This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Tacticity (421 posts) -

Rockstar has confirmed there combinig Liberty City, Vice City, And San Andreas together as one big game. The Mod is called GTA State Liberty. And the main goal is to have 50 citys in the single player.

So it looks like its gonna become big:Read Full Story >>

Even better news: PlayStation.Blog » New Rockstar Games Franchise Exclusive to the PS3

#2 Posted by daftdog (910 posts) -

Rockstar has confirmed there combinig Liberty City, Vice City, And San Andreas together as one big game. The Mod is called GTA State Liberty. And the main goal is to have 50 citys in the single player.

Tacticity

50 city's?! wow thats a long walk........

#3 Posted by Tacticity (421 posts) -
Yeah its a long walk, Imagine how the distance will be between each city. Its gonna be huge.
#4 Posted by supersnake930 (1510 posts) -
ill believe it when i see it.
#5 Posted by Tacticity (421 posts) -
Stop using that same word just because all other people do. Have some faith.
#6 Posted by navstar29 (4036 posts) -

what do they mean by mod? is this going to be an actual game, i dont understand ?

#7 Posted by supersnake930 (1510 posts) -

[QUOTE="Tacticity"]Stop using that same word just because all other people do. Have some faith.
[/QUOTE

uh... what word man?

#8 Posted by hxcpride (1135 posts) -
combine it all together?? HOLY GEEBUS!! we need a mini plane for the journey now!! im dissapointed in GTA4 cuz they dont have planes!!!
#9 Posted by The_Pig_Hostage (3702 posts) -
Um... I don't think this has anything to do with either Rockstar or GTA 5. It's some guy making a PC mod for the previous games...
#10 Posted by Tacticity (421 posts) -
Yes it gonna be a actual game. Dont let the word mod confuse you "Navstar" they always use it once in a while.
#11 Posted by nitsud_19 (2519 posts) -
Sounds like it will be for PC and with GTA3, Vice City and San Andreas, not the current Liberty City. It seems to just be mod. Boo-urns.
#12 Posted by Tacticity (421 posts) -
No it will only be for PS3.
#13 Posted by Flam3Thr0w3r (1222 posts) -

Haha! Dude, it's not GTA 5 or for the PS3 at all.

It's a mod for the PC GTA's.

I honestly can't believe that you thought this was GTA 5, if you had read it it's obivous that it's a PC Mod.

http://gtastateofliberty.com/

#14 Posted by kingdre (9456 posts) -
My brothers and I were talking about this a while back. It's worth a try. Who knows? Maybe in a few years we could be playing a game like this on our consoles.
#15 Posted by GARRYTH (6870 posts) -

I honestly can't believe that you thought this was GTA 5, if you had read it it's obivous that it's a PC Mod.

Flam3Thr0w3r
ya but just like unreal ps 3 are aloud to have mod's so im sure it will reach the ps 3 after the pc.
#16 Posted by Flam3Thr0w3r (1222 posts) -
[QUOTE="Flam3Thr0w3r"]

GARRYTH

ya but just like unreal ps 3 are aloud to have mod's so im sure it will reach the ps 3 after the pc.

Lmao! Dude, it's a mod for GTA San Andreas and Vice City.

There is no chance in hell that it will ever be released for the PS3.

It's not even being made by Rockstar, it's just being made by some random guy.

I will give you my PS3 plus all of my games if it ever comes to the PS3, ok?

#17 Posted by ash10692 (2310 posts) -
Looks fun. It's a PC mod though.
#18 Posted by moshakirby18 (1665 posts) -
ill believe it when i see it.supersnake930

Believe, you use it too much, BE MORE SKEPTICAL!

also, Tacticity aint so bright.....innit.
#19 Posted by GARRYTH (6870 posts) -
[QUOTE="GARRYTH"][QUOTE="Flam3Thr0w3r"]

Flam3Thr0w3r

were the mods in unrealmade by epic or random guys. if it come out good epic might take it and through it on the net as a patch you download to a cd or dvd and place it in your ps 3 hdd.

i also not saying that it 100% chance it is going. just saying it is possible

#20 Posted by Flam3Thr0w3r (1222 posts) -
[QUOTE="Flam3Thr0w3r"][QUOTE="GARRYTH"][QUOTE="Flam3Thr0w3r"]

GARRYTH

were the mods in unrealmade by epic or random guys. if it come out good epic might take it and through it on the net as a patch you download to a cd or dvd and place it in your ps 3 hdd.

i also not saying that it 100% chance it is going. just saying it is possible

Whatever you want to think man.

