gta 4 on psp(talkin bout port)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by cyber_jc (316 posts) -
so do you guys have any idea if there's a port comin out for the psp?man im like dying to get my hands on that game gta 4 but i dont have an xbox or a ps3 :(
#2 Posted by Evz0rz (4624 posts) -

I seriously doubt that it would be possible. This game is just way too big and dense. There are points where the game seems to bring the consoles to their knees. If they made it for the PSP it would probably be so different that the only thing it would have in common with the PS3/360 is the name of the game and that it is set in Liberty City.

It would be great to see R* make a GTA game that was built for PSP. Not like the "Stories" but a GTA with a city that is exclusive to the PSP and not just a remake of a console one. It would be awesome!

#3 Posted by cyber_jc (316 posts) -
totally agree with that. so im guessing there won't be soul calibur 4 and tekken 6 ports also? man i need money imma get myself an xbox.
#4 Posted by mthe1337one (2539 posts) -

totally agree with that. so im guessing there won't be soul calibur 4 and tekken 6 ports also? man i need money imma get myself an xbox.cyber_jc

yup you've pretty much hit the nail on the head. i don't even have the game, but enough has already been talked about it to know that GTA4 is too big of a game to work on PSP. maybe if R* made Liberty City 90% smaller than what exists in the console versions than it may be possible........

#5 Posted by Adel4 (153 posts) -
yeah man, the stories are pretty good but after that there weren't any more to offer. You know I think they should put Bully on the psp(the new addition), that would be great too, but aint going to happen any time soon
#6 Posted by Relys (4426 posts) -
We may see a Bully, or GTA: SA port. But GTAIV is pretty much out of the question even if they watered it down.
#7 Posted by famicommander (8524 posts) -
The game is too complicated in all facets to be ported to PSP. The controls, graphics, sound, size, scale, and online are all too much for the system.
#8 Posted by joeychew (4580 posts) -
lol...no port. But possibly GTA4 stories?
#9 Posted by karlgauci (5504 posts) -
I think they should make a new GTA game just for thePSP
#10 Posted by boybrushdred (1892 posts) -

so do you guys have any idea if there's a port comin out for the psp?man im like dying to get my hands on that game gta 4 but i dont have an xbox or a ps3 :(cyber_jc

most likely not gonna happen for psp. i dont have a x360 or ps3 too so im waiting for the pc version.

#11 Posted by Talldude80 (6321 posts) -

yeah, this topic is just rediculous. The fact that a PSP is just about as powerfull as a ps2 should tell u the answer. Did they make GTA IV for the ps2 or wii? NO, because the game requires a decent video card like a PS3 or Xbox360. They may eventually release the game for the PC (like many of the other GTA games). and a totally watered down, stripped game with "GTA IV" stamped on it would not count as a port. they only do that with Madden football games nowadays. Rockstar wasn't going to release this game on 5 consoles all on the same day.

IF they make another GTA game for the psp, i hope its either SA stories or something totally new. but really i am not holding my breath.

#12 Posted by cyber_jc (316 posts) -
awww man so im guessing that if they release this on the pc the specs required will still be too high for me to even play it. damn
#13 Posted by YohandZeke (141 posts) -

I seriously doubt that it would be possible. This game is just way too big and dense. There are points where the game seems to bring the consoles to their knees. If they made it for the PSP it would probably be so different that the only thing it would have in common with the PS3/360 is the name of the game and that it is set in Liberty City.

It would be great to see R* make a GTA game that was built for PSP. Not like the "Stories" but a GTA with a city that is exclusive to the PSP and not just a remake of a console one. It would be awesome!

Evz0rz

Yea I agree the game is just to big for the PSP. If they make a scaled down game it would be like GRAW and RB6 for the PSP they sucked. I would rather not have the game then have a bad version of it.

#14 Posted by onns (1 posts) -

wow dude my girlfriend is got gta 4 on psp :

#15 Posted by b3yondstupidity (12500 posts) -
Nah game is to big, they might make a similar one though with less stuff.
#16 Posted by naju890_963 (8954 posts) -

Evz0rz
You said it. the psp cant support that graphics. (what a bummer:() And its too long
#17 Posted by Death-X- (272 posts) -
Man, there is no GTA San Andreas for the PSP, would you think they will make a GTA4.
#18 Posted by nite_owl_ (35 posts) -
they could do gta london remake for psp but in 3d but that might be too much like gangs of london mabie remake the orignal gta or remake gta 2? in 3d of corse
#19 Posted by aznstyle11 (1125 posts) -
Hopefully a PSP in the future will have a Blu-Ray player and/or be PS2/3 controller like.
#20 Posted by jasopan (2360 posts) -
Maybe when psp2 comes out
#21 Posted by danyalsufyan (4 posts) -

hey watch this www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4HYRjLxiGU there is a gamplay of gta 4 on psp