Game store , now I know why I buy online !

This topic is locked from further discussion.

crewe8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By crewe8
Member since 2008 • 703 Posts

Apologise if I'm in the wrong here, but thought walking dead goty season 1 was out today ? Went to hmv in Brighton not in there, then game , looked around then asked a member of staff, who wasn't sure and said he would have a look in the back store room, I stayed in the same place, after about 5 mins he came out from the store room and carried on with his job, didn't come over and let me know either way.. So now I will definitely be buying online to cut out the ignorant staff ! Anyone else had a similar or bad experience with "game"store ?

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

What kind of "game store" you go ? is it a chain or just a game store ? here where I´m at there are 3 stores of the same chain: Gamers and there are 2 stores from another chain: GamePlanet, in either the staff practically place themselves as red carpet for you come in, all know what´s on display and if it´s not in display they´ll go to the back room to see if it´s there, and if it´s not in that store they call the other stores to see if they have it, if you want to they can have it brought from the other stores if you want it.

Besides them there are other retailers downtown with small shops that also sell games. The worst place to purchase games here is at places like Walmart ( unless they have them with discount or on clearance ) because the staff belongs to the Electronics department, they know Little and there isn´t much from where to choose either.

iamStilbon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 iamStilbon
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

@crewe8: I buy most of my game digitally as well. Either on Steam, GOG or my PS4. It cuts out the sales staff trying to up sale me as soon as I walk through the door or asking if I want to pre-order any other games.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

HMV Thought all stores closed down and it just the internet?.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#5 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

I'm on the fence with this issue! I would love to go ALL digital if there was incentives for doing it like a discount or free DLC.

The only real benefit at the moment is convenients

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Nah, I don't buy online games if there are physical copies. I like to be able to sell my games if I need to, or give them to friends and family. Or trade them. Can't do that with digital.