GTA IV- Official Map and Controls

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by MC13114N (100 posts) -

http://www.gamespot.com/users/MC13114N/images

sorry if already posted but this is map is awesome!

#2 Posted by seany_lad (237 posts) -
OMG!!!! where did you find this? thats awesome
#3 Posted by getbent57 (183 posts) -
Thats awesome.
#4 Posted by The_Rick_14 (9945 posts) -
Maybe this will stop the worrying about map size. That looks huge.
#5 Posted by zeforgotten (3918 posts) -

I saw these (and more) pictures on Kotaku.

Edit: Where the hell did the rest of the post go?

Here we go again.

"But good thing you got them too, since most of the sites i've seen got the pictures deleted in a matter of minutes"

#6 Posted by rpgfreak15 (759 posts) -
Wow. Simply wow. The map looks enormous. Just about as big or even bigger than the San Andreas map i think.
#7 Posted by Sk8teOrDi3 (88 posts) -
good find...but can someone please read me the controls
#8 Posted by Vyse_Legends (9387 posts) -

OH YEAH! *does pelvic thrust*

This is gonna be even better than I had expected.:P

#9 Posted by hishkarnib (2625 posts) -
wow.
#10 Posted by The_Rick_14 (9945 posts) -

good find...but can someone please read me the controlsSk8teOrDi3

I tried to blow it up to make it more legible with no luck. Sorry.

#11 Posted by hishkarnib (2625 posts) -

FOOD STORES CONFIRMED !!!

if you take a look at the map picture, on the left theres a legend. If you read closely, two of the points are cluckinbell and burger shot.

Also, there's a store named clothing store, which means there won't be as much clothing as SA

#12 Posted by hishkarnib (2625 posts) -

FOOD STORES CONFIRMED !!!

if you take a look at the map picture, on the left theres a legend. If you read closely, two of the points are cluckinbell and burger shot.

Also, there's a store named clothing store, which means there won't be as much clothing as SA

#13 Posted by zeforgotten (3918 posts) -

Here's a better picture of the controller layouts On foot and in veichle

Edit: WEird, that was so much bigger when i edited it..

#14 Posted by MC13114N (100 posts) -

http://www.overclock.net/video-game-news/311415-kotaku-gta4-map-revealed-rumor.html

there are some better resolution pics here. i am so excited now! :D can't wait for april 29th!

#15 Posted by Vyse_Legends (9387 posts) -

if you take a look at the map picture, on the left theres a legend. If you read closely, two of the points are cluckinbell and burger shot.hishkarnib
Cock a doodle don it's time for chicken.:lol:

Damn that's great news to hear we get another cluckin bell.:D

#16 Posted by hishkarnib (2625 posts) -
also, pay N spray is in, iv'e heard many rumours that they removed it from the game
#17 Posted by MC13114N (100 posts) -

also, pay N spray is in, iv'e heard many rumours that they removed it from the gamehishkarnib

yeah i heard that too. on my newer link there is the subway layout as well.

#18 Posted by Sk8teOrDi3 (88 posts) -

zeforgotten

thanks a ton!...wow we got a reload button now!

#19 Posted by Vyse_Legends (9387 posts) -
[QUOTE="zeforgotten"]

Sk8teOrDi3

thanks a ton!...wow we got a reload button now!

Ahh I'm gonna miss switching weapons and then switching back and haveing them be magically reloaded.:(
#20 Posted by Quadrifoglio (5451 posts) -
Awesome!
#21 Posted by MC13114N (100 posts) -

It seems that rockstar discovered the pics on the internet and have asked many sites already to take down the map.

too late now because people around the world already have them saved on their own computers! :P

#22 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

i hope the game comes with a poster because i need a new wife on my wall

#23 Posted by zeforgotten (3918 posts) -

It seems that rockstar discovered the pics on the internet and have asked many sites already to take down the map.

too late now because people around the world already have them saved on their own computers! :P

MC13114N

They can try. But they will never stop us :P

#24 Posted by The_Rick_14 (9945 posts) -

also, pay N spray is in, iv'e heard many rumours that they removed it from the gamehishkarnib

I think the rumors were that pay-n-sprays no longer eliminated your wanted level, not that they wouldn't be in the game at all. They may just be for car customization this time around. Guess we'll see in about a month.

