For a Western release of Yakuza 5

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Mazdalopitek (17 posts) -
http://www.change.org/fr/p%C3%A9titions/sega-une-sortie-europ%C3%A9enne-et-am%C3%A9ricaine-pour-yakuza-5-for-a-western-release-of-yakuza-5 Despite the lack of communication about the Yakuza series, many players around the world have continued to support Sega investing time and money in this saga, for each new game out, and have begun over the episodes to like the world and the characters. While the series have finally a new graphics engine, and a job done that seems successful on all points, it would be a shame that Sega deprives those outside Japan and have also contributed to the reputation of the saga Yakuza, as well as many players who are beginning to realize the potential of Yakuza through this episode. Thanking you in advance for your participation and hope that Sega meets the expectations of its loyal players.
#2 Posted by CTR360 (7178 posts) -
i hope sega bring yakuza 5 on USA and EUROPE iam fan of yakuza series
#3 Posted by Mazdalopitek (17 posts) -
Thanks for your support. Don't hesitate to sign the petition. Thanks :)
#4 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25810 posts) -
I signed it but I don't think it's necessary. If they localized a zombie spin-off they'll localize 5.
#5 Posted by Mazdalopitek (17 posts) -
I signed it but I don't think it's necessary. If they localized a zombie spin-off they'll localize 5.Floppy_Jim
I don't know, it seems Yakuza 5 and Yakuza 1-2 HD are Japan-only: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md6z6wpOgK1rsl35ao1_1280.png Kellie Parker is Segas Senior Online Community Manager.
#6 Posted by gamenerd15 (4468 posts) -

Sega closed down a lot of its branches. It is only going to focus on Sonic games and a few other titles. The chances of Yakuza 5 being released in the West is slim. The West is a year behind in terms of Yakuza games. If Sega did localize the game for Western audiences, then it probably would not come out until 2014. I doubt the market will care about the game by that time. All the next generation systems will be out by then.

#7 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25810 posts) -
Bugger, that's all bad news then. Good luck with the petition.
#8 Posted by bezza2011 (2665 posts) -

I played through the third I found it ok by seriously has nothing on the shemnue series, from what I heard 4 was pretty much the same as 3, shout time they forget this series and get a great game back instead of a rubbish fighting mechanic like yakuza and them stupid random fights every few minutes

#9 Posted by Kravyn81 (9438 posts) -
I'm sure the game will be brought over. They've brought over every game since (except for that weird spin-off that took place in feudal Japan).
#10 Posted by Mazdalopitek (17 posts) -
I hope it will;
#11 Posted by Mazdalopitek (17 posts) -
Anyone else?
#12 Posted by josephl64 (4424 posts) -
I'm sure the game will be brought over. They've brought over every game since (except for that weird spin-off that took place in feudal Japan).Kravyn81
you mean Kenzan, and they also didn't bring over the handheld games either
#13 Posted by Kravyn81 (9438 posts) -
Yeah. I would have liked to have played Kenzan, is it? Apparently that was too niche even for the already niche Yakuza fans :lol:
#14 Posted by josephl64 (4424 posts) -
Yeah. I would have liked to have played Kenzan, is it? Apparently that was too niche even for the already niche Yakuza fans :lol:Kravyn81
It's kind of disappointing, I would have pre-ordered a collector's version of it even...
#15 Posted by Mazdalopitek (17 posts) -
Do you think we'll have Kenzan someday?
#16 Posted by Mazdalopitek (17 posts) -
Petition always on track!
#17 Posted by Mazdalopitek (17 posts) -
Alright!
#18 Posted by Mazdalopitek (17 posts) -
up!
#19 Posted by Mazdalopitek (17 posts) -
More than 100 people!
#20 Posted by Everiez (1946 posts) -

Signed. And TC, at least post English version of the link and working link so people don't have to change language to understand sign form. Convenience will get you more signatures.

Copy & paste this if you don't know how:

Link

Like this.

#21 Posted by Mazdalopitek (17 posts) -

Signed. And TC, at least post English version of the link and working link so people don't have to change language to understand sign form. Convenience will get you more signatures.

Copy & paste this if you don't know how:

Link

Like this.

Everiez
Thank you very much. I didn't know you couldn't access the page.
#22 Posted by Mazdalopitek (17 posts) -
:up:
#23 Posted by CKYguy25 (2180 posts) -

sounds interesting

#24 Posted by Mazdalopitek (17 posts) -
Sure it is :)
#25 Posted by Mazdalopitek (17 posts) -
We need more signatures!
#26 Posted by Mazdalopitek (17 posts) -
Up!
#27 Posted by Mazdalopitek (17 posts) -
Up!
#28 Posted by Mazdalopitek (17 posts) -
Up!
#29 Posted by hammersythe (5 posts) -

VOTE HERE: http://operationrainfall.com/vote-to-localize-sega-konami-polls/

Operation Rainfall have partnered with Language Automation, Inc., (LAI), a company that specializes in game localization. LAI has worked with Sega in the past will offer discount localization services on whichever game has the most votes and will push each company to localize that specific project!

If you want Yakuza 5 localised this is the best chance you could hope for to make your voice heard!

#30 Posted by hammersythe (5 posts) -

VOTE HERE: http://operationrainfall.com/vote-to-localize-sega-konami-polls/

Operation Rainfall have partnered with Language Automation, Inc., (LAI), a company that specializes in game localization. LAI has worked with Sega in the past will offer discount localization services on whichever game has the most votes and will push each company to localize that specific project!

If you want Yakuza 5 localised this is the best chance you could hope for to make your voice heard!