Eye-Toy and PS3 Question

This topic is locked from further discussion.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#1 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

So I understand they are coming out with a 1st part camera made just for the PS3, but for anyone with an Eye-Toy, does that work on PS3?  If so, what can you do with it?  Anything worthwhile?

madness3120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 madness3120
Member since 2006 • 351 Posts
Couple ppl said it worked, bout the only thing u can do is have video chat (on the xmb menu)
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 donalbane
Couple ppl said it worked, bout the only thing u can do is have video chat (on the xmb menu)madness3120
Thanks. No point then, at least for me.
Jamh83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Jamh83
Member since 2006 • 689 Posts
[QUOTE="madness3120"]Couple ppl said it worked, bout the only thing u can do is have video chat (on the xmb menu)donalbane

Actually you might want to lookup EyeToy PS3 on youtube, it'll do more than video chat.
madness3120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 madness3120
Member since 2006 • 351 Posts
[QUOTE="donalbane"][QUOTE="madness3120"]Couple ppl said it worked, bout the only thing u can do is have video chat (on the xmb menu)Jamh83

Actually you might want to lookup EyeToy PS3 on youtube, it'll do more than video chat.

Thats the NEW eye-toy he asked about the EYE-TOY that out already and thats made for the PS2
Jamh83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Jamh83
Member since 2006 • 689 Posts
Oops, my mistake. I've been holding off on that one for the EyeToy HD.
jerrt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jerrt
Member since 2006 • 713 Posts
eyetoy works on ps3 for ps2 games that support it. it also works for doing video chat, although i haven't tested it. if anyone has a camera and wants to try it, send me a friend invite on the network to psn id : jErrt once i get the message and i see you online we will give it a shot. [: now if they would just make it so the trance vibrator for rez would work. ]:
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 donalbane
[QUOTE="jerrt"]eyetoy works on ps3 for ps2 games that support it. it also works for doing video chat, although i haven't tested it. if anyone has a camera and wants to try it, send me a friend invite on the network to psn id : jErrt once i get the message and i see you online we will give it a shot. [: now if they would just make it so the trance vibrator for rez would work. ]:

I looked and looked for Rez but never found a copy with the vibrator thingy. I bet my girlfriend would like that game lol.
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 donalbane
[QUOTE="jerrt"]eyetoy works on ps3 for ps2 games that support it. it also works for doing video chat, although i haven't tested it. if anyone has a camera and wants to try it, send me a friend invite on the network to psn id : jErrt once i get the message and i see you online we will give it a shot. [: now if they would just make it so the trance vibrator for rez would work. ]:

Which (decent) ps2 games used the Camera? The only one's I know of are Tony Hawk and some baseball game that let you put your pic on the characters. Any others?
Sgt_Hale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Sgt_Hale
Member since 2007 • 2257 Posts

I wasn't interested in Eye Toy on the PS2. I am interested in that card game for the PS3 though... I'll be looking to see more information on the game as it rolls around. But if they keep coming up with creative uses for it, it could be pretty cool.

jerrt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jerrt
Member since 2006 • 713 Posts
[QUOTE="donalbane"][QUOTE="jerrt"]eyetoy works on ps3 for ps2 games that support it. it also works for doing video chat, although i haven't tested it. if anyone has a camera and wants to try it, send me a friend invite on the network to psn id : jErrt once i get the message and i see you online we will give it a shot. [: now if they would just make it so the trance vibrator for rez would work. ]:

I looked and looked for Rez but never found a copy with the vibrator thingy. I bet my girlfriend would like that game lol.

the only place to get rez with the trance vibrator is from japan. you have to import it. ebay is where i got mine.
Avatar image for danthegardner99
danthegardner99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 danthegardner99
Member since 2006 • 799 Posts
ya i video chatted with my cousin but it could be a little better and i like the fact that the itoy has a built in microphone so u can talk in the video chat and games w/o a headset, but there is audio lag, and the sound of the other people is heard on the t.v.