Good open world RPG or adventure game?...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by frankmcma (163 posts) -

What is a good open world RPG for PSP? I have seen some RPG games but they are mostly very structured levels in-between cuts scenes. There is no roaming, just moving through a predetermined level. And also I'd like a game where I can save when I want, I prefer not to have check point saves or save only in certain areas or save at the level end.

Any ideas? I do like games like Oblivion and Fallout 3 on the consoles, wondered if there were any adventure games that were a little looser and not as structured, so you could blaze your own path.

Thanks

#2 Posted by faustoo26 (21 posts) -
honesty i don't think theres much like that look for psp but "legend of heroes 3: song of...something" (lol don't exactly remember the whole name) but that game is good i don't know if you've seen wild arms for the psp theres not really a lot of games for it though valkerie profile lenneth is a great rpg though
#3 Posted by hawk2416 (290 posts) -

Monster Hunter?

#4 Posted by lostcali8 (2548 posts) -

Valhalla Knights 2 for an RPG.

Gun: Showdown for an action game with RPG elements. Both are open world and a lot a fun. Don't be put off by Gamespot's review..

#5 Posted by gho5ty (363 posts) -

Dungeon siege great game and open max level you can get on it is 100

untold legends brother hood of blade is open but only 1 town

Phantasy star portable is great game as well

#6 Posted by Ulixes_III (290 posts) -
Dynasty Warriors : Strikeforce :D
#7 Posted by riou7 (10837 posts) -
Dynasty Warriors : Strikeforce :DUlixes_III
is that game rpg?
#8 Posted by siLVURcross (26106 posts) -
[QUOTE="Ulixes_III"]Dynasty Warriors : Strikeforce :Driou7
is that game rpg?

It kinda is. There's RPG elements mixed in with Dynasty Warriors.
#9 Posted by riou7 (10837 posts) -
[QUOTE="riou7"][QUOTE="Ulixes_III"]Dynasty Warriors : Strikeforce :DsiLVURcross
is that game rpg?

then i should try this one
#10 Posted by SoAmazingBaby (2792 posts) -
monster hunter :)
#11 Posted by PSPplayer988 (62 posts) -

[QUOTE="siLVURcross"][QUOTE="riou7"] is that game rpg?riou7

then i should try this one

that game is good but it is so hard

#12 Posted by FishSquared (773 posts) -
Monster Hunter, I'd go with freedom unite, or freedom 2. Brave Story.
#13 Posted by devl29 (1 posts) -

What is a good open world RPG for PSP? I have seen some RPG games but they are mostly very structured levels in-between cuts scenes. There is no roaming, just moving through a predetermined level. And also I'd like a game where I can save when I want, I prefer not to have check point saves or save only in certain areas or save at the level end.

Any ideas? I do like games like Oblivion and Fallout 3 on the consoles, wondered if there were any adventure games that were a little looser and not as structured, so you could blaze your own path.

Thanks

frankmcma
Elder Scrolls Travels:Oblivion is supposed to be coming out this year for the PSP, basically oblivion with some Items taken away, along with some quests, and possibly the horse riding feature. Lets pray to god There is a fallout:Ronto, for DS(just kidding , But that would be Amasing...) PS: if you have played the pitt DLC, one of the main antoagonists, mentions Ronto....TOronto... just putting that out there. EDIT: BTW, If anybody loves Naruto, ad wants to help create a naruto MMORPG, visit, www.forums.naruto-abunai.com, we are aiing for nextgen graphics, amasing AI,and more. Anybody with skills, such as 3d modeling, animations, 2d concept art, and more is welcome to join the team...aand if you dont have any skills like that ( like me), Just give helpfull ideas, tips and more, and aply for the ANBU team to beta test...oh and do piss of the admins!
#14 Posted by CharonEX (306 posts) -

I've never played it before, but Monster Hunter looks good. And it seems like an open world RPG/adventure game. I'd suggest that game.

#15 Posted by Ragnarok1051 (19952 posts) -

Brave Story and Tales of Eternia.