GameStop, buy 2 used games get one free?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by RTUUMM (4132 posts) -

sois this real? I saw a thread the other day (yesterday i think) but there was no link or info. I dont see it anywhere else. I just want to make sure that GS is having the deal before I go to GS. So does anybody have any info on this.

#2 Posted by gaming25 (6181 posts) -

sois this real? I saw a thread the other day (yesterday i think) but there was no link or info. I dont see it anywhere else. I just want to make sure that GS is having the deal before I go to GS. So does anybody have any info on this.

RTUUMM
Its real. I hope I helped. Now, what about me...
#3 Posted by RTUUMM (4132 posts) -
[QUOTE="gaming25"][QUOTE="RTUUMM"]

what about you? also when untill when will it go on? also Im planning on buying 2 very cheap psp games and getting a decent PS3 game for free, you think I could get away with it?
#4 Posted by schizo_talon (249 posts) -
#5 Posted by sergemyster8 (1749 posts) -

RTUUMM

what about you? also when untill when will it go on? also Im planning on buying 2 very cheap psp games and getting a decent PS3 game for free, you think I could get away with it?

It gives you the cheapest for free.

#6 Posted by RTUUMM (4132 posts) -
damn I only have $30 what can I get with that?
#7 Posted by gaming25 (6181 posts) -

RTUUMM

It was a real question. Calm down.

I was thinking about getting UC2 (I have beat it, dont own it), MGS4 (same), and Infamous (played halfway through dunno). So for me its either Infamous, or Modnation racers for my third pick. Which one would you reccomend that I get? Or should I just got Modnation for and just see the ending for Infamous?

And no, you cant get away with buying the highest one for free. Ok?

#8 Posted by scar-hawk (5404 posts) -

also Im planning on buying 2 very cheap psp games and getting a decent PS3 game for free, you think I could get away with it?

Only if you run out of the store. But yeah, with $30 you can a lot of combinations of games.
#9 Posted by FlamesOfGrey (7503 posts) -
Make sure you buy used games in store at Gamestop. From personal experience with their online store, the games will come with no manual and in horrid condition.
#10 Posted by Elian2530 (3658 posts) -
It's June 18-20, basically this weekend. And thank you for the heads up. I'm so glad I decided to walk into the PS3 forums today lol. I'm usually snooping and reading the news. :P SWEET.. but what games to buy that are pre-owned? Most of them are $20 titles that are dated and boring for me. :( Believe me, I've been buying and returning quite a lot of them. But the best out of the bargain bin would have to be Dead Space, if anyone is interested. Hmm... Even you grab the mid range $30-35 titles, eehhh it can get quite expensive. Nontheless, that third copy is still free. :P
#11 Posted by RTUUMM (4132 posts) -

also Im planning on buying 2 very cheap psp games and getting a decent PS3 game for free, you think I could get away with it?scar-hawk

Only if you run out of the store. But yeah, with $30 you can a lot of combinations of games.

lik wat? I cant think of any decent ps3 game under $30
#12 Posted by RTUUMM (4132 posts) -
Make sure you buy used games in store at Gamestop. From personal experience with their online store, the games will come with no manual and in horrid condition.FlamesOfGrey
I know, I dont buy stuff online anyways
#13 Posted by gaming25 (6181 posts) -
It's June 18-20, basically this weekend. And thank you for the heads up. I'm so glad I decided to walk into the PS3 forums today lol. I'm usually snooping and reading the news. :P SWEET.. but what games to buy that are pre-owned? Most of them are $20 titles that are dated and boring for me. :( Believe me, I've been buying and returning quite a lot of them. But the best out of the bargain bin would have to be Dead Space, if anyone is interested. Hmm... Even you grab the mid range $30-35 titles, eehhh it can get quite expensive. Nontheless, that third copy is still free. :PElian2530
Are you saying Deadspace over Infamous???
#14 Posted by LP4EVA2005 (8585 posts) -

damn I only have $30 what can I get with that?RTUUMM
uh how about going to your local GS and checking the game prices? you're going there anyways

#15 Posted by maxx1458 (1275 posts) -

Went yesterday and got Final Fantasy Xlll, Just Cause 2 and Yakuza 3 for 100 bucks.

#16 Posted by androflash (1034 posts) -

I got Heavy Rain, Lost Planet 2 and God of War III for about 90 bucks (GoWIII for free). First time I see a Gamestop deal that beats Amazon, so good enough for me.

#17 Posted by xTpux (308 posts) -

It is real. I went in today and bought NFS: Pro Street & a pplay and charge cable but could not find anything I wanted for free. (i know...im crazy)

#18 Posted by Airek49 (1081 posts) -
It's real. Had a bit left over on a gift card and ended up getting Final Fantasy XII, Demon's Souls and Super Street Fighter 4 for $50.
#19 Posted by Airek49 (1081 posts) -
Also, guys, ask your local GameSpot(s) first, but around here there is about 6 GameStops in a 10 mile radius. No one location had all of the games I was looking for, so once I found Demon's Souls I had him call the next closest store (a mile away) to see if they had SSF4. Turns out they had it, but not Demon's Souls. Any way, they communicated and allowed me to buy DS in one store, go to the next and pick up SSF4, which allowed me to utilize the buy two get one free deal. Good stuff!
#20 Posted by SaudiFury (8707 posts) -

yeah i did it

got

Metal Gear Solid 2 : Substance

Metal Gear Solid 3 : Snake Eater (don't really need or want all the extras)

and

Advanced Wars : Days of Ruin for the DS

nothing really besides that for the time being.. i still got hope for the Ico Collection coming to PS3.