final fantasy 7 remake for ps3.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by riku-ansem (201 posts) -
I saw on ign that their was a preview of ff7 being made for ps3 they said it was just to show how goo the ps3 was though. Does anyone know if they are actually working on a remake of ff7 for ps3.
#2 Posted by MusashiSensi (9583 posts) -
I saw on ign that their was a preview of ff7 being made for ps3 they said it was just to show how goo the ps3 was though. Does anyone know if they are actually working on a remake of ff7 for ps3.riku-ansem
COME ON! This is an on going topic on this forum. No, there has no been any offical word on the FF7 remake even though I'd gladly welcome it with open arms.
#3 Posted by gbpman630 (2795 posts) -
I saw on ign that their was a preview of ff7 being made for ps3 they said it was just to show how goo the ps3 was though. Does anyone know if they are actually working on a remake of ff7 for ps3.riku-ansem
nice try dude. enough april fool's bs on the boards
#4 Posted by longhorn7 (4637 posts) -
[QUOTE="riku-ansem"]I saw on ign that their was a preview of ff7 being made for ps3 they said it was just to show how goo the ps3 was though. Does anyone know if they are actually working on a remake of ff7 for ps3.gbpman630

hes not lying there really is a preview, but it is from the tech demo and it has been there for like a year
#5 Posted by riku-ansem (201 posts) -

So their prolly is no chance for a remake of ff7 for ps3 i mean i know square-enix is working on ff13 and verses 13and after that they will be working on kingdom hearts 3 which i can't wait for so I don' think they will make ff7 for ps3 for at least a couple years. So if anybody knows if their is a chance could you tell me?

#6 Posted by tubarao1 (561 posts) -
i believe one day will be a remake but not now. long future i think. i have started for the 1000 time ff7, but now on my ps3. :D
#7 Posted by Thomas-Crown (30371 posts) -
There's always a chance but since a remake didn't happen for the ps2... I doubt FF VII will be remade for the ps3. I hope they do though. :P
#8 Posted by Eman5805 (4493 posts) -

[QUOTE="gbpman630"][QUOTE="riku-ansem"]I saw on ign that their was a preview of ff7 being made for ps3 they said it was just to show how goo the ps3 was though. Does anyone know if they are actually working on a remake of ff7 for ps3.longhorn7

hes not lying there really is a preview, but it is from the tech demo and it has been there for like a year

LMAO @ your sig.