#25 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

good find...but can someone please read me the controlsSk8teOrDi3

i cant see my self iam saved to my pc so next time i gte on 360 i can see full screan much clearer then just zooming in

#26 Posted by Space_Lion (12856 posts) -
frakking SWEET!
#27 Posted by almahdi08 (91 posts) -
Could be fake, where is the poster in the back?
#28 Posted by The_Rick_14 (9945 posts) -
I just saw the Subway system photo. That's incredible that the whole city is linked via subway.
#29 Posted by MC13114N (100 posts) -

what is a Cabaret club? on the map there were the locations of a few.

#30 Posted by FroMZeRo2HeRO (720 posts) -
I can't wait to get this game and stroll around my borough.This game is gonna be HARDCORE!!
#31 Posted by zeforgotten (3918 posts) -
One thing I find rather funny about GTA4 is the fact that Liberty City is almost a 100% indentic version of New York.

What I wouldn't give to live in New York and be able to find my own house or apartment in GTAIV and go inside and say "That's not what my place looks like"
#32 Posted by MC13114N (100 posts) -

One thing I find rather funny about GTA4 is the fact that Liberty City is almost a 100% indentic version of New York.

What I wouldn't give to live in New York and be able to find my own house or apartment in GTAIV and go inside and say "That's not what my place looks like" zeforgotten

lol. and go into your house to see yourself sitting in front of a tv playing gta 4 :lol:

#33 Posted by zeforgotten (3918 posts) -

[QUOTE="zeforgotten"]One thing I find rather funny about GTA4 is the fact that Liberty City is almost a 100% indentic version of New York.

What I wouldn't give to live in New York and be able to find my own house or apartment in GTAIV and go inside and say "That's not what my place looks like" MC13114N

lol. and go into your house to see yourself sitting in front of a tv playing gta 4 :lol:

Haha :lol: Exactly

#34 Posted by The_Rick_14 (9945 posts) -
[QUOTE="MC13114N"]

[QUOTE="zeforgotten"]One thing I find rather funny about GTA4 is the fact that Liberty City is almost a 100% indentic version of New York.

What I wouldn't give to live in New York and be able to find my own house or apartment in GTAIV and go inside and say "That's not what my place looks like" zeforgotten

The question then becomes would you kill yourself and how? hahaha

#35 Posted by kaycon11 (442 posts) -
OMG guys, I am getting hard, I am getting hard!!!!! I cannot wait for this game, I already got it pre ordered and I can't wait to pick it up on the 29th, Holy shiat, I am pumped!!!!!!!!
#36 Posted by Generic_Dude (11707 posts) -

what is a Cabaret club? on the map there were the locations of a few.

MC13114N

It's like a nightclub, but there are actual physical entertainers up there... sometimes it's comedy, or song and dance, sometimes it's crazy drag queen stuff like you see down in some parts of Miami. It depends... it's a pretty broad term. Wikipedia has an article on it, I'm sure.

Anyway, this map looks really official... usually I'm skeptical of this kinda stuff, but this looks legit. Kudos to the people that sniffed this out.

#37 Posted by STANROY617 (10 posts) -
OMFG....the map is huge...WOW!!! I gues i won't be bored online after all. :)
#38 Posted by freham2001 (2719 posts) -

OMFG....the map is huge...WOW!!! I gues i won't be bored online after all. :)STANROY617

dude...it's been almost a month...how did you find this thread?

#39 Posted by Expo_Smacko (2332 posts) -
Very nice.
#40 Posted by avataraang1 (5436 posts) -
Wasnt this on Kotaku?
#41 Posted by Luxen90 (7427 posts) -
Target lock is still in GTA4? I wonder how it would work because I like to shoot on my own and stuff.
#42 Posted by Luxen90 (7427 posts) -
[QUOTE="zeforgotten"][QUOTE="MC13114N"]

What I wouldn't give to live in New York and be able to find my own house or apartment in GTAIV and go inside and say "That's not what my place looks like" The_Rick_14

The question then becomes would you kill yourself and how? hahaha

That would be funny.