have you ever bought one controller for yourself online?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

effimote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By effimote
Member since 2014 • 60 Posts

Hello,

I'm currently considering buying a playstaion 4 controller- a cheap one. The problem is I'm not sure if it will work good enough. The reason why I'm worried is because all those cheap ones (around 20-30 dollars) have the specifications from all online website.but i cannot tell if it can be okay without seeing it in person ,i seldomly bought from online store ,i don't know if i can buy it , i found one controller is good on kingsbuying, just got about 20 dollars ,any one can give me some tips on this or do you have more recommendations compare with the one i referred to above ?have you ever bought one controller for yourself online?

MikeHockbourns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MikeHockbourns
Member since 2014 • 754 Posts

@effimote said:

Hello,

I'm currently considering buying a playstaion 4 controller- a cheap one. The problem is I'm not sure if it will work good enough. The reason why I'm worried is because all those cheap ones (around 20-30 dollars) have the specifications from all online website.but i cannot tell if it can be okay without seeing it in person ,i seldomly bought from online store ,i don't know if i can buy it , i found one controller is good on kingsbuying, just got about 20 dollars ,any one can give me some tips on this or do you have more recommendations compare with the one i referred to above ?have you ever bought one controller for yourself online?

you know amazon had all the dual shock 4 controllers on sale over the weekend for $39.99. I picked one up. And they are the official ones. I think the sale ended though.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

"Generic" controllers ( I don´t mean brand controllers compatible with the console like Afterglow n´such ) end up being junk and you´ll end up paying more if you follow that route. Shop around and you can find a lot of good deals on controller prices.

jcopp72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 jcopp72
Member since 2007 • 5375 Posts

you are much better off buying the DS4 controller instead of buying a knock off.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

I would not recommend buying an offbrand controller.

effimote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 effimote
@jcopp72 said:

you are much better off buying the DS4 controller instead of buying a knock off.

yes .but official ps4 controller seems a little higher ,i got carelessness to break it very easily , that is why i get cheaper one .but yes you are right ,i will consider it again .

effimote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 effimote
@mikehockbourns said:

@effimote said:

Hello,

you know amazon had all the dual shock 4 controllers on sale over the weekend for $39.99. I picked one up. And they are the official ones. I think the sale ended though.

okay ,i will check it for myself .but the price is double than in kingsbuying.anyway , i need to do some more research on it . thanks for your help .

MikeHockbourns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MikeHockbourns
Member since 2014 • 754 Posts

@effimote said:
@mikehockbourns said:

@effimote said:

Hello,

okay ,i will check it for myself .but the price is double than in kingsbuying.anyway , i need to do some more research on it . thanks for your help .

dell.com has them for cheap. don't buy the bootleg brands get the official sony ones.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I don't buy generic controllers. There is way too many problems and made of shoddy material. They don't last a long time either. You end up buying more junky offbrand controllers in the long run and it's also an aggravating experience. It's ironic, you think you are saving money, but overtime you spend more replacing them.

If you don't like the official prices, buy them on sale by waiting. They happen to be on sale right now at Amazon, Dell, and other retailers for $20 off.

I learned not to buy generic controllers WAY back in the NES and SNES days. These days controllers are far more advanced, there is no way I'm getting knock off, bootleg crap on my new PS4/Xbone/Wii U.

In life, there are things you can buy cheap junky knockoffs, but I've learned time and time again that console controllers are not one of them. Do the next best thing and buy them on sale. Right now for instance.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/category.aspx?k=4+DualShock&c=us&category_id=8217&cs=19&l=en&nf=76830~0~1725145,211345~0~14084685&s=dhs&~ck=anav&navla=211345~0~14084685

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@MethodManFTW said:

I would not recommend buying an offbrand controller.

@jcopp72 said:

@raugutcon said:

"Generic" controllers end up being junk and you´ll end up paying more if you follow that route. Shop around and you can find a lot of good deals on controller prices.

mikehockbourns said:

@effimote said:

dell.com has them for cheap. don't buy the bootleg brands get the official sony ones.

Agreed.