Evolution Studios thinking about compensation for Driveclub

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#1 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

I really hope so, i haven't been able to play anything online since launch

Link

We have been working all weekend & we are making progress but its proving to be a challenging issue to address.

We’ve got the team working extremely hard trying to address the problems, we understand just how serious this is.

The studio is definitely taking the issue seriously, and Rustchynsky revealed that options to compensate early adopters are being considered, in response to a request from a fan.

We’re considering all of our options right now.

He also clarified what he meant yesterday with the issues being on the software side.

We’ve got no limits to the amount of servers or the quality of hardware, its purely down to the server code having some bugs.

Unfortunately, he still has no ETA for the release PlayStation Plus edition, but more details on progress in solving the issues have been promised for tomorrow.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ewalthour
Member since 2013 • 841 Posts

@The_Last_Ride: this is old news and I doubt they give us anything other than some free points or a free car or extra track

Avatar image for 001011000101101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 337

#3 001011000101101
Member since 2008 • 4395 Posts

How about fixing the game-ruining AI? I don't remember the last time I played a racing game with this shit AI on this side of 2000. It's ridiculous.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 The_Last_Ride

@ewalthour said:

@The_Last_Ride: this is old news and I doubt they give us anything other than some free points or a free car or extra track

It's old beause there hasn't been any update for the game. The fucking servers are still down

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ewalthour

@The_Last_Ride: lol... I am so glad i don't preorder digitally. I hope anyone that gets a game digitally will finally learn from this. This is one of the worse launches ever. I thought the servers we're better and more people getting online.

See,when we read about games having development issues that things are going down the toilet . There is internal problems in this studio with director leaving etc. Then on dual shocker this new director can't stop talking every day before game came out and now he has to continue answering when servers will work .

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 The_Last_Ride

@ewalthour said:

@The_Last_Ride: lol... I am so glad i don't preorder digitally. I hope anyone that gets a game digitally will finally learn from this. This is one of the worse launches ever. I thought the servers we're better and more people getting online.

See,when we read about games having development issues that things are going down the toilet . There is internal problems in this studio with director leaving etc. Then on dual shocker this new director can't stop talking every day before game came out and now he has to continue answering when servers will work .

There hasn't been any news on the servers at all

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ewalthour

@The_Last_Ride: Very sad from Sony and evolution and soon I hope they learn their lesson and lose customers to Xbox. I know evolution will lose a chunk of the people who may have bought the game after playing psn+ version.

I know Xbox has crappy member service when it comes to free games but probably better online stability.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@ewalthour said:

@The_Last_Ride: Very sad from Sony and evolution and soon I hope they learn their lesson and lose customers to Xbox. I know evolution will lose a chunk of the people who may have bought the game after playing psn+ version.

I know Xbox has crappy member service when it comes to free games but probably better online stability.

Sony is doing way better and that's not going to happen. It's Evolution Studio's fault. It's their responsibility. Not Sony's, they screwed up

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@ewalthour said:

@The_Last_Ride: probably better online stability.

The online stability is on the developer (Evolution in this case), not PSN itself. Shit online code releases all the time on PC, Xbox, Playstation, etc...and I don't blame the platform, I blame the developer. I have played terrible buggy online games on PC and I didn't blame the PC for the trouble as I knew it was the developer. The same case here.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ewalthour

@SolidTy: But ulltimatrly since Sony is responsible for their 1st party game they should make sure they got their bleep together so they don't look bad.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@ewalthour said:

@SolidTy: But ulltimatrly since Sony is responsible for their 1st party game they should make sure they got their bleep together so they don't look bad.

True, but I wasn't talking about Sony's game. That's a different subject others were discussing. I made it clear I was talking directly to what you said.

@ewalthour said:

I corrected that notion about online stability being the issue for this game's problems. Online stability between Xbox, Playstation, Nintendo, and PC aren't in play here. This all rests on the developers (Evolution) and the publisher (Sony).

Again, to repeat:

@SolidTy said:

@ewalthour said:

probably better online stability.

The online stability is on the developer (Evolution in this case), not PSN itself. Shit online code releases all the time on PC, Xbox, Playstation, etc...and I don't blame the platform, I blame the developer. I have played terrible buggy online games on PC and I didn't blame the PC for the trouble as I knew it was the developer. The same case here.

With regards to Sony being responsible for their 1st party game, although I was never talking about that point, I agree with that side point. Sony as the publisher is responsible as is the developer of the product Evolution. However, that deflects my only point and original message which was I simply wanted to correct the online stability comment.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ewalthour

@SolidTy: I get it from the beginning that it's everybody fault but psn. It was reminded the me on latest ign podcast how smooth destiny online went. Stupid Sony and evolution should have given us Psn+ a open beta knowing this is their flagship online racer. But supposively evolution had some private tester before launch and things went smooth. What was that private launch, 5 of their closes buddies? I mean this game hinges on online play and should have had thousands of us Psn proper allowed to pay it to make sure the game launched without a hitch.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

They should offer PS+ subscribers the full game for $20 for screwing us over by pulling the PS+ version after promising it would be available the first week in October.

Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

this just looks so bad. they had extra time and still botched the game. I really wanted this game to have a good launch.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

This game has been a disaster since the launch of the PS4. Good job Evolution and Sony.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ewalthour

@Bigboi500: I don't even want to pay $20 at this point.

What I have no problem doing now is getting a used copy of drive club and trying it then return it back to game stop.

I'm already calling game stop stores in my area for a used copy. This Tuesday is the last day I tolerate this if no new free psn+ is available.