#9 Posted by eignub (153 posts) -
IMPORTANT READ! I saw online somewhere that it was not going to happen. Someone who works for Square-Enix said it was just to show how good games could look on the PS3. Then i saw somewhere that since the preveiw got such uproar about a remake that Square began to think about  doing it. Also i read that they were having difficulty deciding to make it exatly like the origional -the battle system- or changing the battle system -such as FFXII. Personally i dont care i just want a remake, it would be the only reason for me to buy a PS3. Anyway Square has already made the model for Cloud, Aeireth and Midgar so why stop. Also Nobuo Uematsu remade the openig music to orchestra. They have alot of it already so why not?
#10 Posted by eignub (153 posts) -
IMPORTANT READ! I saw online somewhere that it was not going to happen. Someone who works for Square-Enix said it was just to show how good games could look on the PS3. Then i saw somewhere that since the preveiw got such uproar about a remake that Square began to think about  doing it. Also i read that they were having difficulty deciding to make it exatly like the origional -the battle system- or changing the battle system -such as FFXII. Personally i dont care i just want a remake, it would be the only reason for me to buy a PS3. Anyway Square has already made the model for Cloud, Aeireth and Midgar so why stop. Also Nobuo Uematsu remade the openig music to orchestra. They have alot of it already so why not?
#11 Posted by trasherhead (3058 posts) -
its like this: When will they invent cold fusion? oh, about the time the FF7 remake comes out:P
#12 Posted by longhorn7 (4637 posts) -
IMPORTANT READ! I saw online somewhere that it was not going to happen. Someone who works for Square-Enix said it was just to show how good games could look on the PS3. Then i saw somewhere that since the preveiw got such uproar about a remake that Square began to think about  doing it. Also i read that they were having difficulty deciding to make it exatly like the origional -the battle system- or changing the battle system -such as FFXII. Personally i dont care i just want a remake, it would be the only reason for me to buy a PS3. Anyway Square has already made the model for Cloud, Aeireth and Midgar so why stop. Also Nobuo Uematsu remade the openig music to orchestra. They have alot of it already so why not?eignub
if they changed the battle system to some kind of mmo crap i would be so pissed.
#13 Posted by eignub (153 posts) -
i dont know i mean the battle sytem 4 FFXII turned out to b pretty good, but i think the origional battle sytem would work the best 4 a remake, i mean they kept the remake of Resident evil (PS1 to GC) pretty much the sameand it turned out better.
#14 Posted by eignub (153 posts) -
tis duznt have n e thing 2 do w/ this but how do i get a picture to be my logo lik all of u i just have th gamespot one.
#15 Posted by arm9218 (503 posts) -
i wish but so far just the PSP one
#16 Posted by longhorn7 (4637 posts) -
i dont know i mean the battle sytem 4 FFXII turned out to b pretty good, but i think the origional battle sytem would work the best 4 a remake, i mean they kept the remake of Resident evil (PS1 to GC) pretty much the sameand it turned out better.eignub
it wasnt bad for ffxii but it isnt right for vii at all. I would be extremely upset. the materia system etc. is what made vii so great for me gameplay wise. also the chocobo breeding and races are the greatest rpg mini game/side quest ever. also to put a pic do to the top of the page where it says your level and click the pref. thingy
#17 Posted by Dogswithguns (10700 posts) -
I want FF7 on PS3!!.....Do I need to say more?!
#18 Posted by jwimz (82 posts) -
The only Final Fantasy game to be "remade" was III for the DS (from my knowledge), otherwise they have only been tweaked here and there when ported to other systems.  So will there be a remake of VII?  Highly unlikely that it would be happening anytime soon (3-5 years).  If anything I would think that there might be another release in 2017 or 2022 (20 or 25 year anniversary respectively).
#19 Posted by longhorn7 (4637 posts) -
The only Final Fantasy game to be "remade" was III for the DS (from my knowledge), otherwise they have only been tweaked here and there when ported to other systems.  So will there be a remake of VII?  Highly unlikely that it would be happening anytime soon (3-5 years).  If anything I would think that there might be another release in 2017 or 2022 (20 or 25 year anniversary respectively).jwimz
supposedly they are announcing a huge game this year that they have kept under wraps. They said that if they didnt accounce it this year, it would lose its meaning. Its the 10th anny of ff7. could it be? i hope so.
#20 Posted by riku-ansem (201 posts) -
Sorry not trying to be rude but it is the 20th anneversary and i heard the big annoucnment is going to be about kingdom hearts 3. I am nto saying you are wrong though I hope their is info both on the remake on ff7 and some info on kingdom hearts 3. If they do mentiona remake of ff7 on ps3 they won't start work on it for a while since they are still working on ff13 and after that they are starting on kingdom hearts 3.
#21 Posted by nerdman60 (310 posts) -
Sorry not trying to be rude but it is the 20th anneversary and i heard the big annoucnment is going to be about kingdom hearts 3. I am nto saying you are wrong though I hope their is info both on the remake on ff7 and some info on kingdom hearts 3. If they do mentiona remake of ff7 on ps3 they won't start work on it for a while since they are still working on ff13 and after that they are starting on kingdom hearts 3.riku-ansem
it's the 20th anniversary of Final Fantasy series. why the hell would it be about Kingdom Hearts?? im hoping the announcment will be that they are doing a remake of FF7 for PS3 and then an entirely new game based on FF7 that takes place after Dirge of Ceberus.
#22 Posted by riku-ansem (201 posts) -

Actually their will be news about kingdom hearts at the anneversary caus ethat nomura guy already said there will be some great info at the end.

#23 Posted by longhorn7 (4637 posts) -
[QUOTE="riku-ansem"]Sorry not trying to be rude but it is the 20th anneversary and i heard the big annoucnment is going to be about kingdom hearts 3. I am nto saying you are wrong though I hope their is info both on the remake on ff7 and some info on kingdom hearts 3. If they do mentiona remake of ff7 on ps3 they won't start work on it for a while since they are still working on ff13 and after that they are starting on kingdom hearts 3.nerdman60
it's the 20th anniversary of Final Fantasy series. why the hell would it be about Kingdom Hearts?? im hoping the announcment will be that they are doing a remake of FF7 for PS3 and then an entirely new game based on FF7 that takes place after Dirge of Ceberus.

yeah i said the 10th anny of FF7 not the whole series lol its cool though ansem i know youre not tryin to be a jerk. but they said that this year has importance in the announcement. theres a bigger chance that its ff7 than kingdom hearts 3 based on that info.
#24 Posted by longhorn7 (4637 posts) -
even though kh3 will no doubt be announced, this specific "secret game" they have been working on is more likely ff7 than kh3 to reword it
#25 Posted by riku-ansem (201 posts) -

Yea even if it is ff7 or kh3 i will be happy with either information. Iwish I could go to it but I live in Iowa so i live really far away from japan lol i prolly wouldn't understand anything unless they talk in engkish too but i dought it lol.

