Got some PS4 games. Mini-review time!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#1 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

So as far as games goes, I'm still building up my library. However, I'd like to take this time to review some of the games I've managed to obtain for the PS4 so far.

Killzone: Shadow Fall - Graphically, this is one impressive piece. Everything looks downright beautiful. The gunplay is pretty damn solid, and the tactical feel of the environments is something I didn't expect in the Killzone franchise. Hopefully the story goes in a good direction, but given the series' track record with story, I'm not putting my hopes up. Just straight up excellent gunplay and interesting change of game feel will suffice for now.

Destiny - I upgraded from the PS3 version, and the difference shows in the graphics at least. Sharper textures and animations, as well as even better lighting. The gunplay is still excellent, as is the AI. The different modes are definitely still a great change of pace, and the Vault of Glass stands as one of my favorite and best designed levels in any shooter period. I definitely wanna see this game expand beyond what was given at launch, and I'm anticipating that growth big time. For now, this is a solid and fun game and a wonderful community experience that needs a bit of work.

The Last of Us Remastered - For my thoughts on the game overall, here is my review for the PS3 version. However, the update to 1080p, the increase in framerate, and the overall better lighting and character animations has given this game a brand new feel. The game just feels better when pushing a higher framerate, and I love that its basically the entire package all in one. If you missed out on this spectacular game on the PS3 and own a PS4, you owe it to yourself to buy it, as this is the best possible version of it that you can get.

Dust: An Elysian Tail - this is a fun game overall. The gameplay is simplistic, but satisfying when pulling off combos. The RPG elements feel a bit tacked-on, but don't really hinder the gameplay overall. The story is nice and simple, and its easy to follow. I only wish it were more of a challenge in terms of enemy threats, but I'd give this game a recommendation, especially since it's still free for PS+

P.T. - I know this is technically a demo, but it must be said: this is the single most terrifying game I've played since Silent Hill 2. The game is pure atmosphere, and really makes you feel uneasy as you walk through that freaky hallway searching for the puzzle pieces to unlock the trailer. Let it be known that Hideo Kojima is an ass for some of the shit he pulls with his puzzles, but I believe that makes him the perfect candidate for a horror game, in spite of my discontent with his MGS series.

Spelunky - randomly generated mines, danger around every corner, an adventurer who stumbled into it all, and it's up to you to navigate him through a relentless gauntlet. This game is brutal in its challenge, but it's also fun to play, especially when you buy those awesome powerups. I've yet to beat it, but I'm enjoying the challenge so far.