Has MGS Portable Ops been fixed for Vita for North America yet?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

porkchopxp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 porkchopxp
Member since 2004 • 1181 Posts

Does anyone know if North American Vita Owners can play their copies of MGS Portable Ops yet? I know that Sony had allowed the PSP game to be transferred to Vitas for play in Europe but not here in the States. Have they fixed that yet or what? I'm kind of digging having all the games(excluding MGS 4 and the acid games) on one platform and on the go and I'm just looking to add to that with Portable Ops . . .

LongZhiZi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 LongZhiZi
Member since 2009 • 2453 Posts
Nope.
porkchopxp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 porkchopxp
Member since 2004 • 1181 Posts

Geeesh,why must SONY be so cagey with their releases? Their attempt to keep the PSP relevant is crippling the Vita. Gamers like me, that have clearly already purchased and play the game shouldn't be prevented from re-experiencing the game on the newer platform just because they hope that it might help move the last few PSPs out in the retail-wild. The game is nearly 4 years old for gimey's sake!!! While they're at it, they should unlock the Acid games as well and maybe bundle the 3 games for Metal Gear fans who only own a vita. $19.99 for those 3 games sounds resonable and I bet they would pull in decent sales considering the LACK of new Vita games out there right now!

LongZhiZi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LongZhiZi
Well, Sony can't control the pricing/bundle (that's Konami's job), but I don't know who's responsible for making it Vita compatible. My guess is Sony on that front. And believe me, I'm with you. I do own PO and wish it was on Vita, but the game I'm really irritated that isn't available is Phantasy Star Portable 2. It's rather ridiculous how slow they have been to add games to the Vita's store.
liquidrmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 liquidrmx
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
I brought portable ops thinking it would work for vita =(
IrishSJ23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 IrishSJ23
Member since 2004 • 1926 Posts

Any news?

LongZhiZi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LongZhiZi
No, I can't even tell you when the last time a PSP game was added to the PSN store for Vita.