This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Celtic_34 (1286 posts) -

Got a ps4 with killzone and nba 2k14. ive dloaded all the free stuff but not playing much fo it except resogun every so often. dc universe online is also ok and warframe but nothing special. Killzone and nba 2k14 are awesome games. I've played killzone to death though but still great fun. But repetitive at this point. I wish they did more with unlocks in multiplayer.

Sold my ps3 on ebay to help pay for it. Also ebaying my 360 and have gta v but i see no reason to go back and play old games at this point. The ps3 actually had more games i was playing.

So what to do with the ps4? I check the store every so often but no news as far as what's coming and when. Thought about trying battlefield or need for speed rivials but waiting for drive club and infamous.

Thing is killzone is totally underrated. Was thinking of giving knack a try.... I have path of exile off steam for free and played for a short bit but wasn't that impressed. Graphically games are so much better than diablo clones these days. The ps4 seems to have so much potential that way but where are the games? im paying for psn plus for what right now.

When are all the indie titles comng to psn plus?

#2 Posted by good_sk8er7 (4322 posts) -

Knack is actually pretty good and I love Battlefield. Might want to give ACIV a try too, I had a lot of fun with that.

We're getting Don't Starve for free in January. Not sure what will come after that or when.

Shouldn't have sold your PS3, launches always take awhile to get enough games.

#3 Posted by SoNin360 (5501 posts) -

It's been out for barely over a month, of course there aren't many games for it. Here is a list of upcoming announced games coming to the PS4. I don't know how complete the list is and if any of them are Indie games, but check it out anyway.

#4 Edited by sukraj (23032 posts) -

wait a few months ok boss.

#5 Posted by jasean79 (2375 posts) -

I feel your pain. I own KIllzone, AC 4, and Lego Marvel for the PS4. Just wrapped up AC 4 single player, looking to try MP, but it seems too much of the same like the last games, which I thought was too boring and slow paced for my taste. Will give the other two games a try this week, as I've only delved into them a little when I got the PS4 on launch day.

I downloaded Flowers over the weekend. And while it's not a very involved game, it offers (visually) a nice break from the other games. Been playing a little bit of the Pinball Arcade too. I'm anxious to see what awaits though...

#6 Posted by Celtic_34 (1286 posts) -

I was thinking of giving ac4 a go. That should fill a lot of time. I just dont want to spend a ton. there are already a ton of games i want coming this year. It's just hard to wait for them. There is a serious gap between now and the end of february unless i'm missing some indie titles.

I agree on not selling my ps3. But i got good money for it although probably should have waited a few months and finished the games i was playing and used psn off that. still have my 360 here though and havent plugged it in since i got the ps4. most games just look better on the ps4. not much but it's just better.

#7 Edited by Jaysonguy (37677 posts) -

You bought two games, there's more

Seriously, how stupid are you?

#8 Edited by Celtic_34 (1286 posts) -

@Jaysonguy said:

You bought two games, there's more

Seriously, how stupid are you?

why are people so rude on the internet? are you that miserable?

#9 Posted by bezza2011 (2548 posts) -

No offence but its been a month and we have over 20 games to play, why vent that your bored knowing full well this is how launches go by the end of 2014 your'll have plenty,

#10 Edited by Celtic_34 (1286 posts) -

I was more just looking for what else is worth it to play. I'm not really sure i anything is worth the full $60 since i have killzone and nba 2k. I could buy more games. That's basically what i was asking.

No offense but people are rude as hell on the internet and some of you need to stop that. It's really pathetic. 90 percent of you would not get that far in reality if you are that way.

#11 Edited by Jaysonguy (37677 posts) -

@Celtic_34 said:

@Jaysonguy said:

You bought two games, there's more

Seriously, how stupid are you?

why are people so rude on the internet? are you that miserable?

I'm not the one complaining to an open forum that I don't understand how to buy software

#12 Posted by DARKCHOAS (2079 posts) -

I think with all new systems you have to give them time to come out with truly great titles. I wouldn't have sold my PS3 just yet if I was you, but I know quite a few people that did this as well.

