Fallout New Vegas: Ultimate Edition Dead Money DLC

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ipumpmygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ipumpmygun
Member since 2007 • 456 Posts

Possible Spoilers

After entering the Sierra Madre, I received three quests and in the those three quests I had two options.

Kill or save my companions. I saved Dog/God, had no choice but to kill Dean Domino, but couldn't save or Kill Christine Royce because every time I tried to enter the luxury suites, the game would freeze. I started Dead Money over and did the quests in the Sierra Madre in a different order, but no luck.

Question: How can I fix this game breaking freeze?

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

How big is your save file? The game gets notoriously unstable once your save file becomes rather big. Personally, I had very little issues with this DLC as it was the first one I played. The last one I played, however, I had major freezing issues at one part and kept having to reboot my system and everything until I finally got past it. That said, how many attempts have you given it? Does it freeze immediately or would you have time to save again at any point?

The only 2 things I can recommend are re-installing the game entirely and clearing out the cache, the latter of which is done by holding L2, R2, and square as soon as the "loading trophies" screen disappears and keep it held for a while. Otherwise, I'm not sure what else you can do.

ipumpmygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By ipumpmygun
Member since 2007 • 456 Posts

@SoNin360:

Thank you for the reply.

My save file is 10 MB. I haven't tried deleting the cache, so I'll give that a try.

I tried deleting the game data and save file and then re-installing it. Same problem. As soon as I enter the luxury suite, it freezes and I have to reset my PS3. It only freezes at that point and no where else in the dlc.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

My save file was probably bigger and I had no troubles with the Dead Money DLC.

Did you try turning off all your "autosave" options? Seriously, that helps with performance so much. It's just shitty when you get the occasional freeze and you haven't manually saved in a while.

Dead Money was definitely my favorite out of all the DLC's. Damnit, now I need to buy FNV: UE for a 5th time. Idk why I keep trading it in.