This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by enz2 (1689 posts) -
Never really looked into this but I'm interested in how FF XIV works online. The first and only mmorpg I've played is white knight chronicles which was awesome, and as a fan of Final Fantasy, I'm intrigued how final fantasy online works. Do you play single player for story mode and do quests online with others? I never really understood how FF XI worked online which I assume is the same as FF XIV when it's released on ps3?
#2 Posted by roboccs (7331 posts) -
Never really looked into this but I'm interested in how FF XIV works online. The first and only mmorpg I've played is white knight chronicles which was awesome, and as a fan of Final Fantasy, I'm intrigued how final fantasy online works. Do you play single player for story mode and do quests online with others? I never really understood how FF XI worked online which I assume is the same as FF XIV when it's released on ps3?enz2
I'm not really sure about the specifics of the gameplay, I just know that it was released a few years ago on the PC and it was so bad that square is still in the process of remaking it. It was so bad that people lost their jobs and they had to give free subscriptions to those who initially bought it. I think they even recently shut the old one completely down and the new one will be taking over for it eventually. I guess it was a total trainwreck.
#3 Posted by funsohng (28923 posts) -
FF XIV is like 4th game of Leisure Suit Larry series: it doesn't exist.
#4 Posted by idunnodude (2283 posts) -
[QUOTE="enz2"]Never really looked into this but I'm interested in how FF XIV works online. The first and only mmorpg I've played is white knight chronicles which was awesome, and as a fan of Final Fantasy, I'm intrigued how final fantasy online works. Do you play single player for story mode and do quests online with others? I never really understood how FF XI worked online which I assume is the same as FF XIV when it's released on ps3?roboccs
I'm not really sure about the specifics of the gameplay, I just know that it was released a few years ago on the PC and it was so bad that square is still in the process of remaking it. It was so bad that people lost their jobs and they had to give free subscriptions to those who initially bought it. I think they even recently shut the old one completely down and the new one will be taking over for it eventually. I guess it was a total trainwreck.

pretty much this. i heard it was a complete trainwreck. square has really gone downhill this gen. plus you gotta pay monthly for that no thanks lol.