#13 Posted by commandokock (502 posts) -

im pretty bored with ps4 myself but i expected it to be like this for a while. thats why i kept my ps3. dont worry, the games will come

#14 Edited by marcheegsr (2832 posts) -

Give it time man. The ps4 hasn't even taken off yet in terms of games. Hell I have 6 games on ps4 right now and im more than satisfied at least till spring.

I kept my ps3 in case I get bored and I also have a lot of games to finish. So it helps keeping the ps4 feeling fresh by switching it up.

#15 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72255 posts) -

@Celtic_34 said:

Got a ps4 with killzone and nba 2k14. ive dloaded all the free stuff but not playing much fo it except resogun every so often. dc universe online is also ok and warframe but nothing special. Killzone and nba 2k14 are awesome games. I've played killzone to death though but still great fun. But repetitive at this point. I wish they did more with unlocks in multiplayer.

Sold my ps3 on ebay to help pay for it. Also ebaying my 360 and have gta v but i see no reason to go back and play old games at this point. The ps3 actually had more games i was playing.

So what to do with the ps4? I check the store every so often but no news as far as what's coming and when. Thought about trying battlefield or need for speed rivials but waiting for drive club and infamous.

Thing is killzone is totally underrated. Was thinking of giving knack a try.... I have path of exile off steam for free and played for a short bit but wasn't that impressed. Graphically games are so much better than diablo clones these days. The ps4 seems to have so much potential that way but where are the games? im paying for psn plus for what right now.

When are all the indie titles comng to psn plus?

There are more games coming in january and febuary. I am keeping my ps3 and 360 just for the sake of the games i have on them

#16 Edited by ewalthour (762 posts) -

@Celtic_34: you have nba 2k14 so get the most out multiple seasons that you can and try to win nba titles, play online and black top. I have madden, nba 2k14 and AC black flag. Trying to finish black flag so i can spend most of my time on nba and madden. I love my PS4 but I too am waiting for Drive club instead breaking down and getting need for speed. I figure the slow releases give me reason to finish ac black flag and playing a season of nba 2k14 and also at least finishing a season of madden before other great games come out.

I wanted watch dog but kind of turned off by the way they screwed with us then pulled the game at the last min. I don't believe for one second the game wasn't ready. I know because black flag is from the same company that they didn't want to lose money from either one of their games. You think watch dog couldn't come out march instead of june? I honestly don't even want to see or hear a damn thing about watch dog until it actually comes out.

I am looking forward to playing MGS pain prologue and hope its worth $30. I like what i see from second son but its not my type of game so i will probably pass on it. Drive club also screwed us but i actually believe that a sony game would have come out if they were ready. I don't mind them making Drive club as polish as possible and coming out in march vs june damn near 8 months late like watch dog claiming the game was so ready to come out. If you notice Black flag is milking people with these $10 add on like the freedom pack etc but i am not going to buy that stuff.

I am also looking forward to a great tennis game, MMA, star wars battlefront type game with flying in space thru meteor showers etc. I also want more games using the playroom and the camera in general. I would love another workout game like ea active 2.0 but using the camera but also constantly adding new workouts with weights and insanity/p90x style workouts. Of course i want the next uncharted and mad max. I like variety in genres of video games and not all shooters. I tried killzone on multiplayer with the trial version. The game looks great and the ps4 controller is a massive upgrade for 1st person shooters but i am tired of 1st person shooters. I love 3rd person shooter games with ,flying driving, great shooting sequences, horseback riding you name it with of course a great story just like Uncharted and MGS phantom pain.

#17 Posted by RiKanKiDD (1058 posts) -

Here is a good one. Make some friends and go out more often until March and April.

#18 Edited by GeminonTraveler (155 posts) -

@Jaysonguy said:

@Celtic_34 said:

@Jaysonguy said:

You bought two games, there's more

Seriously, how stupid are you?

why are people so rude on the internet? are you that miserable?

I'm not the one complaining to an open forum that I don't understand how to buy software

no, you are just the one being a complete asshole for no reason. feel better?

#19 Posted by GeminonTraveler (155 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Celtic_34 said:

Got a ps4 with killzone and nba 2k14. ive dloaded all the free stuff but not playing much fo it except resogun every so often. dc universe online is also ok and warframe but nothing special. Killzone and nba 2k14 are awesome games. I've played killzone to death though but still great fun. But repetitive at this point. I wish they did more with unlocks in multiplayer.

