Final Fantasy 7 Remake for PS4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by _F_F_7_ (72 posts) -

I was thinking that if Square Enix made a Final Fantasy 7 remake they Sony would by exclusive rights to the game but considering production has not started yet they may release it as an opening game for the PS4. Like all the game companies try and release lots of really good popular games as they release a new console to boost opening sales and if the PS4 was released with a Final Fantasy remake it would be extremely popular and sell lots of copies.

What are your opinions on this.

#2 Posted by siLVURcross (26103 posts) -
Won't happen. As much as we want it to, it won't, it just won't.
#3 Posted by Pengu-X (141 posts) -
I would love to see that since I never beat it on the ps1, but isnt the PS3 perfectly capable of running a ff7 remake?
#4 Posted by Denji (12757 posts) -
*sigh* Just give it up. PS4 now? Seriously? You "FF7 remake" people are just as bad as those "MGS4 going to 360" people. It's not happening. Just leave it alone.
#5 Posted by Wild_Card (4034 posts) -
would be nice. As all the newer FF games i have played have been a stinking pile compaired to the snes and ps1 games.
#6 Posted by funsohng (27614 posts) -

nah, who cares about ff7, i just want my ff6 remake on ds (which is highly probable)

celes on 3d. wouldnt that be epic

#7 Posted by Denji (12757 posts) -

nah, who cares about ff7, i just want my ff6 remake on ds (which is highly probable)

funsohng

Weren't they going to attempt that on the N64? I remember seeing N64 rendered FF6 characters on the net a long time ago. If that were true, they could just dig that up.

#8 Posted by caliburgst (153 posts) -
*sigh* Just give it up. PS4 now? Seriously? You "FF7 remake" people are just as bad as those "MGS4 going to 360" people. It's not happening. Just leave it alone.Denji
Exactly what I was thinking
#9 Posted by orbis_mortis (420 posts) -
I would love a Final Fantasy 7 remake but like other people have pointed out this topic is way over done.
#10 Posted by siLVURcross (26103 posts) -

funsohng
And skip 5? Slow down there man!
#11 Posted by Raider8784 (121 posts) -
I think it'll eventually happen, but not anytime soon so don't get your hopes all up and just leave it alone for now... but eventually why not? If the chance to make a lot of money is there, they'll take it
#12 Posted by Nightingale27 (661 posts) -
Seeing how many frothing fanboys there are, I don't see why not... I know someone (a strange someone) who plays FF7 almost every other day... he's says he's beaten it like 50 times...
#13 Posted by _F_F_7_ (72 posts) -
Where there is money to be made the gaming companies will go for it. they may however think that over time more and more people will become interested in a remake and therefore attract more interest and sales when they do release it. There is so much demand that eventually they will have to crack under the pressure. The original sold 10 million copies world wide so imagine how much a remake would make. There is a huge amount of money there and the gaming companies just want as much money as they can get, its not a matter of if but when.
#14 Posted by Furi-Kun (10903 posts) -
PS4 is way to far ahead.
#15 Posted by TIGERLIONX (906 posts) -
FOR GOD SAKE SOMEONE PUT A FREAKING *WHAT IF* or something in the title. i have one question for you ppl. WHY the greek ruins are so beautiful, epic (for me), and valuable? BECAUSE they were a piece of art the way they are. FF VII is great like that, dont change anything, yeah it would be cool bla bla, just put the dam game in the PSN store. and cmon ps4?
#16 Posted by codalloo (892 posts) -
Is this thread for realziez? Since the PS3 is just really beginning it's approximate 10 year life cycle, I don't think we should even begin speculating the possibility of the PS4, besides the PS3 is more than capable of handling a remake of FFVII, as you can see from that trailer of FFVII on PS3.
#17 Posted by Elitheos (111 posts) -
No other FF title has had as many spin-off's and character quest stars as FFVII. PS1, PS2, PSP...they are all full of spin-offs and games featuring FFVII characters. A FFVII remake is certain, and it will probably be on the PS3. I always imagine that Sony let FFXIII go as an exclusive so they could secure FFVII.
#18 Posted by _F_F_7_ (72 posts) -
That trailer was actually just a tech demo to show what the PS3 can do. It was not a trailer and Square enix spokespeople said that while a remake was not on the agenda at the moment, it may be a prospect in the future.
#19 Posted by codalloo (892 posts) -
That trailer was actually just a tech demo to show what the PS3 can do. It was not a trailer and Square enix spokespeople said that while a remake was not on the agenda at the moment, it may be a prospect in the future._F_F_7_
That's exactly what I'm saying, not that it's planned for release but that the PS3 could handle a remake.
#20 Posted by The_profeshenal (494 posts) -
All right why are we looking backward and forwards at the same time? FF7 was great and still is, but it's the past. I know it was mind blowing at the time but given the graphics I couls almost play it on my Blackberry by now. Why can't we just pray they find a good story and go back to the old battle system. Besides FFX was a pretty Final Fantasy game. Why aren't we remaking that for the PS4? When is the Ps4 due out? Inlike 10 years?
#21 Posted by FF6fan (1637 posts) -
[QUOTE="Denji"][QUOTE="funsohng"]

