part 1 and 2 - 10/10 (First time I have ever played a FF game and enjoyed it, although knew it received bad scores from some of the fanbase)

Is there any other series that brings back the feeling of sucking you in so much and never wanting to put the controller down until the credits roll?

Now haven't touched Metal Gear yet, and notice number 4 everyone is saying YES to. Is it worth it for me to pickup 4? Will I understand any of it without knowing what the series was about beforehand?

edit: lol, just noticed my topic sounds slightly like I'm introducing myself at an AA meeting. oops

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#2 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

welcome to the dark side.

Carnikoid85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#3 Carnikoid85
Member since 2005 • 534 Posts

Soon will come out Metal Gear Solid Legacy collection which includes all Metal Gear games, if interesested in Metal Gear games you should check it out

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Do yourself a favour and go buy the Mass effect trilogy.

DigiTMPS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DigiTMPS3

marcheegsr

That was a great trilogy, but played that originally on PC. Looking moreso for more PS exlusives, played a lot of games on the other platforms before changing.

Is the Resistance series worth looking into?

Carnikoid85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#6 Carnikoid85
Member since 2005 • 534 Posts

[QUOTE="marcheegsr"]

DigiTMPS3

That was a great trilogy, but played that originally on PC. Looking moreso for more PS exlusives, played a lot of games on the other platforms before changing.

I played first and second. They're fun games. Not the best shooter, but if you can buy it cheap ( and you probably can ) I'd say give it a try

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#7 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

Check out Motorstorm:  Pacific Rift if you have any interest in racing.  That game's a blast.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

[QUOTE="marcheegsr"]

DigiTMPS3

Resistance 1 and 3 were great. Didn't like part 2.

ultimameteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ultimameteora
Member since 2003 • 2573 Posts
The first KILLZONE is available on the PlayStation store, the graphics aren't that great but if you liked 2 & 3 you'll like it. Yes you should check out the Resistance trilogy and Little Big Planet.
ShadowofSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 ShadowofSonic
Member since 2009 • 24616 Posts
Enjoy the finest console this generation.

Soon will come out Metal Gear Solid Legacy collection which includes all Metal Gear games, if interesested in Metal Gear games you should check it out

Carnikoid85
Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

You wont understand shit thats going on in MGS4. Even the fans of the series ont uderstand wtf is going on in the MGS games.

Although i like the game, I cant recommend it to people. Its a difficult game to jump into willy nilly. And something most people dont want to admit it that the truth is............. the game is alittle out dated now.

As for RESISTANCE. Just skip to Resistance 3. No point in wasting your time with the first 2, you wont be missing out on the story much, and R3 is drastically defferent in tone and story than the first 2. R3 is a great game, I recommend it to everyone.

Chaboot17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Chaboot17

Check out Motorstorm:  Pacific Rift if you have any interest in racing.  That game's a blast.

Jackc8
If you love racing I highly recommend the new Need for Speed Most Wanted!
PS4TrumpsXbox1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 PS4TrumpsXbox1
Member since 2013 • 1371 Posts

Just traded my Xbox with all it's games for a PS3 so I can catch up to some of the titles before getting PS4. For me it's hard to say which is the best game since I've come from Xbox and PC, and I am currently finding a LOT of the PS3 games a much better experience for me. Had the console for a month so far.

It's hard to describe but it feels like it's brought back a true gaming feel to me , so much so that I have raced out and put a deposit down on a PS4.

So out of 10 I have played Last Of Us....10/10. Uncharted - 9/10, Uncharted 2 - 10/10, Uncharted 3 - 8/10, Infamous 1 and 2 8/10, Heavy Rain 10/10, Killzone 2 - 10/10, Killzone 3 - 9/10, Shadow of Colossus - 10/10, Final Fantasy 13 Part 1 and 2 - 10/10 (First time I have ever played a FF game and enjoyed it, although knew it received bad scores from some of the fanbase)

Is there any other series that brings back the feeling of sucking you in so much and never wanting to put the controller down until the credits roll?

Now haven't touched Metal Gear yet, and notice number 4 everyone is saying YES to. Is it worth it for me to pickup 4? Will I understand any of it without knowing what the series was about beforehand?

edit: lol, just noticed my topic sounds slightly like I'm introducing myself at an AA meeting. oops

DigiTMPS3
I would say you definitly need to try out god of war 1-3, especially 3
locus-solus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 locus-solus
Member since 2013 • 1557 Posts
you played Shadow of the Colossus but not "Ico"? Ico might be a little dated but its still one of the best adventure games ever made. "God of War Saga Collection" contains some excellent action adventure game only 27$ at amazon.com. would play in order of 1,2,3, Chain of Olympus, Ghost of Sparta. "Okami HD" is another excellent adventure game. this ps2 gem didn't sell very well do to being released in the ps3 release window. "Demon's Souls" is a hardcore action rpg that doesn't hold your hand love it fore that! once you know what your doing its much easier so it isnt to hard its spiritual successor "Dark Souls" is also really good. "Flower and Journey" two artsy games.
shaunchgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 shaunchgo
Member since 2006 • 4605 Posts
I'm not sure if you're into Sports - Baseball specifically. If so, check out MLB 13 the Show. You can probably find it for $39.99. Other than that, welcome!
Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

This thread needs more Valkyria Chronicles and Ni No Kuni!

