Headphones for PS4. these are pretty good.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

suade907

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By suade907
Member since 2003 • 380 Posts

http://www.amazon.com/Turtle-Beach-Force-Gaming-Headset/dp/B006W41W7S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1390846572&sr=8-1&keywords=z11

I picked up mine when amazon had them in stock for $24.99

I bought a pair for my son and myself. The mic is always on I think, I'm not sure if the headphones that come with the ps4 are like that but if you make sure the mic is a few inches away from your mouth you won't hear breathing. They plug right into the controller and work very well. The mic audio is very very clear. Sound is very good as well. THe cord is also the perfect length for plugging into the controller.

These are good cheap headphones.

jukev2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By jukev2424
Member since 2013 • 269 Posts

what games have you used them in? Have you used them in COD and used it for chatting with teammates? I have been looking for headphones for my ps4 that aren't too expensive.

suade907

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 suade907

I use them with BF4. They work very well. The PS4 has a option where you can prioritize the chat over in game audio. I have not left it on this setting but I think it makes the chat channel louder than the in game audio or lowers the volume on the in game audio when you hear a chat. I just use the all audio over headphones setting and it works great for me. With these headphones you will hear background noise like my wife yelling in the background but if you play in a quiet room your friends will be very happy you are using these. The audio is very clear. Much better than what I've heard with the factory ear bud.

_Judas_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By _Judas_
Member since 2004 • 785 Posts

I feel the headphone-options on the PS4 are amazing! They give me the best experience, I feel. Regarding the mono-earbud that followed the system - these I do not approve of. Ok, so they work, but I can't stand only having sound on one ear, so I bought a new headset.

Basically, If you have a headset that features a phone-answer mechanism it will work with PS4, but the mic will always be on. When it comes to sound quality; this is for you to decide. Most headphones now come with one plug (combo mic and speaker-plug), and as long as your headphones have this, then your set to go.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts

For a cheap headset if you don't care about audio much, these should be fine. Its a much more logical purchase then the people who waste their money on Pulse Elites and PX4's.

suade907

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By suade907

The z11's also have a mute switch for the mic on the cord. The sound is very good overall as far as the in game audio goes. I was pleasantly surprised.