Weren't they going to attempt that on the N64? I remember seeing N64 rendered FF6 characters on the net a long time ago. If that were true, they could just dig that up.

No that was just a tech demo just like FFVII was a tech demo for the PS3 showing what the respective systems could do.
#22 Posted by taplok (4473 posts) -

i wonder where Musashi sensi is? i don't think he likes it when people make threads regarding the PS4...

and i agree with him, let's focus on what's at hand at the moment... the PS3 is just on its early years... you're not even sure if it's gonna be called a PS4...?

#23 Posted by _F_F_7_ (72 posts) -
Of course sony have already started work on the next playstation. It took 6 years of work to release the PS3 so work will have already begun on concepts for the PS4. However I also think that they can't call it the PS4. They have to spice it up a bit with a new name because PS4 just doesn't sound right.
#24 Posted by _F_F_7_ (72 posts) -
Quote from: Persia316 'I saw the tech demo & I got the same feeling I had when I first played FFVII. Dirge of Cerberus was kind of weak & Crisis Core though I wasn't to fond of the gameplay, the story is what everyone really bought it for. If FFVII gets remade, Square - enix will make millions, The PS3 will be sold out everywhere & FFVII will probably out sell GTA 4 & Metal Gear cause of the huge fan base it started back in the 90s & its Final Fantasy fans from before VII.'
#25 Posted by Gohansephiroth (9871 posts) -

Is this thread for realziez? Since the PS3 is just really beginning it's approximate 10 year life cycle, I don't think we should even begin speculating the possibility of the PS4, besides the PS3 is more than capable of handling a remake of FFVII, as you can see from that trailer of FFVII on PS3.codalloo

^what he said. I would certainly love a remake of FF7 its one of my favorite games, but im thinking they might hold off till they release the remake of 6 which will probably be on the DS, and i wouldn't really want it right away anyhow since it seems there are far too many FF7 haters at the moment who seem to go out of there way to hate on the game for no reason other than its popularity or because they claim they hate the fanbase which is kinda weird. If they don't like it that's fine but its rather annoying when they go out of there way to belittle a great game. Anyway im all for a remake but it would most certainly be on the PS3 since it was said they want it to run a 10 year life cycle till they introduce its successor.

#26 Posted by FF6fan (1637 posts) -

[QUOTE="codalloo"]Is this thread for realziez? Since the PS3 is just really beginning it's approximate 10 year life cycle, I don't think we should even begin speculating the possibility of the PS4, besides the PS3 is more than capable of handling a remake of FFVII, as you can see from that trailer of FFVII on PS3.Gohansephiroth

^what he said. I would certainly love a remake of FF7 its one of my favorite games, but im thinking they might hold off till they release the remake of 6 which will probably be on the DS, and i wouldn't really want it right away anyhow since it seems there are far too many FF7 haters at the moment who seem to go out of there way to hate on the game for no reason other than its popularity or because they claim they hate the fanbase which is kinda weird. If they don't like it that's fine but its rather annoying when they go out of there way to belittle a great game. Anyway im all for a remake but it would most certainly be on the PS3 since it was said they want it to run a 10 year life cycle till they introduce its successor.

