Far Cry 3 has the best voice acting I have ever seen

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bronxsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Bronxsta
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

It's rare for me to play a game for the story. but this game, the acting is just incredible. Especially Vaas, probably the most magnetic acting I've seen all year and I'm talking movie and TV as well

Just watch this (It's during the burning house sequence), starting at 14:00. So slight spoilers, but really just watch it for the voice acting
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-AIF0XVN8k

Forget LA Noire, this voice acting in this game (at least Vaas, for now) is just absolutely captivating. In open world games, I usually never finish the story, but this is one of the few sandbox games where I'll be racing through the campaign missions to see more of Vaas. I can't wait to see more of his performance

Opinions? Or is there another game that does it better?

fearhome21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 fearhome21
Member since 2011 • 340 Posts

i enjoyed hitman absolution acting as for now! it was really good compared to previous hitman games

about FC3 im getting this game today so ill check it out and reply on that thread (i didnt saw the video as i dont want to spoil nothin to myself)

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Seen or heard?

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#4 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
I can' wait for Far Cry 3.. day 1 buy for me. I preordered months ago. The game looks amazing.
MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

I'm not impressed with anything I've seen, or HEARD, of the game... Especially the "acting" during cut scenes. Are you serious??? Or are you being sarcastic...

:?

... Got me thinking you're totally sarcastic, saying "best voice acting you've ever SEEN". It's a joke, right?

Kravyn81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#6 Kravyn81
Member since 2005 • 9438 Posts

Opinions? Or is there another game that does it better?Bronxsta

Not to pick a nit, but referring back to the title of this thread don't you mean "Far Cry 3 has the best voice acting I have ever HEARD"?

EDIT: Sorry, Monkey, I don't mean to be a parrot of what you said first. I didn't see your reply until after I posted mine. It seems great minds think alike, eh? :P

kungfool69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 kungfool69
Member since 2006 • 2584 Posts

Seen or heard?

yokofox33
i also had a quick giggle at the irony
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#8 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

everything about the game is getting me excited.

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MonkeySpot

[QUOTE="Bronxsta"]Opinions? Or is there another game that does it better?Kravyn81

Not to pick a nit, but referring back to the title of this thread don't you mean "Far Cry 3 has the best voice acting I have ever HEARD"?

EDIT: Sorry, Monkey, I don't mean to be a parrot of what you said first. I didn't see your reply until after I posted mine. It seems great minds think alike, eh? :P

Indubitably!

:D

The game is getting pretty high marks, but what I've seen of it on GT.com and other sources, for the life of my I don't see (or hear) it. I still have FC2 to swim through. Perhaps if I have a vacancy in the FPS spot of my gaming day after that... Which I've heard is a loooooong game... Then I'll give this a more serious look. Should be around 2014 or so. And, by then, it'll be $7.99, like my copy of FC2... Hurry up and buy your $60 copies everyone, so I can pick up my used copy for under $10!

:D

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6851 Posts
Can't wait to check it out. I found the Jackal's voice over was well done. Also, liked the voice overs in Enslaved.
TheTenth10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 TheTenth10
Member since 2006 • 3087 Posts

pretty bad in French and no option to change to english

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MonkeySpot

pretty bad in French and no option to change to english

TheTenth10

French, as a language, puts me in an instant rage... I hate the sound of it, and want to pick up a steel bar and beat whomever is speaking it...

:lol:

... So many other languages are pleasant to my ear. Mandarin, Japanese, German... But some languages just sound awful to me. I'm really not a big fan of English, either. I think it's an ugly sounding language. Except when I hear a Manchester accent... Or Australian accent. Then English sounds kind of nice, and a tad musical. But on the whole, not a fan of English or French.

:)

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
Vaas is the best video game performance I have witnessed in awhile. Thumbs up to whoever his voice actor is.
PetJel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 PetJel
Member since 2009 • 3725 Posts
Just played the game for 2 hours, the intro is great, the voice acting actually is excellent. Expectations surpassed.
jordonj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 jordonj
Member since 2010 • 1069 Posts
How did you get it so soon (I thought it wasn't going to be released till next Tuesday?)
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
How did you get it so soon (I thought it wasn't going to be released till next Tuesday?)jordonj
GreenManGaming was sending out codes for people that pre-ordered as early as a week ago.. Unfortunately, Ubisoft doesn't allow them to sell codes to people outside of Europe. :(
PetJel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 PetJel
Member since 2009 • 3725 Posts
How did you get it so soon (I thought it wasn't going to be released till next Tuesday?)jordonj
The game came out yesterday in Europe. It's a week later in NA this time, unlike other games where it's always the other way around. I can confirm the game is ****** amazing, played for about 6 hours total today. Takes some time to get into it, and I recommend doing a bunch of missions before you go out exploring too much. I do play it on pc though, and it looks incredible aswell. Gunplay is superb, stealth is great (both animations and the spot mechanics) and the island is huge. It's pretty much Dishonored with guns in a Just Cause 2 setting.
Cedars65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Cedars65
Member since 2012 • 40 Posts

In my time as a gamer, no game has matched the voice acting of Uncharted 2 and 3 for me. Interested to see...I mean hear, if this can match it.

Avatar image for UnchartedPirate
UnchartedPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 UnchartedPirate
Member since 2012 • 91 Posts

Far Cry 3 is going to be a Masterpiece.

Avatar image for UnchartedPirate
UnchartedPirate