Sold my ps3 on ebay to help pay for it. Also ebaying my 360 and have gta v but i see no reason to go back and play old games at this point. The ps3 actually had more games i was playing.

So what to do with the ps4? I check the store every so often but no news as far as what's coming and when. Thought about trying battlefield or need for speed rivials but waiting for drive club and infamous.

Thing is killzone is totally underrated. Was thinking of giving knack a try.... I have path of exile off steam for free and played for a short bit but wasn't that impressed. Graphically games are so much better than diablo clones these days. The ps4 seems to have so much potential that way but where are the games? im paying for psn plus for what right now.

When are all the indie titles comng to psn plus?

There are more games coming in january and febuary. I am keeping my ps3 and 360 just for the sake of the games i have on them

not for the PS4 there isnt....

the next game to come out for PS4 is driveclub and that is set for a tentative end of february.... most likely early march release. and then after that it is second son.

#20 Edited by The_Last_Ride (72255 posts) -

@geminontraveler said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Celtic_34 said:

Got a ps4 with killzone and nba 2k14. ive dloaded all the free stuff but not playing much fo it except resogun every so often. dc universe online is also ok and warframe but nothing special. Killzone and nba 2k14 are awesome games. I've played killzone to death though but still great fun. But repetitive at this point. I wish they did more with unlocks in multiplayer.

Sold my ps3 on ebay to help pay for it. Also ebaying my 360 and have gta v but i see no reason to go back and play old games at this point. The ps3 actually had more games i was playing.

So what to do with the ps4? I check the store every so often but no news as far as what's coming and when. Thought about trying battlefield or need for speed rivials but waiting for drive club and infamous.

Thing is killzone is totally underrated. Was thinking of giving knack a try.... I have path of exile off steam for free and played for a short bit but wasn't that impressed. Graphically games are so much better than diablo clones these days. The ps4 seems to have so much potential that way but where are the games? im paying for psn plus for what right now.

When are all the indie titles comng to psn plus?

There are more games coming in january and febuary. I am keeping my ps3 and 360 just for the sake of the games i have on them

not for the PS4 there isnt....

the next game to come out for PS4 is driveclub and that is set for a tentative end of february.... most likely early march release. and then after that it is second son.

Tomb Raider Definitive Version, Thief, Rayman Legends. That's more than 1 and more coming

http://www.ign.com/games/upcoming/ps4

#21 Posted by ankor77 (984 posts) -

I have rayman on PC, thats a definite must buy. Game is great.

#22 Posted by ristactionjakso (5730 posts) -

Try out Injustice and Trine 2: The complete Story. Both games are worth your money.

#23 Edited by kungfool69 (2580 posts) -

ya know, i have 14 games since day one on my Wii U. U should try that. Knack is boring compared to ANYTHING on my Wii U

#24 Posted by GeminonTraveler (155 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@geminontraveler said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Celtic_34 said:

Got a ps4 with killzone and nba 2k14. ive dloaded all the free stuff but not playing much fo it except resogun every so often. dc universe online is also ok and warframe but nothing special. Killzone and nba 2k14 are awesome games. I've played killzone to death though but still great fun. But repetitive at this point. I wish they did more with unlocks in multiplayer.

Sold my ps3 on ebay to help pay for it. Also ebaying my 360 and have gta v but i see no reason to go back and play old games at this point. The ps3 actually had more games i was playing.

So what to do with the ps4? I check the store every so often but no news as far as what's coming and when. Thought about trying battlefield or need for speed rivials but waiting for drive club and infamous.

Thing is killzone is totally underrated. Was thinking of giving knack a try.... I have path of exile off steam for free and played for a short bit but wasn't that impressed. Graphically games are so much better than diablo clones these days. The ps4 seems to have so much potential that way but where are the games? im paying for psn plus for what right now.

When are all the indie titles comng to psn plus?

There are more games coming in january and febuary. I am keeping my ps3 and 360 just for the sake of the games i have on them

not for the PS4 there isnt....

the next game to come out for PS4 is driveclub and that is set for a tentative end of february.... most likely early march release. and then after that it is second son.

