Everything MLB15: The Show

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Pleeeebz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Pleeeebz
Member since 2015 • 26 Posts

Okay, I haven't seen any other threads like this, so I figured I'd start one.

MLB15: The Show dropped yesterday 3/31 and I wanted to get opinions on it! Have you played the game? Are you a long time player of the franchise? What do you like best? What don't you like best?

I will start with my dislikes, only one so far, but I've only played about 5 hours. Progressive Field renovations are not updated in this years game. If you didn't know, Cleveland Indians' Progressive Field had a big change in their RF, eliminating all of the upperdeck seats and replacing it with a HUGE bar. In MLB15: The Show, the RF seats are still there. It looks just like it did last year, and while I was hoping there may be an update that would change this in the future, I read from theshownation.com that stadium changes are almost impossible to accomplish due to the size. I believe Wrigley Field renovations are included this year, though. I also noticed a spelling error at Chase Field, the Diamondbacks Stadium, the banner says Division/World Series "Champians". Another final note that I'm sure will be patched, when playing a game using the Indians VS Twins, I made a pitching change and the PA announcer says "Now pitching for the DODGERS". I seen many people saying that this is happening to them as well.

As far as my likes, the list goes on. Graphical enhancements are really nice, but the mechanics and smoothness of play are what really make this game better than last year. I love the new equipment you can unlock and use, the sunlight changes during game, and I'm THRILLED to FINALLY be able to continue my career in RTTS. I never dove into Diamond Dynasty in MLB14 (noob), but I checked that out last night and it looks like it's going to be good. Batting seems to be improved as well. I can actually read breaking pitches now, and the new directional hitting is a perfect compliment when you guess correctly on a fastball high and away.

I could continue but I must get back to work, let me know how much you're enjoying the game! PLAY BALL

Dilrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By Dilrod
Member since 2003 • 4257 Posts

@pleeeebz: I created a topic last night about a statistical error in RTTS that is rather frustrating.

Pleeeebz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Pleeeebz

@Dilrod: I seen. I had you mistaken at first but now I get what you were saying in that post. I haven't noticed that yet (I'm not a pitcher in RTTS) but if that is true that would be highly frustrating and needs to be addressed, as I'm sure it will be.

porkchopxp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By porkchopxp
Member since 2004 • 1181 Posts

Sony San Diego freely admits that they only visit each stadium every 2 years so perhaps next year the new changes in Cleveland will appear. They also have devs scouting stadium accuracy via MLB/Fox network broadcasts.

I've played 6 nine-inning, broadcast mode games(on PS4) and the only bugs/glitches I've come across are related to baserunning, such as, runners tagging up with 2 outs or not advancing when I've clearly had the correct buttons pressed.

As for the quality(gameplay, graphics, ball physics wise), MLB The Show 15 is the tightest, smoothest, iteration of the series I've played and I've been there since its beginnings on the PS2. I'm not as picky as some gamers when it comes to the minutia like spot on wind ups or stances or the like cause I can fix that myself. I care more about how the game feels to hit, field, throw and pitch and this version is sweet.

BTW, I play on all-star difficulty with all hud stuff off except the pulse pitching meter.

SgtSutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SgtSutton
Member since 2005 • 432 Posts

I'm liking the gameplay, but I bought the Anniversary edition and can't figure out how to unlock all my free stuff I'm supposed to get, anyone know?

Pleeeebz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Pleeeebz

@SgtSutton: Yes sir. If you have pre-ordered the anniversary edition, you will have to go back into the PlayStation Store and select the MLB 15 The Show Anniversary Edition product again to entitle yourself to the items that are included. Once you have the items entitled, you can load MLB 15 The Show and you should be prompted a message, offering to go redeem your items. That message should take you to the Show Shop > Purchase or Redeem screen. There you should see your Stubs and Packs to redeem and apply to your account. Packs can be opened in the Pack Management screen.

SgtSutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SgtSutton

@pleeeebz said:

@SgtSutton: Yes sir. If you have pre-ordered the anniversary edition, you will have to go back into the PlayStation Store and select the MLB 15 The Show Anniversary Edition product again to entitle yourself to the items that are included. Once you have the items entitled, you can load MLB 15 The Show and you should be prompted a message, offering to go redeem your items. That message should take you to the Show Shop > Purchase or Redeem screen. There you should see your Stubs and Packs to redeem and apply to your account. Packs can be opened in the Pack Management screen.

Is that even with a physical copy of the game? I'm guessing I was supposed to receive a code with the steal book, but nothing was in the front right like they normally are.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#8 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@pleeeebz: I'm interested in the series even though i have no clue about anything related to baseball

SgtSutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SgtSutton

@The_Last_Ride said:

@pleeeebz: I'm interested in the series even though i have no clue about anything related to baseball

Its difficult for me to say for sure because I follow and love baseball. But I would think that its a game that really allows for someone who doesn't understand the sport to pick it up and learn the game and be successful. The series has a constant flow of difficulty which changes as you get better, or might lower it if you can't hit the ball. I would give it a try if you think it looks good

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

It allows you to practice every facet of the game so you will learn along the way.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#11 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@SgtSutton said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Its difficult for me to say for sure because I follow and love baseball. But I would think that its a game that really allows for someone who doesn't understand the sport to pick it up and learn the game and be successful. The series has a constant flow of difficulty which changes as you get better, or might lower it if you can't hit the ball. I would give it a try if you think it looks good

Alright, i know some of the rules. But it's just a sport i could never get into

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

How smooth is the online? One of the issues I had with ps3 versions is the only would be rocky. The pitches would skip into the catchers mitt and would be so frustrating trying to time the hitting (which is already difficult to begin with)

Pleeeebz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Pleeeebz

@ps4hasnogames: Sorry it took so long to reply brother! On PS4 the online play is much better than any previous version I've played. But, as to be expected, it can still get choppy. One thing I HAVE noticed is that there is no lag during pitching / batting. Most of the lag you will encounter is during baserunning / fielding. But it's still much more smooth than any previous version. I love Diamond Dynasty and play it everyday.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

@pleeeebz said:

@ps4hasnogames: Sorry it took so long to reply brother! On PS4 the online play is much better than any previous version I've played. But, as to be expected, it can still get choppy. One thing I HAVE noticed is that there is no lag during pitching / batting. Most of the lag you will encounter is during baserunning / fielding. But it's still much more smooth than any previous version. I love Diamond Dynasty and play it everyday.

i bought the game, loving it. but you are right. the base running is laggy as hell. to the point where Ive lost many games due to getting thrown out or the runner not advancing on the base because of the lag. Which is completely BS, if they can get the pitching and batting smooth they should get the fielding and base running smooth as well.