This topic is locked from further discussion.

TTBHG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 TTBHG
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I'm looking for a pair of headphones to use while traveling that will also work with my ps4. This takes gaming headphones out of the equation due to the mic booms on most of them.

Would you recommend something like Bose or Beats to accomplish what I need? I've looked around and gaming headphones and audiophile headphones are two very different monsters but I'm looking for something that will work satisfactorily in both tasks instead of having to buy two different sets.

Budget is probably $300 or so. I appreciate any help that is offered.

SerpentMage36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SerpentMage36
Member since 2014 • 43 Posts

Dont get Bose or Beats. Waste of money for nothing more than a hyped up brand name. Before I got a gaming headset, I used just some Skullcandy earbuds. I actually think the sound quality is better than the Turtle Beach headset I have now (although its their chaepest headset).

You could go to Target and get a nice set of Sony headphones for $40 that would sound just as good as anything Bose or Beats makes (and for 1/8 the cost). Also, if you wanted something that would function both for gaming and music, you could get a set of Sony Gold gaming headphones, which have a hidden mic.

Ive seen Target have other brands of over the ear headphones too but either way, dont spend more than $70 on them. Bose and Beats, especially Beats are nothing more than marketing.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@serpentmage36 said:

Dont get Bose or Beats. Waste of money for nothing more than a hyped up brand name. Before I got a gaming headset, I used just some Skullcandy earbuds. I actually think the sound quality is better than the Turtle Beach headset I have now (although its their chaepest headset).

You could go to Target and get a nice set of Sony headphones for $40 that would sound just as good as anything Bose or Beats makes (and for 1/8 the cost). Also, if you wanted something that would function both for gaming and music, you could get a set of Sony Gold gaming headphones, which have a hidden mic.

Ive seen Target have other brands of over the ear headphones too but either way, dont spend more than $70 on them. Bose and Beats, especially Beats are nothing more than marketing.

TC doesn't care about a stupid mic, and his budget is way above $70 lol.

http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATHOX7AMP-On-Ear-Headphones/dp/B00HZYAXMO/ref=sr_1_11?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1420144235&sr=1-11

Get those TC.

trav_have

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

#4 trav_have
Member since 2004 • 5712 Posts

@serpentmage36 said:

I definitely can't agree with you on $40 Sony's being the same as Bose or Beats. Beats I can't vouch for, because I had my go with those and they weren't any good.

I can highly recommend Bose though. I've had the IE2's for years and even the Freestyles I've had and both sound great. I also had a go with some Sennheisers and other ones. Bose IE2 are definitely my favourite especially because of the way they fit in your ear. They are very comfortable and don't fall out. These are only earbuds though and I haven't used the bigger headphones before.

I can easily agree with the post above as well, which suggests Audio-Technica. They are probably the best brand for headphones and earbuds. All of their stuff is high priced but it's for a reason.

Beats are such a high price because they spend so much money on advertising. Audio-Technica puts the quality over the ads.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

Bose are the best company for sound, people may moan at the price, and claim that it's all about the name, but Bose are one of the worlds leading sound guys around, there stuff is quality and until you've tried them properly your'll never know, nor should you claim there just selling on there name./

TTBHG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By TTBHG
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I appreciate the advice. I think I'll look at the Bose noise-cancelling first. I travel quite a bit for work and they would be great on the plane flights.

If they don't seem to work like I would need, I'll look at the audio technica that were linked. Thanks again.

SerpentMage36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SerpentMage36
Member since 2014 • 43 Posts

@trav_have said:

@serpentmage36 said:

I definitely can't agree with you on $40 Sony's being the same as Bose or Beats. Beats I can't vouch for, because I had my go with those and they weren't any good.

I can highly recommend Bose though. I've had the IE2's for years and even the Freestyles I've had and both sound great. I also had a go with some Sennheisers and other ones. Bose IE2 are definitely my favourite especially because of the way they fit in your ear. They are very comfortable and don't fall out. These are only earbuds though and I haven't used the bigger headphones before.

I can easily agree with the post above as well, which suggests Audio-Technica. They are probably the best brand for headphones and earbuds. All of their stuff is high priced but it's for a reason.

Beats are such a high price because they spend so much money on advertising. Audio-Technica puts the quality over the ads.

Bose thanks you for buying into the marketing.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@serpentmage36 said:

Bose thanks you for buying into the marketing.

We thank you for being deaf.