Tomb Raider Definitive Version, Thief, Rayman Legends. That's more than 1 and more coming

http://www.ign.com/games/upcoming/ps4

old game, doesnt come out until the very end of february, old game.....

*sigh* why are people defending the lack of games? both MS and sony should have known after all these years that a handful of games at launch would not tide people over for 6 months... there has got to be a way to better inform devs of the potential specs for a new system at an earlier stage so that more games can be ready for launch. i cant believe that after 4 systems sony still hasnt been able to solve that riddle. neither has nintendo for that matter, after like 6 or so systems?

#25 Edited by murstdurst (303 posts) -

@geminontraveler said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@geminontraveler said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Celtic_34 said:

Got a ps4 with killzone and nba 2k14. ive dloaded all the free stuff but not playing much fo it except resogun every so often. dc universe online is also ok and warframe but nothing special. Killzone and nba 2k14 are awesome games. I've played killzone to death though but still great fun. But repetitive at this point. I wish they did more with unlocks in multiplayer.

Sold my ps3 on ebay to help pay for it. Also ebaying my 360 and have gta v but i see no reason to go back and play old games at this point. The ps3 actually had more games i was playing.

So what to do with the ps4? I check the store every so often but no news as far as what's coming and when. Thought about trying battlefield or need for speed rivials but waiting for drive club and infamous.

Thing is killzone is totally underrated. Was thinking of giving knack a try.... I have path of exile off steam for free and played for a short bit but wasn't that impressed. Graphically games are so much better than diablo clones these days. The ps4 seems to have so much potential that way but where are the games? im paying for psn plus for what right now.

When are all the indie titles comng to psn plus?

There are more games coming in january and febuary. I am keeping my ps3 and 360 just for the sake of the games i have on them

not for the PS4 there isnt....

the next game to come out for PS4 is driveclub and that is set for a tentative end of february.... most likely early march release. and then after that it is second son.

Tomb Raider Definitive Version, Thief, Rayman Legends. That's more than 1 and more coming

http://www.ign.com/games/upcoming/ps4

old game, doesnt come out until the very end of february, old game.....

*sigh* why are people defending the lack of games? both MS and sony should have known after all these years that a handful of games at launch would not tide people over for 6 months... there has got to be a way to better inform devs of the potential specs for a new system at an earlier stage so that more games can be ready for launch. i cant believe that after 4 systems sony still hasnt been able to solve that riddle. neither has nintendo for that matter, after like 6 or so systems?

They are not defending it, they are just telling you how it is and has been for a long time. It's not about solving a riddle, it's developers who has to decide if they want to work on a game for the next gen and maybe rush it because it has to be ready for launch (and that's mostly because of people like you) or make a more complete game for current gen. When a new console launches, most developers are making a game for launch, meaning that it has to be ready for the release day (sometimes titles get pushed back, simple because they aren't ready for launch at all), so most of the games come out on release day which in turn makes for a dry period and that is really logical if you ask me.

But maybe you would rather have less games for launch day and then have a couple of games release each month for the first 2-4 months? The end result will be much the same, just with less choices for people at launch and people are already saying that there isn't enough games for launch... so no matter what, you people need a more realistic view on lanch games/titles.

They're should be plenty of games for you to enjoy and if not, you have a unrealistic view on gaming imho.

#26 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72255 posts) -

@geminontraveler said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@geminontraveler said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Celtic_34 said:

Got a ps4 with killzone and nba 2k14. ive dloaded all the free stuff but not playing much fo it except resogun every so often. dc universe online is also ok and warframe but nothing special. Killzone and nba 2k14 are awesome games. I've played killzone to death though but still great fun. But repetitive at this point. I wish they did more with unlocks in multiplayer.

Sold my ps3 on ebay to help pay for it. Also ebaying my 360 and have gta v but i see no reason to go back and play old games at this point. The ps3 actually had more games i was playing.

So what to do with the ps4? I check the store every so often but no news as far as what's coming and when. Thought about trying battlefield or need for speed rivials but waiting for drive club and infamous.

