This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by hellshemi (908 posts) -
this might sound stupid but will i get the same quality picture with a hdmi to dvi connection? they are both digital right? i just got my ps3 yesterday and i'm going to bestbuy and wanted to get the best connection i could get. thanks in advance.
#2 Posted by kyleali11 (11816 posts) -
no i dont think so, hdmi is your best bet
#3 Posted by EricDWright (7 posts) -
You will not lose any signal converting to DVI. They are both digital and the conversion adapter will work for you just fine. I use one and it looks great.
#4 Posted by lonewolfx7 (182 posts) -
this might sound stupid but will i get the same quality picture with a hdmi to dvi connection? they are both digital right? i just got my ps3 yesterday and i'm going to bestbuy and wanted to get the best connection i could get. thanks in advance.hellshemi
EricDWright, Is Right.
#5 Posted by Thomasdeleo (1978 posts) -
I use hdmi to dvi and its the same thing except without the digital audio. Best bet, go buy one off monoprice for $5, at BestBuy they are $99
#6 Posted by trickysr (5 posts) -
hey im thinking about getting this 22" LCD monitor to hook up the DVI port on back to my HDMI port on my PS3.The video quality,is it like 1080p,i,720p,i or what?
#7 Posted by trickysr (5 posts) -
I use hdmi to dvi and its the same thing except without the digital audio. Best bet, go buy one off monoprice for $5, at BestBuy they are $99Thomasdeleo
#8 Posted by trickysr (5 posts) -
I use hdmi to dvi and its the same thing except without the digital audio. Best bet, go buy one off monoprice for $5, at BestBuy they are $99Thomasdeleo
#9 Posted by Dude543211 (2790 posts) -
hdmi and dvi are the same thing, dvi just doesn't carry sound.
no i dont think so, hdmi is your best betkyleali11
#10 Posted by trickysr (5 posts) -
yeah but the video quality,is it like watching 1080p,i,720p,i etc etc?
#11 Posted by trickysr (5 posts) -
so will it look like 1080p,i? 720p,i ?
#12 Posted by Gzus666 (2304 posts) -
yes, its the exact same as HDMI, only DVI wont carry sound. want more info? go to www.wikipedia.org and type them in
#13 Posted by Lazy_Boy88 (7418 posts) -
PS3 only outputs HDMI to HDCP compatible things. There are DVI HDCP compliant things but most monitors aren't.