FF6 and Chrono Trigger

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#1 SaudiFury
Member since 2007 • 8709 Posts

i know PSN made a mistake and took them off their list, but does anyone know if they are still coming to PSN?

seriously, when i read those two were coming i got so pumped, i have never played those games and the thought of getting digital versions so i can play on my PS3, PSP and future Vita got me all excited.

Avatar image for finalserenade75
finalserenade75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2 finalserenade75
Member since 2009 • 2162 Posts

FFVI is on Japanese PSN so I'd imagine it'll come eventually. Chrono Trigger though there are no indications.

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#3 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

not sure. i lucked out on both those games. i bought chrono trigger with FF4 as a dual pack for ps1 way back in the day, and i have FF6 for my GBA.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#4 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
I think so. Although I'm curious if playing the PS1 version of Chrono Trigger with fast loading enabled will actually solve its horrendous load time issues. If not, I want no part of it.
Morello964

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Morello964
Member since 2007 • 140 Posts

To people that inquired, Sony said they would be coming but not so soon. Also I wouldn't be too excited. If they're the PS1 ports, the load times are almost game-breaking.

drummer131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#6 drummer131
Member since 2004 • 3210 Posts

To people that inquired, Sony said they would be coming but not so soon. Also I wouldn't be too excited. If they're the PS1 ports, the load times are almost game-breaking.

Morello964
This. Next to the original SNES cartridges, I believe the GBA and DS versions of FFVI and CT, respectively, are the best versions. No crazy load times, just as fun to play. Plus, Chrono Trigger DS includes the cartoon vids that were first featured in the laggy PS1 port.
elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
no date but i wouldn't think it would take them to long
DrRockso87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 DrRockso87
Member since 2010 • 2647 Posts

Final Fantasy VI is already out on the Japanese and European Playstation Store so I would assume North America will see a release eventually.

Chrono Trigger though is a different story since it's not even available on the Japanese Playstation Network yet. Both are coming but not sure when.

In other news though, seems like Chrono Cross(and to lesser excitement Final Fantasy Origins) are both heading to the Playstation Network soon enough.

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1064680/final_fantasy_origins_chrono_cross_rated_for_ps3.html

(Blame Gamespot for non-clickable links)

About time. Now where's Sony with Legend of Dragoon? :D

dan_gerous87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 dan_gerous87
Member since 2007 • 785 Posts

FF6 is already out on UK PSN. I bought it & loved it...so many classic moments & characters, & one of the best soundtracks I've ever heard.

I'm interested to see if the Chrono games come to the UK store at all, since the retail versions never got released here. If not, I can still get them from the US store. Either way I'll finally get to play those games without importing consoles or whatever.

Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#10 Balmane
Member since 2008 • 13255 Posts

Wait a sec?? Did I read Chrono Cross is coming!? That better come to Europe!!!

z4twenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 z4twenny
Member since 2006 • 4898 Posts

Morello964

I dunno if a 1 - 2 second load time on battles and the menu screen is "game breaking"

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

[QUOTE="Morello964"]

z4twenny

I dunno if a 1 - 2 second load time on battles and the menu screen is "game breaking"

Once you've played it on the DS, there's no going back to load times, ESPECIALLY during the action. It might not ruin the game, but it certainly taints it after you've played the game on load-less systems. Love CT, one of the only RPGs I've ever gotten lost in (time-wise).

I've gotten lost-lost playing an RPG plenty of times.

:lol:

But CT is special. Very, VERY special.

:)