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#18 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

Certainly play Resistance 3.  Highly undervalued.  The first is also very good, but quite dated at this point.

Also, Journey.  Awesome, awesome game.  As a suggestion, set aside 2-3 hours and play it through in one sitting front to end (very possible).

After that, I recommend Demon's Souls (if you've ever played Dark Souls, you may not like it but it's the game that started the franchise and definitely worth picking up just to try it out).

DigiTMPS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DigiTMPS3

I have Ico for free from joining PS+, looks interesting.

I played Dark Souls on PC and found myself yelling words of obscene language that made my own soul shrivel in shame :) Think I'll pass on Demon Souls since I feel a game isn't meant to make you totally angry and lose it.

Might pickup tomorrow these games and hope that tides me over till PS4 release. (knowing there will also be instant games each month as well)

Resistance 3
Journey Collection
God of War 1,2,3 or just Ascension (graphics look awesome on that one)

ahmadthegamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ahmadthegamer
Get god of war series , u dont have to get ascension get God of war saga
gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

The resistance games are cheap as can be.  I would also recommend going for Ratchet and Tools of Destruction and a crack in time.  I would also recommend the same for Sly Cooper.  Tales of Graces F and Ni No Kuni are also pretty fun.  3D Dot Game Heroes is also worth a mention.  Motorstorm is cool, but hard.  I would also say get Starhawk, but I am unsure how many people still play that game online. 

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#22 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

DigiTMPS3

Welcome to the Almighty Playstation Nation, beers in the fridge and the women aint sweaty. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

This should get you started with some variety.

As far as metal gear goes get this. It has every metal gear game on it (although be warned MGS1 is a downloadable of the origin playstation 1 version so it isnt pretty but still awesome). Peace walker, metal gear solid 1-4, the original 2 on the NES.

http://www.amazon.com/Metal-Gear-Solid-Collection-Playstation-3/dp/B00CTKHXFO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1373208741&sr=8-1&keywords=metal+gear+solid

Journey

http://www.amazon.com/Journey-Collectors-Playstation-3/dp/B008CP6RWU/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1373208767&sr=1-1&keywords=journey

Heavy rain

http://www.amazon.com/Heavy-Rain-Directors-Cut-sony-playstation3/dp/B005YR308S/ref=pd_bxgy_vg_img_z

The last of us

http://www.amazon.com/The-Last-Us-Playstation-3/dp/B007CM0K86/ref=pd_bxgy_vg_img_y

Uncharted 1 and 2

http://www.amazon.com/UNCHARTED-Greatest-Hits-Dual-sony-playstation3/dp/B0055202HE/ref=pd_sim_vg_5

ICO and shadow of colossus

http://www.amazon.com/The-Shadow-Colossus-Collection-Playstation-3/dp/B002I0J5FG/ref=pd_sim_vg_7

3d dot game heroes

http://www.amazon.com/3D-Dot-Game-Heroes-Playstation-3/dp/B002I0J45C/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1373208907&sr=1-1&keywords=3d+dot+game+heroes

Valkryia chronicles

http://www.amazon.com/Valkyria-Chronicles-Playstation-3/dp/B0016C3260/ref=pd_bxgy_vg_img_y

Ni no kuni

http://www.amazon.com/Ni-No-Kuni-Wrath-Playstation-3/dp/B007A7UJ4S/ref=pd_bxgy_vg_img_y

Tales of grace f

http://www.amazon.com/Tales-Graces-f-sony-playstation3/dp/B002I0K2J4/ref=pd_sim_vg_5

Dragons crown

http://www.amazon.com/Dragons-Crown-Playstation-3/dp/B007V9QKH0/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1373209023&sr=1-1&keywords=dragons+crown

Sly cooper collection

http://www.amazon.com/Dragons-Crown-Playstation-3/dp/B007V9QKH0/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1373209023&sr=1-1&keywords=dragons+crown

Ratchet and clank collection

http://www.amazon.com/Ratchet-Clank-Collection-Playstation-3/dp/B0050SXI6K/ref=pd_bxgy_vg_img_z

Jak and daxter collection

http://www.amazon.com/Ratchet-Clank-Collection-Playstation-3/dp/B0050SXI6K/ref=pd_bxgy_vg_img_z

God of war collection

http://www.amazon.com/God-War-Saga-Collection-Playstation-3/dp/B008CP6MA2/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1373209212&sr=1-2&keywords=god+of+war

Killzone trilogy

http://www.amazon.com/Killzone-Trilogy-Collection-Playstation-3/dp/B008PQU3E4/ref=pd_sim_vg_3

Infamous collection

http://www.amazon.com/inFAMOUS-Collection-Playstation-3/dp/B008CP6Q6M/ref=pd_sim_vg_2

And if you decide to get PS+ for 50 bucks a year youll get 18 games instantly and 5 new games a month. Julys games that get added to your account are battlefield 3, payday the heist, and saints row the third, plus 2 other vita games.

