Grand Turismo HD..

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ShawDowFX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 ShawDowFX
Member since 2003 • 4696 Posts
I find this game extremely boring. I know that this game is about "realistic" driving and crap. But seriously, the physics to this game really are bad. If i take a sharp turn, isn't a car suppose to flip over? If i hit a wall head on, isn't the butt of the car at least suppose to go up? Then here comes the damage...from all of their games, why can't they add damage to their cars?
SniperDH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 SniperDH
Member since 2006 • 31 Posts
I agree with this simulation driving just isnt that realistic in terms of damage and crashing but i guess if you are simulating real driving you wouldnt want to crash.
ShawDowFX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ShawDowFX
Member since 2003 • 4696 Posts
Why not? You have to be aware that if you Make a bad Turn you suffer the consequences.
SniperDH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SniperDH

That is also true and in the end Gran Turismo doesnt really push the video game driving world any farther into the future except for graphics.

steve_89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 steve_89
Member since 2006 • 790 Posts
the car companies wont let them add damage to their cars. its not that they wouldnt put it in.
SniperDH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SniperDH

That is also true and in the end Gran Turismo doesnt really push the video game driving world any farther into the future except for graphics.

SniperDH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SniperDH
Opps i posted twice. Sorry..
jlabadie88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 jlabadie88
Member since 2003 • 1985 Posts
the car companies wont let them add damage to their cars. its not that they wouldnt put it in.steve_89
That's what I thought but Project Gotham and Need for Speed has damage to cars. Even the Ferraris and Lamborghinis have damage.
SniperDH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SniperDH
Oh wait i forgot really nice looking cars dont get damage so you can stare at them longer.
Miguel16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Miguel16
Member since 2004 • 6065 Posts
Why not? You have to be aware that if you Make a bad Turn you suffer the consequences. ShawDowFX
stop crying...GT is probably the best sim, and damage is coming in GT5...the reason why is because the manufacturers didnt want their cars being crashed in the game
Miguel16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Miguel16
Member since 2004 • 6065 Posts
[QUOTE="steve_89"]the car companies wont let them add damage to their cars. its not that they wouldnt put it in.jlabadie88
That's what I thought but Project Gotham and Need for Speed has damage to cars. Even the Ferraris and Lamborghinis have damage.

NFS has mild damage its almost not even there...PGR and FORZA have damage...microsoft was probably able to pay the bucks to do this...sony and polyphony now think its time i guess to pay the bucks as well
negtegra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 negtegra
Member since 2006 • 695 Posts
If you've truely been playing Need For Speed for a long time you will remember a time in which NFS didn't have car damage, and when it was first introduced it was minor scratches and a broken windshield.  Car companies don't like seeing their cars looking all broken so they restrict how bad a car can look after crashes.
junk56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 junk56
Member since 2003 • 1748 Posts
the physics in this game are really good. However, the crash physics aren't focused in the game. See, if you are a good driver, you would never notice it but the phyiscs in this game are one of the best out of all racing sims. GTR being the other bettero ne.
_ODlN_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 _ODlN_
Member since 2006 • 873 Posts
[QUOTE="steve_89"]the car companies wont let them add damage to their cars. its not that they wouldnt put it in.jlabadie88

i think they need some sort of licence to add dmg to every car.....
Alpha2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Alpha2
Member since 2003 • 3203 Posts
Engineers spen their lives finding new ways to make sure cars resist the urge to flip unless you been hit by a bus or driv into an enbankment. So now there is no flipping over. Damage modeling is something they avoided anyway because of the difficulties in convinces a hundred different internationa car makers to accept the same levels of damage because none of them really want their cars appearing damaged in a game. the only time they do is when they're paid a lot of money and they have the final say over how damaged their cars look.
JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 JiveT
Member since 2005 • 8619 Posts
The physics in GT haven't changed since the PS1 version. There is nothing realistic about them at all.
aaron5829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 aaron5829
Member since 2004 • 1539 Posts
Erm, i would like to point out that, a normal car doesnt flip if you turn it too hard... you will probably spin out or not at all....Too much movies for you... It could flip though, but i'm not sure if your hands are fast enough to turn the steering wheel so fast to flip a car (in real life) ... well, common sense... i dont know physics... but GT is my all time favourite racing game.... if not my all time favourite game....
skyline_racer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 skyline_racer1
Member since 2004 • 2126 Posts
If you've been following, GT5 will have damage modeling (hopefully)

Kazunori Yamauchi said that the PS2 just was not capable of real time damage modeling, so it was implemented.  Now with the PS3, we might see damage modeling this time.  I'll look for link when he said this.
aaron5829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 aaron5829
Member since 2004 • 1539 Posts
Yup... i forgot where i read it, but they ALMOST promised a damage system... all up to the ps3 physics capability. I personally cant wait !
skyline_racer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 skyline_racer1
Member since 2004 • 2126 Posts
http://www.us.playstation.com/News/Editorials/36

Doesn't fully say damage modeling will be put in, but does say that they will be able to do things they couldn't do before via PS3.  3rd paragraph down.