Firmware 2.00 browser problems

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by porkchopxp (1153 posts) -

The new firmware has rendered using the browser useless as it constantly refreshes pages that have pop-up ads. I never had that problem before the patch. Anyone have any ideas on what feature/option I need to turn off to stop this nonsense(and please don't say the web browser)?

#2 Posted by layton2012 (3653 posts) -
Haven't tried the browser, but I can't get the PS store to open.
#3 Posted by Matthew-first (3007 posts) -

For me, after the update it was instantly frozen while loading a google.com site ;|

Had to Long press the power button to restart the system...

Sony f up a bit.

#4 Posted by Granpire (2749 posts) -
I think 2.00 has got some bugs to iron out. Last night all network-related functions were extremely laggy, as if my ping was high, on both internet browsing and PSN-related features. I've heard stories about a soft brick that made someone unable to get past their lock screen.
#5 Posted by criticalmigz (2 posts) -
only problem ive encountered in fw2.00 vita browser was that everytime i get to press the ps button from a game then go to web browser,,it automatically refreshes the site,so the page that youve been waiting to load,would probably load from the beginning again after you paused your game....
#6 Posted by Granpire (2749 posts) -
I noticed that the browser did that most of the time before the patch. Not always, but bigger sites always seemed to refresh for me. I think it was the Vita's way of clearing memory from the browser when you start other apps. By making the browser a "smaller" app, they've probably configured it to clear most of its memory every time the player switches back to the game.
#7 Posted by gregbmil (2607 posts) -

For me, after the update it was instantly frozen while loading a google.com site ;|

Had to Long press the power button to restart the system...

Sony f up a bit.

Matthew-first

This happend to me twice, and both time it started back up in Safe Mode. It's kind of scary seeing that screen