Avatar image for AbstractRadical
AbstractRadical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 AbstractRadical
Member since 2013 • 632 Posts
Welcome to the Sony family!
DigiTMPS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DigiTMPS3

Just picked up God of War Collection. It looks okay, however there must be something wrong with mine. It's like they have put work into the game but forgotten the cutscenes, they just look "old" compared to the game itself. Hard to describe. There isn't a setting I have to change?

munkeypoo45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#26 munkeypoo45
Member since 2008 • 3221 Posts

Just picked up God of War Collection. It looks okay, however there must be something wrong with mine. It's like they have put work into the game but forgotten the cutscenes, they just look "old" compared to the game itself. Hard to describe. There isn't a setting I have to change?

DigiTMPS3

well GOW1 and 2 are originally ps2 games so that's why they may seem "old". 

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

DigiTMPS3

Thats because those are older PS2 games that have been upgraded to look more modern. You cant really upgrade a cutscene without just completely going back and redoing all of them allover again. So they look older than the game itself because they are the original cutscenes as they were.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#28 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
i know these aren't exclusive and if you haven't tried them: Mass Effect Dragon Age Tomb Raider AC up until 3 Dirt 3 Hitman Absolution Little Big Planet
Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Geminon
Member since 2012 • 1177 Posts
you pretty much have to start the metal gear series with metal gear solid, or you wont understand squat. the series is extremely dependent on story.
DigiTMPS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DigiTMPS3

[QUOTE="DigiTMPS3"]

Gargus

Thats because those are older PS2 games that have been upgraded to look more modern. You cant really upgrade a cutscene without just completely going back and redoing all of them allover again. So they look older than the game itself because they are the original cutscenes as they were.

Didn't know that, thanks. Well in that case they did a pretty good job redoing the graphics in the gameplay then. I'm finding the game a bit hard, there's not as much hand holding that I'm used to with the later titles these days. Going to tone it down to easy I think.

ShermheadRyder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ShermheadRyder
Member since 2013 • 101 Posts

sukraj
You're now one of us.
Jakesta7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#33 Jakesta7
Member since 2007 • 2472 Posts

sukraj
Beat me to it.... I'm glad you are enjoying the games though, especially the exclusives. You should try ICO & the Resistance series (2nd & 3rd were my favorite, play all though). Maybe even some Gran Turismo if you like racing games, a new one comes out this holiday. But you can always get the 5th one for like 15 bucks.
Mar_Sama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Mar_Sama
Member since 2012 • 93 Posts

O man! How cool is that! you get to enjoy the adventure that some of us enjoyed in the past. I would give a lot to wipe my memories from the games and play them again as it would be the First time.
ACTION ADVENTURE:
-God Of War. Greatest AA game for the Sony Console Evah!
-Heavenly Sword. The only Woman that could kick Kratos's ass and then end up with him in bed.
-Brutal Legend. If you haven't played it on the Xbox, you can get this pot of gold on the PS3
PLATFORMERS:
-Ratchet & Clank. One of the most traditional and one of the longest Playstation series.
-Sly Cooper. Well not so great if you ask me, but who knows maybe you will like it.
-Little Big Planet. One of the few games that don't require violence to be a piece of genious gaming.
-Papo & Yo. A PSN title that is a mix of puzzle with adventure. Suck me into the magical world like a sponge sucks water in.
FPS:
The Darkness. A legend and way better than the second game. It might be somewhat complicated when it comes to navigation in the world of the game, but anything else is great.
RPG:
Folklore. Completely underestimated game that brings back memories of games like Jade Cocoon and Pokemon.
Demons Souls. The predecessor to the Dark Souls game, which by many is quoted as the better game. I didn't play it but some of my friends had and they say its clearly better than Dark Souls.
Persona Games. Lenghty and with a overwhelming social aspect but still anticipated and great. I would not pick it up personally as Persona 3 suck up so much of my time that i could complete 2 or even 3 middle long games in the same time.
RACING:
Gran Turismo 5. OH MY GOD! that's all i want to say. Remember though that it's not Forza and even though i love my PS3, i have to admit that Forza is better when it comes to offline content.
Motorstorm. For me the best Arcade racing game on the PS3 Focused on dirt and apocalyptic races. The RC version brought back memories of a game named Revold from the nineghty's.

There are many more games i could come up with but this is totally enough content for you to play on the PS3 so long that you could even end up overjumping the new generation entirely and going for the PS5 and Xbox Two xD jk.