Got my Vita - Thanks for the help and advice!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

chefaday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 chefaday
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
I did pull the trigger and got the current Walking Dead bundle Vita. Got 8gb memory card, starter pack with case, etc, and subscribed to Plus. Stayed up too late setting it up and playing with it. Thanks so much for the advice. I'm glad I checked it out here before getting a 3DS or something! This thing is so amazing!
voljin1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 voljin1987
Member since 2012 • 1135 Posts
Congrats on your purchase... Personally IMO 3ds is every bit as good (if not better as the Vita.. ) If it hasnt been mentioned already dont get any games now.. just get a ps+ account and load up those free games :)
Djmaster214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Djmaster214
Member since 2005 • 3240 Posts

congrats man its an awesome handheld

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

nice 3ds diss :roll:

marinevetstl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 marinevetstl
Member since 2012 • 175 Posts

Dont buy games for it as noted.  With your PS+ there are always games ready to be downloaded.  I really dig my Vita, its awesome.

p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 p4s2p0
Member since 2010 • 4167 Posts
I haven't played COD or KZ before vita so I am addicted to those, cod for multiplayer and KZ for campaign. I gotta start playing the walking dead more often.
benleslie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 557

#7 benleslie5  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9174 Posts

Congrats on getting a PS Vita it is worth it in the end, I would recommend Persona 4 The Golden if you want a long game to play on your Vita. And good choice on getting The Walking Dead as well

Masenkoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#8 Masenkoe
Member since 2007 • 4897 Posts

If it hasnt been mentioned already dont get any games now..voljin1987

Disregard this and buy Persona 4 Golden

chefaday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 chefaday
LOL, totally joking about the 3ds, I'd love to have both. But the Vita is keeping me busy and keeps amazing me. Thanks for the advice about holding off buying games, because I'm just about ready to go on an out of control buying spree with all the amazing games on hand. I must not be much of a gamer, because there seems to be plenty of games. P4G does look interesting though. Regarding Plus, do the games change monthly? Does it change on your anniversary date or the 1st of the month? Its such an amazing deal. Hopefully I qualified for the $10 credit too.
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
Plus games do change each month. Usually the first Wednesday of each month (I think). I'll third Persona 4 Golden. Get that and say goodbye to your life. It's better than real life.
ManatuBeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ManatuBeard
Member since 2012 • 1121 Posts

Persona 4 Golden, Soul Sacrifice and Dragon's Crown (i know its on ps3 too, but it feels so good on the Vita!)(Guacamelee! too)

PSN+ will provide the rest! (until Tearaway comes out)

And if you loved and missed PS1 classics, the Vita is the best place to replay them. I just bought Crash 2, Spyro 2 and Medievil today and im loving replaying them on the Vita! (looks bad on a 50' tv, but cool on the Vita)

Steel_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Steel_God
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

LOL, totally joking about the 3ds, I'd love to have both. But the Vita is keeping me busy and keeps amazing me. Thanks for the advice about holding off buying games, because I'm just about ready to go on an out of control buying spree with all the amazing games on hand. I must not be much of a gamer, because there seems to be plenty of games. P4G does look interesting though. Regarding Plus, do the games change monthly? Does it change on your anniversary date or the 1st of the month? Its such an amazing deal. Hopefully I qualified for the $10 credit too. chefaday

Just to make sure you understand, you keep your PS+ games forever(You can't play them if you're not on PS+ but when you resign you can), the ones you can claim change each month, 2 each month. Hotline Miami and Sine mora are coming october, they tend to spread the swap outs throughout the month a couple weeks apart.

And desregard the not buying any games at all comment way above and buy Killzone mercs if you're into shooters, Soul sacrifice if you're interested in unique gameplay and optionally multiplayer rpgs, and P4G if you love single player only rpgs with a deep narrative.

voljin1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 voljin1987
Member since 2012 • 1135 Posts

[QUOTE="voljin1987"]If it hasnt been mentioned already dont get any games now..Masenkoe

Disregard this and buy Persona 4 Golden

actually disregard this guy.. persona 4 golden aint going anywhere.. the weekly free games on ps+ however are a different story
chefaday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 chefaday
Ok, I got P4G in a box. It was the same price as the download at Frys. Thanks for the heads up on a)not buying games, b)buying some must have games, and c) keeping my Plus acquired games as long as I'm subscribed. I have a new question, new thread. My other hobbies are suffering!
Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Welcome to the PSvita family. 

JustBoomer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 JustBoomer
Member since 2012 • 188 Posts

Congrat's and enjoy. ;)

TheTenth10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 TheTenth10
Member since 2006 • 3087 Posts

check Dynasty warriors and Hot shots golf for brailenss fun too (quite cheap used I believe)

ghstbstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#18 ghstbstr
Member since 2006 • 8790 Posts

@chefaday:

I got the same PS Vita bundle with The Walking Dead on layaway at Walmart. So I can't wait to get it and play it.

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

nice 3ds diss :roll:

not everybody is a fanboy. They're both great systems.