#26 Posted by longhorn7 (4637 posts) -

Yea even if it is ff7 or kh3 i will be happy with either information. Iwish I could go to it but I live in Iowa so i live really far away from japan lol i prolly wouldn't understand anything unless they talk in engkish too but i dought it lol.

riku-ansem
lol yeah i know what you mean
#27 Posted by sim_dude_uk (348 posts) -
Well, i hope they make the game in a later date while they get used of the PS3.  At this stage, most game companies doesnt use the full specs of the PS3, thats why some games for the ps3 doesnt look quite up to scratch.  But once Square-enix knows the full potential of the PS3, i think they should make it then or a bit earlier because it can show what the PS3 has got compare to the 360.
#28 Posted by riku-ansem (201 posts) -

Yea your right nobody has yet to use the full potential of the PS3. If anyone could use the PS3 fully it would be Square-Enix or maybe even Capcom they are pretty good too.

#29 Posted by rockguitarist89 (90 posts) -
FF VII my nizzle.  No more talk about this. Seriously, its been going on for longer than Anne Frank. Please stop this nonsense. It's not going to happen for a long time man, so keep your zipper up.
#30 Posted by doolies (3984 posts) -

I hope they do not remake it.

Most remakes end up crapper than the original, no doubt SE will try to add something new to the game, extra story or such to intice new players to the FF7 world. No, I'll stick to playing my original FF7 game.

#31 Posted by riku-ansem (201 posts) -
Calm down man we all know it won't be out for a while if it does come out but that is what forums are for is to talk abou tgames coming out or other news about them and some people enjoy talking about the remake.
#32 Posted by longhorn7 (4637 posts) -
besides if there is enough buzz the game will get made. it makes sense
#33 Posted by camdbz251 (159 posts) -
Well, all we know about the announcement is that it's an FF game that has not been announced yet. I don't really think it will be FF14 - we all know that's coming, so it would be kinda anti-climactic. If they are making an FF7 remake, 2007 would be a good time - 20th Anniversary of Final Fantasy, and 10th Anniversary of Final Fantasy 7, closely following the Compilation, etc. Another dea I've had is that it will be FFVII-2 - set after Dirge of Cerberus, focusing on what happens regarding the Genesis secret ending to DoC. Yes, I know G will be in Crisis Core, but we'll have to see. 
#34 Posted by DazKurupt (1370 posts) -
#35 Posted by bboricuamami7 (474 posts) -
its not a remake...it was just to show off the power of the ps3
#36 Posted by bboricuamami7 (474 posts) -
im hoping they will change their minds though b/c it looks like it would have been a good remake...
#37 Posted by M_Fresh (382 posts) -
Im praying for this!!
#38 Posted by riku-ansem (201 posts) -
Everyone is praying for this an whoever isn't has lost their mind lol.
#39 Posted by BetaKatie (28 posts) -
I am orgasmic thinking about it. It is and always will be my favourite game. It's why I am still addicted to video games.
#40 Posted by Star650 (4572 posts) -
I look at FINAL FANTASY XIII and FINAL FANTASY XIII VERSUS and they what I want, even if they remake FF VII it wont be as special as the original, it will have next gen graphics and voice cast and thats it.
#41 Posted by Sokol4ever (6304 posts) -
Um folks... this thread is over a year old, which was made on April 1. 2007. Let it go, I would love the FFVII remake as any other JRPG fan, but there hasn't been any official word. ^_^
#42 Posted by jay_rock_ (1720 posts) -
Um folks... this thread is over a year old, which was made on April 1. 2007. Let it go, I would love the FFVII remake as any other JRPG fan, but there hasn't been any official word. ^_^Sokol4ever
Your right yall see how long its taking a final fantasy game to come out for the PS3...:roll: