Hdmi help switching to normal

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by rpgmadboy (1086 posts) -
Hi i set my ps3 on a HD tv with a HDMI lead and i want to switch it back to the normal leads because it is not working on my normal tv help!
#2 Posted by ramanav (75 posts) -
Hey that makes 2 of us.:(
#3 Posted by mcg1981 (19 posts) -
you need to go in to the settings menu with the hdmi in and change it back
#4 Posted by psyum (3268 posts) -

you need to go in to the settings menu with the hdmi in and change it backmcg1981

OR, turn your ps3 off, "with the little red light on", and then put your finger on the turn on mmm button?

anyways put your finger like if u were tryin to turn it on, `cept dont remove your finger till it turns off again, that`ll reset all the settings ;)

#5 Posted by americahellyeah (16548 posts) -

[QUOTE="mcg1981"]you need to go in to the settings menu with the hdmi in and change it backpsyum

OR, turn your ps3 off, "with the little red light on", and then put your finger on the turn on mmm button?

anyways put your finger like if u were tryin to turn it on, `cept dont remove your finger till it turns off again, that`ll reset all the settings ;)

you're close, but actually jut hold the power button down till it beeps for a second time, and the setting will be reset to 480i, composite output.

#6 Posted by thageneral3 (1929 posts) -
Yeah I used to do it manually every time i switched between TVs then I heard you hold down the power button for about 5 seconds and it will switch to whatever is connected
#7 Posted by WayneR10 (1 posts) -
hmm saved me there. I set up my one on a hdmi tv initially by my friend and when i came home to set it up i was only getting a blank screen. Didn't know you could reset like that thanks
#8 Posted by sevansoares (685 posts) -
[QUOTE="psyum"]

[QUOTE="mcg1981"]you need to go in to the settings menu with the hdmi in and change it backamericahellyeah

you're close, but actually jut hold the power button down till it beeps for a second time, and the setting will be reset to 480i, composite output.

What he said. Just wait for that second beep. Had to do it many times after formatting my HDD several times.

#9 Posted by kombiedude (1 posts) -
thanks for helping me my hdmi cables crap:P