FF7 freezes on PSP

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

So I helped a cousin move in sub zero temperatures and 25 below zero wind chill and he gifted me a PSP in return. Its neat. I used to have one long ago, but sold it because it didn't have any games I was really interested in. Anyway this PSP has FF7 on it and it is fun. I got out of midgar and was getting into it and when I start the Kalm past story the game always freezes. It gets to the part where the battle where Sephiroth and Cloud are going to fight the dragon and its supposed to show how badass Sephiroth is.

Anyway the battle music starts, and when the black screen starts its shift to a battle, the whole thing freezes up. No menu button, no music nothing. All I can do is power it off and try again. I messed with the loading times and it goes a little farther before it freezes. I see a little of the ground and the beginning of the top name and that's it.

I heard this game has issues on PSP and experienced some of them. I had some crazy graphics when the game starts on a regular map after a battle and its all technicolor. Now this freezing. I know its a old system, but I'm hopeful some OG Sony fan can help me out and tell me what's going on with this.

i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By i-rock-socks
Member since 2007 • 3826 Posts

i only had ff7 freeze once on me once and i think it was cause i had the disc speed setting set to fast or w/e. didnt happen to me since and i put 50 hours into it