Good sandbox style games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Kanecena1 (5 posts) -
Ii have skyrim and oblivion and I don't want far cry 3
#2 Posted by sukraj (23176 posts) -

infamous 1 and 2

GTA 4

Read Dead Redemption.

#3 Posted by LordTrexGuy (480 posts) -

Dragon's Dogma, Assassin's Creed series, Dark Souls, Fallout 3 and New Vegas, Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning and Just Cause 2.

#4 Posted by Rattlesnake_8 (18414 posts) -
Not sure why you don't want to play Far Cry 3, its a great game. Check out infamous 1 & 2, GTA4, Red Dead Redemption, AC3, Red Faction: Guerrilla, Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas, Just Cause 2 and there are a bunch of others,
#5 Posted by kittensRjerks (3802 posts) -

Saints Row

#6 Posted by GamerChick2083 (481 posts) -

Sleeping Dogs (is that a sandbox style game?)

#7 Posted by porkchopxp (1157 posts) -

GamerChick2083

Yes and I second it as a recommenadtion. For a game that that'll really bend before it breaks, try Just Cause 2.

#8 Posted by Weenski (1078 posts) -
Infamous 1&2, Assassins Creed games. Burnout Paradise is an amazing sandbox game, a bit different to other genres.
#9 Posted by jcopp72 (5341 posts) -
The Saboteur Mafia 2
#10 Posted by Granny_Spanked (1326 posts) -

infamous 1 and 2

GTA 4

Read Dead Redemption.

sukraj

and Saints Row

#11 Posted by Ricardomz (2329 posts) -

GTA 4, Just Cause 2, Red Dead Redemption, Saints Row 3.

Oh and inFamous, Prototype.

#12 Posted by GamerChick2083 (481 posts) -

[QUOTE="GamerChick2083"]

porkchopxp

Yes and I second it as a recommenadtion. For a game that that'll really bend before it breaks, try Just Cause 2.

I LOVED Just Cause 2. Took me awhile to master using the grappling hook.

#13 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -
I just finished Assassin's Creed 2 a few days ago and loved it. Playing Brotherhood now and loving it as well. I hated the first one though. Both Infamous games are also good.
#14 Posted by CTR360 (7161 posts) -
RDR just cause2 saints row3 sleeping dogs fallout 3 fallout vegas infamous1&2 AC3
#15 Posted by sukraj (23176 posts) -

The Saboteur Mafia 2jcopp72

i wouldn't call mafia 2 an open world game.

#16 Posted by jordonj (1069 posts) -
All of the above. You really should go for Just Cause 2. It is one of my all time favorites of this generation. Far Cry 3 is not bad, but it is definitely not all that...I'm not sure if you would want it, but you might check out Borderlands (and maybe Borderlands 2). But then that's not going to be anything for you if you don't like shooters.
#17 Posted by LJN (12 posts) -
Fallout 3 and New Vegas, Saints Row 2 and 3, inFamous collection, Prototype 1 and 2, Batman: Arkham City, Ezio Trilogy and Assassin's Creed 3, Red Dead Redemption, Red Faction: Guerrilla and Armageddon, Mercenaries 2, Mafia 2, and for an older open world game, Jak and Daxter collection (Jak 2 and 3 are open world)
#18 Posted by LJN (12 posts) -
Almost forgot Darksiders 2.
#19 Posted by jcopp72 (5341 posts) -

[QUOTE="jcopp72"]The Saboteur Mafia 2sukraj

i wouldn't call mafia 2 an open world game.

what would you call a game that lets you free roam the map? its an open world game that locks you into the indoor missions.