Game upgrades (PS4)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Wallyh08 (535 posts) -

Hello

Fast question

Currently very bored in terms of gaming, and the wait to play BF4 is killing me softly so to speak.

Does the £10 upgrade from PS3 to PS4 only work online, or could I walk into ASDA, buy the PS3 version today and do the same again when the PS4 version comes. Thanks

#2 Posted by SgtSutton (322 posts) -

You can buy a hard copy or digital for PS3, but you can only download the digital copy for PS4.

#3 Posted by lyndonAPI (2793 posts) -

The games in the PS4 upgrade bit have a code you put in.This, along with sticking the PS3 disc into your PS4, allow you to download the PS4 version.

#4 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8118 posts) -

Like others said its digital only through psn. I already upgraded my bf4

#5 Posted by Wallyh08 (535 posts) -

Thanks.

Decided to pass on BF4 so I get the full effect on PS4 :)

#6 Posted by SgtSutton (322 posts) -

@Wallyh08 said:

Thanks.

Decided to pass on BF4 so I get the full effect on PS4 :)

Well if you do buy it, all of your MP stats are supposed to carry over. My plan on selling my PS3 copy should get more than $10 so I should get it for free on PS4 upgrade.

#7 Edited by Wallyh08 (535 posts) -

So tempting! Not sure if playing the PS3 version will ruin my next gen bf experience :P It was going to be the first game I play, and all 'wooooa!' ;)

#8 Edited by SgtSutton (322 posts) -

I see your point, but that might help you really compare the consoles. Imagine how much better it might look on PS4, also they do have added features for PS4 that sound kinda cool. I like that you can use your PC for a map of the level

#9 Posted by --MAV3R1CK-- (9346 posts) -

If I were you, I would wait to get the full retail version of BF4. Just makes the experience of having the actual copy better. It may just be me.