Free PSASBR DLC Today and Twisted Metal Birthday Bundle

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#1 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

Free PSASBR DLC Today

I thought I'd take a moment to remind everyone that today (February 12th) is the scheduled release date for the free Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale DLC, featuring new playable characters Kat and Emmet.  (In Europe the DLC is set to release tomorrow.)

So far I haven't heard anything on the official Playstation website about the event, nor the official Playstation Blog.  But maybe later today they'll confirm it, when they get closer to updating the store.

I'm concerned about things since SuperBot disbanded recently, and there's always the possibility that this could somehow change the release date.

I also looked around the Internet and heard rumors that development of several new DLC characters was dropped due to the game not being successful enough.  One such character I'm hearing a lot about is Abe from the Oddworld games - people are saying he was pretty far along in development, but might not see release.  There was at least one other character in development, but right now there is only speculation about who it was.  This is pretty discouraging, and I'm hoping that the game continues to be supported with the rest of its DLC.

Twisted Metal Birthday Bundle

Also today, something that is confirmed is the Twisted Metal Birthday Bundle.  I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone.

All 4 of the major TM games are on sale on PSN.  The first two games are $4.99 each, Black is $7.99, the PS3 one is $29.99, or you can get all 4 games for $39.99.

It will last for 1 week only.

Not a bad deal for fans of the series, though only the first two games are playable on the Vita of course.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#3 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

I have all of the Twisted Metal games. That is my Favorite Playstation series. Twisted Metal is the best hopefully the series continues on Playstation 4 and PSvita.

I hope at least the Playstation all stars Battle Royale DLC at least continues. But free DLC with 2 new fighters so you cannot complain.

Twisted Metal for PS3 is fun. I would hope that a HD collection of Twisted Metal 1, 2 and TM Head on And Twisted metal Black were created. Even though they are Playstation 1 games and PSP. Are remake of those game in HD would be welcome.

xninja7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 xninja7
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
My game updated and i see the new characters on there locked, and i click them and it opens up the store, but when i'm sent to the store, it's completely empty! I have been waiting a long time for this and i am very disappointed.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
patch is like 800mb on vita , 500something on ps3.. no room on vita so hoping if i download it on the ps3, i will eventually be able to have the characters for free in the future when i decide to patch that version
Blake135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Blake135
Member since 2008 • 3994 Posts

With the 800mb patch All Stars is the only game on my PS Vita 4GB memory card :?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
And of course i just blew $40 on Sly 4. Would love to jump on that bundle :evil:
TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

New PSAS character's are pretty fun once you get a handle on them. Pretty disappointed that the new level actually costs money to own it. I know it's only 1.99$ but it seems like a needless cost.

lild1425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#9 lild1425
Member since 2004 • 6757 Posts

New PSAS character's are pretty fun once you get a handle on them. Pretty disappointed that the new level actually costs money to own it. I know it's only 1.99$ but it seems like a needless cost.

TwistedShade

I agree. I would've figured that they would have thrown it in there with the new characters. I got it anyway. 2 bucks is cheap, but t's not worth it unless you have completeness OCD like I do.