Not to mention the fact that the FFVII 20th anniversary is in 2017 which if any remake shall be revealed it would be released then which is close to the 10 year mark or rather right on the 10 year mark.
#27 Posted by CanadianCR (3824 posts) -

It wouldn't be Final Fantasy 7 .. you want to play it again .. buy it .. enjoy the real Final Fantasy 7 .. that's what makes it what it is ..

EDIT: Instead of remaking it for a new system, they should just release more copies of it, because you know how hard it is to get, or expensive ..

#28 Posted by FF6fan (1637 posts) -
It wouldn't be Final Fantasy 7 .. you want to play it again .. buy it .. enjoy the real Final Fantasy 7 .. that's what makes it what it is ..CanadianCR
Well true but considering how much FFVII goes for online it doesn't make much business sense for FFVII not to be remade because ebayers are selling the game 3-4 times the original price(if it was a green label) and even more if it was a black label. Square-enix could profit off such high demand by just releasing even a PSN dl nonetheless a remake.
#29 Posted by 1uP_OnYou (3183 posts) -
I look forward to a playing FFVII remake some years from now. I'd say by 2017
#30 Posted by hazelnutman (9699 posts) -
3rd party developer? Exclusive? lolwut
#31 Posted by L33T_TI200P3I2 (331 posts) -
Why are you thinking about the PS4 now? The PS3 has only been out for a while. Anyway they shouldn't do a remake of it because the original was so good, don't try and make something better that is already perfect.
#32 Posted by raghraghragh (6613 posts) -

Just let FF7 die. You don't need all this extra crap like Crisis Core (which was alright but not really needed), Advent Children or Dirge of Cerebus (both of which were terribad). The PS1 game is a classic, and it should stay like that, rather than be defiled again and again with all this other crap nobody cares about.

EDIT: If any Final Fantasy game, it should be the criminally unplayed (and my personal favourite) Final Fantasy 9.

#33 Posted by TIGERLIONX (906 posts) -

Just let FF7 die. You don't need all this extra crap like Crisis Core (which was alright but not really needed), Advent Children or Dirge of Cerebus (both of which were terribad). The PS1 game is a classic, and it should stay like that, rather than be defiled again and again with all this other crap nobody cares about.

EDIT: If any Final Fantasy game, it should be the criminally unplayed (and my personal favourite) Final Fantasy 9.

raghraghragh
agree, FF VII is perfect the way it is, its a classic just put it on the PSN store. and yeah FF IX rocks
#34 Posted by _F_F_7_ (72 posts) -
If Square decided to produce a remake they may choose on the 20th anniversary as said above in 2017 and I think it is safe to assume that that will be around the time that the next generation of consoles will be released. And think about it, even if the game is average they will still sell millions of copies and millions of consoles, many people have said they would buy a playstation if the remake was made so there is not just money for square but big money for Sony. Theres no doubt Sony would buy exclusive rights to such a remake which would be a great start to a new console sales.
#35 Posted by raghraghragh (6613 posts) -

If Square decided to produce a remake they may choose on the 20th anniversary as said above in 2017 and I think it is safe to assume that that will be around the time that the next generation of consoles will be released. And think about it, even if the game is average they will still sell millions of copies and millions of consoles, many people have said they would buy a playstation if the remake was made so there is not just money for square but big money for Sony. Theres no doubt Sony would buy exclusive rights to such a remake which would be a great start to a new console sales._F_F_7_

Actually, I don't think it's safe to the the 'next' generation of consoles will be released around 2017. Taht would mean the Xbox 360 would be out for nearly 12 years. :|

2011 is when the next batch of consoles will be out, maybe late 2010.

#36 Posted by motherboop (2382 posts) -
Why on earth would we need a PS4 anytime soon? As if the PS3 isn't good enough? lol
#37 Posted by THQ88 (1362 posts) -
on PS4??? Not going to happen in 60 years! Just forget it.