I know for a 100% fact that this will never happen.

#21 Posted by Tacticity (421 posts) -

It will happen. And moshak stop f#ucking calling me that. Your the one thats not so bright. If you saw sony's E3 2005 press confrence when they presented the unreal engine you should be smart innof to know that it is possible. Rockstar even confirmed GTA 5 is in production, and they truly wanted to make a GTA that you could only do on the PS3.

Here the confirm is you you can belive it or not.

PlayStation.Blog » New Rockstar Games Franchise Exclusive to the PS3
#22 Posted by michelle341 (734 posts) -

actualy I dont think that having 50 cities is really that great...I mean the distance between missions in diffrent areas will be huge..

also I hope that in gta5 they will remove the fact that the ai characters are just as strong as yours..I mean randomly attacking peds in a fist fight used to be fun in san andreas...now I have to be afraid of losing too much life or even dying..also when u attack someone many other people come and attack u...which in most cases means death unless u run away...really ruined the free roam

#23 Posted by Tacticity (421 posts) -
Thats the hole point with the huge open game. rockstar has said themselves that truly wanted to do a gta that could only be possible on the PS3. Soon the blueray will have up to 500 gb disc place, in the coming years. So dont tell me this isent possible.
#24 Posted by kb8618 (1363 posts) -

Even better news: PlayStation.Blog » New Rockstar Games Franchise Exclusive to the PS3

Tacticity
that doesnt sound like GTA 5 news, its just a team of ppl making a mod for Vice city and san andreas, if it was an official one form R* it wouldnt say they need someone that knows SCM, the new fanchise is LA Noire, and that was announced a year ago
#25 Posted by truenextgen (3911 posts) -
[QUOTE="Tacticity"]

daftdog

50 city's?! wow thats a long walk........

Remember in part 3 when you jetted to Vice city for one mission, not knowing that was the next city in the game franchise. Kinda cool.

#26 Posted by WR_Platinum (4667 posts) -
The first link was abouta mod for the pc version of gta, but the second link was nice to look at since it seems that the next GTA will be a PS3 exclusive and THAT means that the next GTA will not be limited like how GTA4 is because it went multiplat.
#27 Posted by SonyMarksman70 (1628 posts) -
That 50 cities bs is not a contract from RockStar, they are just modders/hackers for the pc versions.That has nothing to do with GTA5. As far a UT3 mods go, that's a feature you're allowed to use in the game so what are you guys ranting about?
#28 Posted by Blaiyze1 (975 posts) -

The first link was abouta mod for the pc version of gta, but the second link was nice to look at since it seems that the next GTA will be a PS3 exclusive and THAT means that the next GTA will not be limited like how GTA4 is because it went multiplat.WR_Platinum

^^^ This is basically the most truthful sentance in this thread.... other than the fact that this "stateofliberty" mod wont be coming to ps3. I think rockstar will make this new franchise alot like GTA but fact is they'll make it huge! They know how to work with the ps3 now and they are sure to make something that would never ever fit onto a single dvd9.

#29 Posted by The_Pig_Hostage (3702 posts) -

It will happen. And moshak stop f#ucking calling me that. Your the one thats not so bright. If you saw sony's E3 2005 press confrence when they presented the unreal engine you should be smart innof to know that it is possible. Rockstar even confirmed GTA 5 is in production, and they truly wanted to make a GTA that you could only do on the PS3.

PlayStation.Blog » New Rockstar Games Franchise Exclusive to the PS3Tacticity

They're talking about a NEW franchise, not GTA 5. And that other thing really is just an UNOFFICIAL PC mod for Vice City and San Andreas (of which there have already been plenty, with none of them ever making it to consoles... for obvious reasons). Your reading comprehension skills are truly terrible.

#32 Posted by Lobster_Ear (5431 posts) -

Wow.

First of all then next GTA will not be GTA 5 and I'm sick of people calling it that. It will be GTA 4 pt II.