Thing is killzone is totally underrated. Was thinking of giving knack a try.... I have path of exile off steam for free and played for a short bit but wasn't that impressed. Graphically games are so much better than diablo clones these days. The ps4 seems to have so much potential that way but where are the games? im paying for psn plus for what right now.

When are all the indie titles comng to psn plus?

There are more games coming in january and febuary. I am keeping my ps3 and 360 just for the sake of the games i have on them

not for the PS4 there isnt....

the next game to come out for PS4 is driveclub and that is set for a tentative end of february.... most likely early march release. and then after that it is second son.

Tomb Raider Definitive Version, Thief, Rayman Legends. That's more than 1 and more coming

http://www.ign.com/games/upcoming/ps4

old game, doesnt come out until the very end of february, old game.....

*sigh* why are people defending the lack of games? both MS and sony should have known after all these years that a handful of games at launch would not tide people over for 6 months... there has got to be a way to better inform devs of the potential specs for a new system at an earlier stage so that more games can be ready for launch. i cant believe that after 4 systems sony still hasnt been able to solve that riddle. neither has nintendo for that matter, after like 6 or so systems?

You should expect that in the first months that a console won't have a big library, it takes years to build up a library. Look at Wii U and even at last gens. Hell N64 only had two games for months after launch. So no, we are spoiled compared to earlier generations

#27 Edited by Celtic_34 (1286 posts) -

@ewalthour said:

@Celtic_34: you have nba 2k14 so get the most out multiple seasons that you can and try to win nba titles, play online and black top. I have madden, nba 2k14 and AC black flag. Trying to finish black flag so i can spend most of my time on nba and madden. I love my PS4 but I too am waiting for Drive club instead breaking down and getting need for speed. I figure the slow releases give me reason to finish ac black flag and playing a season of nba 2k14 and also at least finishing a season of madden before other great games come out.

I wanted watch dog but kind of turned off by the way they screwed with us then pulled the game at the last min. I don't believe for one second the game wasn't ready. I know because black flag is from the same company that they didn't want to lose money from either one of their games. You think watch dog couldn't come out march instead of june? I honestly don't even want to see or hear a damn thing about watch dog until it actually comes out.

I am looking forward to playing MGS pain prologue and hope its worth $30. I like what i see from second son but its not my type of game so i will probably pass on it. Drive club also screwed us but i actually believe that a sony game would have come out if they were ready. I don't mind them making Drive club as polish as possible and coming out in march vs june damn near 8 months late like watch dog claiming the game was so ready to come out. If you notice Black flag is milking people with these $10 add on like the freedom pack etc but i am not going to buy that stuff.

I am also looking forward to a great tennis game, MMA, star wars battlefront type game with flying in space thru meteor showers etc. I also want more games using the playroom and the camera in general. I would love another workout game like ea active 2.0 but using the camera but also constantly adding new workouts with weights and insanity/p90x style workouts. Of course i want the next uncharted and mad max. I like variety in genres of video games and not all shooters. I tried killzone on multiplayer with the trial version. The game looks great and the ps4 controller is a massive upgrade for 1st person shooters but i am tired of 1st person shooters. I love 3rd person shooter games with ,flying driving, great shooting sequences, horseback riding you name it with of course a great story just like Uncharted and MGS phantom pain.

games i'm waiting for are elder scrolls online, drive club, infamous, thief, watch dogs, the order, mlb the show. Plus Indie's. There are a ton of games coming this year and only have so much to spend. They haven't really released any release dates on a lot of the indie games. Killzone is a great game and very underreated. Having fun with nba 2k but would be nice to have another game in there to play. I just don't get the feeling ac4 and nfs are that next gen. Killzone looks great and NBA 2k they really stepped up the visuals as well. I guess i just have to wait.

I'm feeling like i got the right 2 games at launch and didnt waste any money. i could try knack and some of these other games but it feels like a waste of money. I wish there were more interesting indie titles out right now or a good strategy game or something. I tried playing path of exile ont he pc to kill some time between now and then but couldnt get into it overly. The graphics just seem outdated playing a diablo clone where we are past that at this point. Elder Scrolls online is the online game i'm waiting for.

