This topic is locked from further discussion.

GTA_MGS_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 GTA_MGS_1
Member since 2008 • 524 Posts

Hey guys what do you think will happen in the future regarding single player gta games? so after reading interviews and how I understand it, Rockstar and kinda going off SP and focusing on MP, do you believe this to be the case? or was it just for GTA 5 to get online rolling? opinions?

Mike_K_2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Mike_K_2003
Member since 2003 • 569 Posts

I find it very hard to believe they would ever drop or move away from the SP portion of the franchise.

hyksiu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By hyksiu
Member since 2010 • 2201 Posts

I find it hard to believe either. I think they will continue to make incredible single player games. They are so large that they can basically have two teams working separately on the game.

ocphon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ocphon
Member since 2006 • 184 Posts

I wouldn't be surprised if the next GTA is MP only.

Dilrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Dilrod
Member since 2003 • 4257 Posts

Single player made this franchise, they won't abandon it.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

I'd be very surprised if they stripped away the single player experience from the GTA games. It's what makes them so epic in my opinion, and what made the franchise... as was already mentioned by @Dilrod.

gcfreak898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 gcfreak898
Member since 2003 • 2031 Posts

@GTA_MGS_1: single player will be around. But, the real question is where will gta6 be located at? Vice city, liberty city, or some place new. Hopefully, some place new like Chicago, Seattle, or Las Vegas.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

@gcfreak898 said:

@GTA_MGS_1: single player will be around. But, the real question is where will gta6 be located at? Vice city, liberty city, or some place new. Hopefully, some place new like Chicago, Seattle, or Las Vegas.

After playing Watch Dogs, I'd really like it to be located in Chicago, although Las Vegas sounds epic too.

ps3hdalltime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 ps3hdalltime
Member since 2012 • 427 Posts

Plz let GTA be single player as well as multiplayer

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf3bfcedc29b
deactivated-5cf3bfcedc29b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10 deactivated-5cf3bfcedc29b
Member since 2014 • 776 Posts

The GTA franchise was built with single player. Why would they give up on what made it famous?

amyh7292

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 amyh7292
Member since 2015 • 324 Posts

GTA online, while vast and amazing, lacks severely (if not entirely) in story. The balance of an amazing story mode and an ever-growing/changing online is what makes this game such a success. The good thing about this game is if you're a single player person, you have a huge game to enjoy and get your $60 worth and the opposite if you're an online kind of player. Better yet if, like most, you enjoyed both. They wouldn't be stupid enough to half ass the story mode. Yes online is great and addicting, but without the foundations of the story mode I highly doubt it would have taken off like it did.

Also consider that GTA V is almost two years old and was only just released on yet ANOTHER platform. By the time they even finished GTA VI in say 2-4 years, I highly highly doubt they would release anything other than an amazing all around game. Not saying it will necessarily trump 5 but I'm sure it'll at least be just as or close to as good, with many new features and improvements. A rumor is a rumor and they will start. Personally, I think it's pretty silly to think they would just do one or the other. Obviously they'll stick with what made 5 an enormous success and build off that. If not, they might as well just leave it at 5 and not ruin a good thing.

i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 i-rock-socks
Member since 2007 • 3826 Posts

I don't think that'll happen because that's stupid.

Exactly what interview led you to believe that gta6 won't include a single player

Habsrule31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Habsrule31
Member since 2012 • 115 Posts

Just like what others above me have said I don't think they would do that. Single Player is what built the GTA franchise.

The-Butcher248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 The-Butcher248
Member since 2012 • 466 Posts

Not to mention the Multiplayer , was extremely bugged. There is no reason Rockstar would move away from Single player. A lot of players don't like to play online/multiplayer. There is a old saying, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

jcopp72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 jcopp72
Member since 2007 • 5375 Posts

I hope that they don't go away from the Single Player, that's still my favorite part of any game.