Gran Turismo 6 will still have Standard cars without interiors.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ipumpmygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ipumpmygun
Member since 2007 • 456 Posts

http://www.teamvvv.com/en/news/comments/Gran-Turismo-6-will-still-have-Standard-cars-without-interiors

As you'll no doubt be more than aware of, Gran Turismo 6 was formally announced this week. But while many exciting developments were revealed, there were still a few questions that have been left unanswered - many of which were outlined in my GT6 expectations feature last week.

Chief among which was the Standard vs. Premium cars debate: we know that GT6 will sport 1200 cars, but will two thirds of them still be coated in horrid low-poly PS2 paint without interiors as in GT5? Fansite GTPlanet has managed to shed some new light on the subject in an interview with Kazunori Yamauchi from the SIlverstone event.

Unfortunately, the answer may not be what the majority of us were hoping for: "We wont be making all the Standard cars from GT5 into Premium models, and we wont make all of the GT5s Standard cars fully 'Premiumized,'" Yamauchi confirmed.

It's not all bad news, however. While not every car in GT6 will have a full interior, the contrast in quality and functionality between Standard and Premium models will be far less jarring: "Up until now, we used to categorize them as Standard and Premium because there were functional differences between them: some of the Standard models might not have tuning parts, or couldn't be used in Photo Mode.

That will all be cleared so every model can be used in Photo Mode, and every car can have parts fitted for it." Thankfully, the tatty textures seen in GT5's Standard cars are also being given a polish, but it remains to be seen how they stack up against the glorious gleaming Premium cars: "In terms of graphics quality, the bad quality Standard models weve updated so they look better."

All in all, it's not a perfect solution, and we're still unsure exactly what the proportion between Standard and Premium cars will be, but it's reassuring to learn that Polyphony have taken steps to address the issue. Let's just hope they haven't made the 70+ Nissan Skylines a priority when it comes to 'Premiumising' the Standard cars. It's also worth noting that some cars that were labelled as Standard in GT5 have already been given the Premium treatment in GT6 complete with full interiors - namely the Lamborghini Countach LP400 and Alpine A110 1600S. Here's hoping they finally took the time to upgrade the Bugatti Veyron, which made its GT debut in Gran Turismo PSP.

In my opinion, I think this is just going to be a more polished Gran Turismo 5 with a hand full of features. I could be wrong though. Anyway, I don't really care, I just want to race those cars :)

Addict187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Addict187
Member since 2008 • 1128 Posts

http://www.teamvvv.com/en/news/comments/Gran-Turismo-6-will-still-have-Standard-cars-without-interiors

As you'll no doubt be more than aware of, Gran Turismo 6 was formally announced this week. But while many exciting developments were revealed, there were still a few questions that have been left unanswered - many of which were outlined in my GT6 expectations feature last week.

Chief among which was the Standard vs. Premium cars debate: we know that GT6 will sport 1200 cars, but will two thirds of them still be coated in horrid low-poly PS2 paint without interiors as in GT5? Fansite GTPlanet has managed to shed some new light on the subject in an interview with Kazunori Yamauchi from the SIlverstone event.

Unfortunately, the answer may not be what the majority of us were hoping for: "We wont be making all the Standard cars from GT5 into Premium models, and we wont make all of the GT5s Standard cars fully 'Premiumized,'" Yamauchi confirmed.

It's not all bad news, however. While not every car in GT6 will have a full interior, the contrast in quality and functionality between Standard and Premium models will be far less jarring: "Up until now, we used to categorize them as Standard and Premium because there were functional differences between them: some of the Standard models might not have tuning parts, or couldn't be used in Photo Mode.

That will all be cleared so every model can be used in Photo Mode, and every car can have parts fitted for it." Thankfully, the tatty textures seen in GT5's Standard cars are also being given a polish, but it remains to be seen how they stack up against the glorious gleaming Premium cars: "In terms of graphics quality, the bad quality Standard models weve updated so they look better."

All in all, it's not a perfect solution, and we're still unsure exactly what the proportion between Standard and Premium cars will be, but it's reassuring to learn that Polyphony have taken steps to address the issue. Let's just hope they haven't made the 70+ Nissan Skylines a priority when it comes to 'Premiumising' the Standard cars. It's also worth noting that some cars that were labelled as Standard in GT5 have already been given the Premium treatment in GT6 complete with full interiors - namely the Lamborghini Countach LP400 and Alpine A110 1600S. Here's hoping they finally took the time to upgrade the Bugatti Veyron, which made its GT debut in Gran Turismo PSP.

In my opinion, I think this is just going to be a more polished Gran Turismo 5 with a hand full of features. I could be wrong though. Anyway, I don't really care, I just want to race those cars :)

ipumpmygun
I do not even know what to say other then my mind is blown. I would have thought by now they would stop half @$$ing GT but here we are
Djmaster214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Djmaster214
Member since 2005 • 3240 Posts

meh i dont really play in cockpit mode anyways sucks for the people that do tho i just want a wider varierty of cars man. Im not trying to sound like a troll but if thats your thing forza might be a better substitute , fantastic game.

Kravyn81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#4 Kravyn81
Member since 2005 • 9438 Posts
If that's what it's come to then I think it's time to cut back on the amount of cars. 1200? Seriously? Is it really necessary to have that many? I'd rather have less cars but all the same quality versus lots of cars with differing quality. It'll be interesting to see what Drive Club offers.
Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Justforvisit
Member since 2011 • 2660 Posts

I'm fine with it.

At least GT6 will let me play Offline and I'd most likely be able to resell / lend my game to other people :)

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#6 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

Polyphony Digital is one of the slower developers in the industry - it would take them a decade to make those 800 standard cars into premiums.  I certainly wasn't expecting them to do much with that.  They're fixing up some of the worst looking ones so they don't look so bad.

I don't know what they're doing with tracks, they say all tracks from GT5 will be included, which is 26 of them, plus 7 new ones for a total of 33, but what about those 4 DLC tracks for GT5?  Are they being counted as part of the "new" seven?  Because if they're not then the total should be 37.  I can't imagine any reason why they wouldn't include those 4 tracks, nor can I imagine any reason they wouldn't include them in the total if they are included.  If their 7 new tracks are actually 3 new tracks and the 4 DLC tracks from GT5, that will be absolutely pathetic.  I really hope that's not the case.

It looks like they've added a bit more body roll while cornering to the physics, so that should be a welcome addition.  Make is seem less like you're driving a block of wood.

idunnodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 idunnodude
Member since 2007 • 2287 Posts

ive always been curious about their method of actually choosing the cars. like sometimes u see the wierdest most useless cars in these games but then they won't have a car that u would expect them to have. like i dunno they'll have all those weird little cars with like 90hp that no one cares about, but they won't have a car like a bmw m6 or something that im sure lots of ppl would like to drive.