Good airplane fighting games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by eo_the_shaman (1800 posts) -

i want to play some airplane shooters that take a little skill to play...im not sure but if im not mistaken most of the airplane shooters are WW II oriented? any suggestions would be nice

#2 Posted by SagaRain (602 posts) -

HAWX, I love that one. Tom clancys H.A.W.X, you can look up some gameplay videos.

#3 Posted by Large_Soda (8611 posts) -

I don't recall if the demo is on PSN or not, but I played IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey on the 360 and I thought it was pretty fun. It was kinda like Blazing Angels, but better. The game comes out on September 15.

#4 Posted by raven_squad (78438 posts) -
HAWX made me sick. Such a generic, uninspired game. Blazing Angels was pretty pathetic aswell. I haven't been able to check out IL-2 Sturmovik yet, but I would say thats your best bet until Namco decides to give us a freaking Ace Combat game.
#5 Posted by EPaul (9906 posts) -

The Dogfighting is Warhawk is amazing just expect to die alot

#6 Posted by Solid_Cipher (752 posts) -
IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds Of Prey, coming out Sept 15 of this year. Check out the gameplay, it looks incredible IMO
#7 Posted by Solid_Cipher (752 posts) -
HAWX made me sick. Such a generic, uninspired game. Blazing Angels was pretty pathetic aswell. I haven't been able to check out IL-2 Sturmovik yet, but I would say thats your best bet until Namco decides to give us a freaking Ace Combat game. raven_squad
its getting annoying how Namco STILL havent givin us an Ace Combat game...
#8 Posted by Nick3306 (2579 posts) -
HAWX
#9 Posted by jkhd831 (687 posts) -

Battlefield 1943 has planes, but it's not tht special.

#10 Posted by hazelnutman (9688 posts) -
To be honest, I don't think anything could even touch the Ace Combat series. My number one game I'd like to play on the 360 is Ace Combat 6.
#11 Posted by amsfm6 (2777 posts) -

When I first read the title of this thread my mind immediately went to Super Smash Bros and fighting on Fox Mcloud's jet. Then I realized what you meant.:lol:

#12 Posted by Zawiex (20 posts) -
idk HAWX is a good game but i cant get past the fact that when you fly low to the ground everything is pixelated! It just looks bad only random buildings show up and most are flat. but all of the features are great and the variety of planes is great. this is one of the best flight games ive played despite the graphics.
#13 Posted by psn8214 (14925 posts) -

There are no good flight games on the PS3, excluding Warhawk, which is a shooter.