help me find my new favorite game

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lonapoo2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 lonapoo2
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I am a casual gamer who enjoys exploring worlds and solving puzzles. I do not enjoy getting beaten up or having to fight for my life. I liked rain and two brothers from PSN. I enjoyed games like shivers and zork but haven't found games like that genre in newer games on PSN. I would like to find one I can buy and download straight from PS store. I thank you very much for any input.

Lhomity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Lhomity
Member since 2011 • 508 Posts

You might like:
Journey
Ico HD
Datura
The Unfinished Swan
Papo & Yo

I'd most recommend Journey, out of those. Pretty much one of the greatest games of all time, at least in my mind. While it doesn't have any of the puzzle solving you mentioned, it does offer plenty to explore and ponder. It's fairly short (about 2 hours), but is worth going back to time and time again. You can also get it in a bundle with Flow and Flower - which is money well spent, imo.

Trailer here.

If you've already played Journey, then you could check out Ico HD. There is some action in it, and some parts can be difficult, but It's predominantly about puzzle solving, exploring, and protecting a companion. It comes bundled with Shadow of the Colossus HD, or sold separately.

You may also like (though more action-oriented than the other list):
Beyond Good & Evil HD
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West
Alice: Madness Returns

Madness Returns is a sequel to American McGee's Alice, and is a good choice, though there is quite a bit of action in it, which might put you off. That said it's mostly about platforming and puzzle-solving, and exploring a twisted and corrupted version of Wonderland. The story and the characters are terrific. The game also includes American McGee's Alice via free online pass download. Alice is much less action-oriented than the sequel, but I should warn you, it's not a very good port from the original PC game, and the controls may take some getting used to. Madness Returns plays smooth as silk though.

You could also try any of ye olde Tomb Raider games, if you haven't already played them. If you're in Europe, there is currently a sale on some of the old TR games. Worth checking out.

locus-solus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By locus-solus
Member since 2013 • 1557 Posts

Okami HD review https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvhdEUKVYb8

agree with @Lhomity: Ico worth looking into and if you really don't enjoy challenging games you might want to skip Shadow of the Colossus great game but its definitely tougher than most games now days

if you do any PC gaming (dont need a gaming pc to run it) you might want to look into Antichamber very good pure puzzle game

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Right away Journey came to mind.

NMK_Games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 NMK_Games

Have you ever heard of inFamous? I have played 1 and 2 and they are both fantastic games! Second Son is also coming out very soon.

There is a choose your own adventure story line type and you can choose the way the story ends. I highly suggest you check them out!

Hope you thought this was helpful

lonapoo2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By lonapoo2

Hey thank you for the suggestions. You've given me many good ideas. I have checked out Journey and it does seem like a game I want to play...

yixingtpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By yixingtpot
Member since 2005 • 1484 Posts

get Deception Blood Ties it's coming out for PS3 and Vita, it's a sadistic game where you set traps to kill your pursuers. The older games allowed you to customize your traps with elemental properties like volt rock etc, lol it's a very addicting game if you get into it. It's sad the graphics are still lagging behind but the gameplay is unique and enjoyable. If you have a sick sense of humor you might like it.

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#8  Edited By ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

Explore worlds and solve puzzles. Darksiders 2 comes to mind. Darksiders 1 is really good too.

Both are very similar to Zelda.

RiKanKiDD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 RiKanKiDD
Member since 2007 • 1059 Posts

If you have a vita, get Walking Dead, Tearaway,Sly Cooper Thieves in time for Ps3 or Vita,

GuitarSmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GuitarSmash
Member since 2013 • 274 Posts

I know its not really a casual game, but I am loving the new Final Fantasy X | X-2 Hd Remaster.

The game starts off very easy and will guide you to learn the game's battle mechanics so you will have an idea later down the road of how to deal with enemies...

It has an amazing world and atmosphere, as well as some pretty likable characters.