Plus destiny and uncharted. There are too many games coming. I wish they released drive club and watch dogs now.

#28 Posted by Undue_Influence (46 posts) -

@Celtic_34: With the new launch I think it depends on how you like to game on how much it will keep you entertained. When I played the NBA 2K series it was fun doing manager mode, change the season to 27 or 29 games and before transfer deadline would move my number 1 pick for a team coming near the bottom so i would normally get a top 5 pick. It was fun to try and build a strong team and also pick up someone with a lot of topside in the draft and watch them develop into an all star, but i like the idea of building a team, which takes several seasons to complete. And since i was picking a missing piece to my team i.e. needed a good small forward, when I picked one high in the draft i felt invested to develop them into one of the best in the league. In the first season they were on the bench as a 6 man and was not until end of yr 2 or 3 they became my starting SF.

Being a huge soccer fan I love Fifa and every year i will start with liverpool, play with them and rebuild the squad, then have too many great players to where it doesn't feel like liverpool so i start a new career with a low division club with the aim to get to the champions league and win the league and that takes a long time, so if you enjoy football this is something to potentially do and if you don't sim matches there is hours upon hours of play in this.

That, AC or online battlefield should be able to hold you over until next year until more releases start happening. There is a lot to do if you like sports or FPS. Unfortunately if it is racing, the indie scene or rpg there is a gap at the moment.

#29 Edited by Jaysonguy (37677 posts) -

@geminontraveler said:

@Jaysonguy said:

@Celtic_34 said:

@Jaysonguy said:

You bought two games, there's more

Seriously, how stupid are you?

why are people so rude on the internet? are you that miserable?

I'm not the one complaining to an open forum that I don't understand how to buy software

no, you are just the one being a complete asshole for no reason. feel better?

I'm not, I'm the saying that there's still software out there for him to buy.

All he did was come in here and whine that there's nothing to play. At best he doesn't care, at worst he's a simpleton.

He's what's wrong in the world. Instead of people doing research and then taking care of their problems afterward they just lay down and cry, and you're encouraging him for whatever reason.

#30 Edited by GeminonTraveler (155 posts) -

@Jaysonguy said:

@geminontraveler said:

@Jaysonguy said:

@Celtic_34 said:

@Jaysonguy said:

You bought two games, there's more

Seriously, how stupid are you?

why are people so rude on the internet? are you that miserable?

I'm not the one complaining to an open forum that I don't understand how to buy software

no, you are just the one being a complete asshole for no reason. feel better?

I'm not, I'm the saying that there's still software out there for him to buy.

All he did was come in here and whine that there's nothing to play. At best he doesn't care, at worst he's a simpleton.

He's what's wrong in the world. Instead of people doing research and then taking care of their problems afterward they just lay down and cry, and you're encouraging him for whatever reason.

so... you calling him stupid, and saying that he doesnt understand something as simple as walking into a store and buying a game.... is you NOT being an asshole?

wow...excuse me then. we all must be dealing with a seriously complex individual over here.

im not encouraging him to complain, im agreeing that there are too few games and none coming out soon enough. pardon me for having an opinion. ill be sure to check with you next time before i get so presumptuous.

#31 Edited by Celtic_34 (1286 posts) -

what do you think i'm doing jaysonguy? I am researching and trying to figure out what else is out there people are playing and enjoying at this time. I wasn't complaining. you are completely missing the point. Sounds like you have some growing up to do and stop assuming things about people and trying to control what they do. I'm 40 years old and was just asking a question here and didn't mean these things any way you think. You are actually what is wrong with the world complaining and assuming things about people you know nothing about instead of helping and adding something and answering the question.

#32 Posted by l34052 (3212 posts) -

@Celtic_34 said:
...No offense but people are rude as hell on the internet and some of you need to stop that. It's really pathetic. 90 percent of you would not get that far in reality if you are that way.

Its because online you can be anonymous and hide behind a screen, the people like that are usually the ones scared of their own shadows in the real world with real people.

#33 Edited by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

Shouldn't have bought a launch console. The PS4 wasn't going anywhere, you could have just waited and kept gaming on the PS3.

Throughout 2014 there should be some interesting releases but for the here and now you're kinda stuck with what you see.