Second of all, your first link is only a PC mod for the last-gen gta titles.

Last of all, the second link has NOTHING to do with GTA.

How can you be so ignorant? Stop denying it and accept that you were wrong.

#33 Posted by omarsh94 (224 posts) -

i think the next gta game will be GTA SAN ANDREAS STORIES because they made vice city stories and liberty city stories so why not making grand theft auto san andreas stories

#34 Posted by The_Pig_Hostage (3702 posts) -

Wow.

First of all then next GTA will not be GTA 5 and I'm sick of people calling it that. It will be the GTA 4 pt II.

Lobster_Ear

Exactly.

#35 Posted by Leon7J7 (738 posts) -
[QUOTE="Lobster_Ear"]

Wow.

First of all then next GTA will not be GTA 5 and I'm sick of people calling it that. It will be the GTA 4 pt II.

The_Pig_Hostage

Exactly.

Harsh...........but it's true...sorry.

#36 Posted by fnd461 (179 posts) -
Firstly, I think they should change the radio stations. Liberty Rock sucks major donkey balls..and most of the music...isn't that up to par with San Andreas and Vice City. The radio is what made GTA, they better go do something about it. Other than that, I like GTA IV as what it is right now.
#37 Posted by hardcore_nate (389 posts) -
ugh, NOT TRUE! pssh, not even the PS6 will be able to hole 50 citys on 1 disk. I thinks its almost impossible. my opinion though, hopefully they prove me wrong.....doubt it though :/
#38 Posted by guynamedbilly (12965 posts) -

PlayStation.Blog » New Rockstar Games Franchise Exclusive to the PS3Tacticity

Yea, that article is about a new franchise. As in, not GTA.

#39 Posted by franky_babylon (1117 posts) -
[QUOTE="Tacticity"]

PlayStation.Blog » New Rockstar Games Franchise Exclusive to the PS3The_Pig_Hostage

They're talking about a NEW franchise, not GTA 5. And that other thing really is just an UNOFFICIAL PC mod for Vice City and San Andreas (of which there have already been plenty, with none of them ever making it to consoles... for obvious reasons). Your reading comprehension skills are truly terrible.

Very true, I dont know if its the fanboy in them or what, Im just wondering where did people learn not to read and it makes me very afraid to leave the future in the hands of these children, this goes to show the next time a school asks for more money for books GIVE IT TO THEM.
#40 Posted by rockerlee (12 posts) -

I ALSO WANT THIS GAME VERY BAD , but you think 50 city on 1 game is gonna be 60 dollars?

WELL PUT THAT MONEY UP YOUR @55 cause it will cost more.

#41 Posted by Adziboy (10187 posts) -
[QUOTE="rockerlee"]

I ALSO WANT THIS GAME VERY BAD , but you think 50 city on 1 game is gonna be 60 dollars?

WELL PUT THAT MONEY UP YOUR @55 cause it will cost more.

OLD THREAD WHY YOU SPEAKING IN CAPS? Why go in this thread? It clearly says 2008.
#42 Posted by Knivez0r (1467 posts) -
Links not working :[
#43 Posted by goldeneye343 (154 posts) -

it would be like testdrive unlimited,

with out the nice cars though lol

but i doubt its true you know why ,

the 360 will need 3 discs , ,

there is no way this is true , because this was in 2008 , uits a mod for old games for pc

and 3

why on earth would you say its gta 5 when we past 5 along time ago lets see

gta

gta london 69

gta london 65

gta 2

gta 3

gta vc

gta sa

gta l cs

gta vcs

gta advance

gta cts

gta iv

how many gtas is that

that sure is more then 5

#44 Posted by Knivez0r (1467 posts) -

http://www.ukscifi.net/gtasol/

Uhh? PC Mod?

#45 Posted by dercoo (12555 posts) -

Quoted for truth

#47 Posted by GodofBigMacs (6440 posts) -
i was excited until I found out this thread is nearly a year and ah alf old.
#48 Posted by biscuits3 (538 posts) -

Please stop bumping old threads.

#49 Posted by Kane04 (2069 posts) -
wut this guy said
#50 Posted by nelson415 (1807 posts) -

Please stop bumping old threads.

biscuits3

I second that