Good Open World Games for PS3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ps3gameplayer (236 posts) -

I love open world games and i would like more for my next game purchase,
I already have:

GTA IV
GTA Episodes From Liberty City
Saints Row 2
Saints Row The Third
Assassin's Creed
The Saboteur
Midnight Club Los Angeles
Burnout Paradise
Red Dead Repemtion
Mafia II
Dead Rising 2
Skatean
Tony Hawk Proving Ground
Just Cause 2

I know that is alot but i prefer to buy open world games because they last longer and have more replay value than linear games.

#2 Posted by finalserenade75 (2162 posts) -

InFamous, InFamous 2 and Skyrim.

#3 Posted by ps3gameplayer (236 posts) -

finalserenade75
I'm considering InFamous, have herd nothing but good things about it and it looks awesome. Skyrim is sold out everywhere near me.
#4 Posted by JackalJnr23 (844 posts) -
Borderlands. Personally one of my all time favourite open world games. It's basically an RPG 1st Person Shooter. You can enjoy it both Single Player and Co-Operatively (Split-Screen/Online) when it comes to the capaign.
#5 Posted by ristactionjakso (5795 posts) -

Nier.

#6 Posted by nightshade869 (3457 posts) -
How do you not have both inFAMOUS games already??? Go get them now!!!!
#7 Posted by Gxgear (10425 posts) -

Prince of Persia, Yakuza 3/4, Dead Rising 2, WRPGs (Deus Ex, Fallout 3, etc) are the ones that I can think of that hasn't already been mentioned.

Seal of approval on Borderlands.

#8 Posted by LoG-Sacrament (20397 posts) -

l.a. noire has an open world and its well worth a play through, but its hard to recommend it as an open world game in that the world is there to be a context like mafia ii rather than a playground like the GTA games.

fallout 3 is definitely a good grab. if you've played a bethesda game before then you pretty much know what to expect, but the world is portrayed particularly well.

#9 Posted by TomatoDragonPSN (531 posts) -
The "inFamous" series. Honestly, the best open world games I've played this generation.
#10 Posted by Sokol4ever (6305 posts) -
Definitely agree with Infamous 1,2. Skyrim, Oblivion, the rest of Assassins Creed series, Deus Ex HR.
#11 Posted by zekere (2509 posts) -

I also liked Two worlds 2 and Farcry2. I'd count Dark Souls as well.

#12 Posted by volume_three (2142 posts) -

The only three I can think of that have yet to be mentioned are Oblivion, Fallout: New Vegas and Dead Island.

Like others have mentioned, definitely Borderlands, especially if you're a fan of the FPS and RPG genres.

#13 Posted by metal_zombie (2288 posts) -
fallout new vegas is a good game
#14 Posted by JohnnyWPSP (1943 posts) -

Fallout 3 and New Vegas are games you should definetley check out. inFamous 2, AC2 and Skyrim are other great open-world games. But be warned about Skyrim: that game crashed on me 5 times during a 2 hour play session, i wouldn't buy it until that's fixed.

#15 Posted by ShadowsDemon (10169 posts) -
Dead Rising 2 :D
#16 Posted by Solid_Tango (8609 posts) -
[QUOTE="finalserenade75"]

ps3gameplayer
I'm considering InFamous, have herd nothing but good things about it and it looks awesome. Skyrim is sold out everywhere near me.

Infamous 1 is freaking awesome the 2nd is pretty good to but get the 1st one first. Skyrim is a mess for the ps3, i would get it for the pc if i were you.
#17 Posted by Warriorboy1990 (3813 posts) -
Fallout 3, inFamous 1 and 2, Skyrim.
#18 Posted by supergabe007 (26 posts) -

If you enjoyed the first Assassins Creed, I would recomend playing the rest of the games in the series. Other than that i would suggest the Elder Scroll games, and L.A. Noire.

#19 Posted by lensflare15 (6182 posts) -

Infamous, Fallout 3, Yakuza 4.

#20 Posted by unrealtron (3148 posts) -
Maybe AC 2, borderlands or skyrim.
#21 Posted by CTR360 (7168 posts) -
skyrim fallout 3 fallout vegas infamous infamous 2 yakuza yakuza 4 assasin revelation
#22 Posted by SplitExpletive (42 posts) -

Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare is great if you like the original... and zombies.

#23 Posted by ddlcpc (859 posts) -

Dark souls kind of...

#24 Posted by FriendlyFalcon (191 posts) -

the bethesda games (skyrim, fallout 3, daggerfall, etc.) are some of the most expansive open world games. if you never played a bethesda game before it can overwhelm you.

#25 Posted by ItsEvolution (2593 posts) -

Skyrim has been out for three months, how is it sold out? You must live in a pretty small town...

Anyway, once the 1.4 update finally hits, definitely go with Skyrim (when it becomes available).

#26 Posted by ps3gameplayer (236 posts) -

Skyrim has been out for three months, how is it sold out? You must live in a pretty small town...

Anyway, once the 1.4 update finally hits, definitely go with Skyrim (when it becomes available).

ItsEvolution
I don't live in a small town, The dude in the shop said it was sold out everwhere only on PS3, other versions were still in stock, that really suprissed me since i have herd about the lag problems
#27 Posted by Demonfail (228 posts) -
If you like the Assassin's Creed series, you could always go to check out 2 or Brotherhood. Also for open world, I would go Borderlands.
#28 Posted by tjricardo089 (7429 posts) -

The first two inFamous games. So underrated but so awesome.